one pound of fat

foodfairy

Silver Member
Hello! Do you know me?
If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat.
And I am the happiest pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.
Want to know why?
It's because no one ever wants to lose me.
I'm only one pound, just a pound!
Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds, but never only one.
So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.
Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.
That is until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.
Yes, it's fun being only one pound of fat, left to do as I please.
So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."
(As if that were such a terrible thing)
For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.
And, I love being around you-your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.
After all, I'm only one pound of fat!!!

im sorry if i offended you with the post lesley, i didnt realise it had been posted before and i said when i posted it on the weight watchers forum, i pinched it from another board, just thought it might help some people :confused:

That is displayed on one of the boards at my SW group. Such true words.

im sorry if i offended you with the post lesley, i didnt realise it had been posted before and i said when i posted it on the weight watchers forum, i pinched it from another board, just thought it might help some people :confused:

Dont worry foodfairy... its a great piece. Like you I was unaware KD had posted it already. I dont think she'd expect any credit for it

Yee by gum...no problem at all :) I've had it in my files for years and spread it everywhere.

Tell you what though. I bought one of my own compositions this week:eek:

Needed a backing track fast, and didn't have time to arrange my own. This guy on another forum offered to sell me one he had. I bought it in desperation. Recognised the style:rolleyes: Looked into the copyright...and there was my name:eek:

1998. Forgotten all about it. Sometimes I put things about, just to see how far they travel. Don't expect to have to pay to get them back though :D I did find it kinda amusing. Just wish I hadn't parted with the cash:rolleyes:

Looking around. Not housework, that's for sure:eek:

I collect jobs, like most ladies collect shoes. Primarily, I'm a piano and music theory teacher. Inbetween that, I teach in school. In between that, I'm a music arranger and composer, write reviews for new music, write the occasional articles for music teachers, run a boomwhacker band and kazoo band, recorder group, choir and play at being a Mummy. I also do work in the voluntary sector.

Sometimes, I sleep :D

Back