One stone at a time target/challenge.

Hey there, well done on all the weight loss so far :D. I am only thinking in small steps as goals - but I am using lbs not stones so 10lbs at a time are my goals - feels a bit more manageable when you've got 12 stone to lose!!
Emms x

Welcome emma. Im doing the exact same as you . I broke down into small goals this time and finding it much easier . Good luck to you this wk and come on here anytime for support and a few laughs x x

yay loser dance i lost a pound and a half and got my 10% goal yay. good luck to everyone this wk :)

Woo hoo! Get in there!

What a great week !

Lisa x
Oh dear, I'm a real loser but not in the good loser dance way :( Well..... Daren't get on scales cos been off plan for bout 10 days. I've started bein back "on it" past 2 days but got to tea time & failed miserably. Any ideas to kick my but & get back on it? I've already cancelled monthly pass but can carry on goin till beginning of dec. Do I go to class on fri & face music & hope I have enuff willpower to go it alone in 2 week time? How does everyone else control themselves to go it alone?

Hey there, well done on all the weight loss so far :D. I am only thinking in small steps as goals - but I am using lbs not stones so 10lbs at a time are my goals - feels a bit more manageable when you've got 12 stone to lose!!
Emms x

Hi Emma,

Welcome to our little family!

10lbs at a time, sounds good! as you say small but manageable.

Feel free to call back and join us regularly, we all support each other, and newbies !

Good Luck
Lisa x

Oh dear, I'm a real loser but not in the good loser dance way :( Well..... Daren't get on scales cos been off plan for bout 10 days. I've started bein back "on it" past 2 days but got to tea time & failed miserably. Any ideas to kick my but & get back on it? I've already cancelled monthly pass but can carry on goin till beginning of dec. Do I go to class on fri & face music & hope I have enuff willpower to go it alone in 2 week time? How does everyone else control themselves to go it alone?

I really think that you NEED to go on Friday.... you HAVE TO GO !

You don't know what the scales are going to say.. hey you could have put 2lb on... you could have sts, you could have put 3lb on, but come on!!! You can loose that AGAIN !

Maybe sometimes we need to lapse, to get back into it...

I have had a bad week, so I feel the same as you do, and Im trying to encourage you to stick to it, as Im at the same point... about to give up, and its only been about 2 bloody weeks on the diet! HELP ME !

My wi is on Thursday night, and Im dreading it...its took me 2 weeks to loose what some people loose in half a week, I really struggle with dieting, staying on track, resisting potato cakes :sigh:. I personally would not be able to at this point go it alone at home.

How long have you been on the diet for and how much have you lost in total ?

Another way to think about it... which is really scary (in my eyes anyway) if I go to ww on Thursday and do my WI and I have put 2lbs back on, then how long would it take me to put 4lbs on, then 6lbs then before I know it, a stone has creeped up on me.... scary thought.... just by giving up I am in effect making it harder each passing week on myself.

Go look at your fat pictures, or think back to the thought that made you want to loose weight, loosing weight is in all honesty going to be for us lot, a life time struggle, we are going to put weight on and loose it all out lives, maybe when we get to goal (yes it is possible) we are going to have periods in our lives when we go over... it's going to happen.. we have to be realistic and figure a way out to get back into the swing of things.

Lisa xx

Thanks Lisa, I've lost 15 half pounds at last weigh in. It's took me 9 weeks to do that. This fri will be my 11th week. Im not where I wanted to be when I started. At mo im feeling as fat & miserable as when I started. I AM going to go on fri to weigh in. I AM going to plan my nxt weeks meals & treat nxt week like my first week & I AM going to lose every week up until Christmas. Initially I thought I was goin to be workin on a fri so had it in my head I dint ave to go to meeting anymore. But work offered me a rubbish job on a fri so I turned it down. I'm not goin in on a fri for a rubbish job, I want a good end to the week & what better way to start the weekend with a day off.
I'm gonna also start a diary I think, on my phone. Just a personal diary of what I ate, how I feel, good & bad. Someone else mentioned it somewhere & hope that might work , maybe.

Galaxy Girl - I've had a hideous few days after having a fall and cracking my rib - I've just been eating and eating - but I am going to go to WI today, just face the music - I appear to be 0.5lb up, but I will take that!

Well done to the losers :D xxx

Thanks Lisa, I've lost 15 half pounds at last weigh in. It's took me 9 weeks to do that. This fri will be my 11th week. Im not where I wanted to be when I started. At mo im feeling as fat & miserable as when I started. I AM going to go on fri to weigh in. I AM going to plan my nxt weeks meals & treat nxt week like my first week & I AM going to lose every week up until Christmas. Initially I thought I was goin to be workin on a fri so had it in my head I dint ave to go to meeting anymore. But work offered me a rubbish job on a fri so I turned it down. I'm not goin in on a fri for a rubbish job, I want a good end to the week & what better way to start the weekend with a day off.
I'm gonna also start a diary I think, on my phone. Just a personal diary of what I ate, how I feel, good & bad. Someone else mentioned it somewhere & hope that might work , maybe.

Wow! 1 stone 1 1/2lbs! ! That is a great loss!

Just been catching up on the thread and you sound so much more positive this morning, well done for ditching that other mood! I think keeping a diary is a great idea, as is planning meals etc. I find if I don't have a clear plan for what I am eating when then I am going to hit the danger zone.

You might not be doing the loser dance this Friday but I am sure you won't have as bad a weigh in as you expect and you'll be back dancing for us next week!

Morgenmuffel x

Emms x

Welcome Emma, small steps is the way to do it, as the bigger picture can be such a daunting one! Looking forward to hearing how you get on.

Morgenmuffel x

I have had a bad week, so I feel the same as you do, and Im trying to encourage you to stick to it, as Im at the same point... about to give up, and its only been about 2 bloody weeks on the diet! HELP ME !

My wi is on Thursday night, and Im dreading it...its took me 2 weeks to loose what some people loose in half a week, I really struggle with dieting, staying on track, resisting potato cakes :sigh:. I personally would not be able to at this point go it alone at home.

Awww (((Hugs))) One of the ways that I have found to bum myself right out in the past is comparing my weightlosses to other peoples, unfortunately we are all different and the rate at which we lose is going to vary. There was a girl in SW I was silently "competing" with and every time she had a better loss I'd go home and stuff my face, which resulted in her losing 5 stones really quickly and me faffing about with the same stone for ages, booooo...

You're doing all the right things to stay on track, and remember we're 100% behind you :)

Morgenmuffel x

Galaxy Girl - I've had a hideous few days after having a fall and cracking my rib - I've just been eating and eating - but I am going to go to WI today, just face the music - I appear to be 0.5lb up, but I will take that!

Well done to the losers :D xxx

Ouchies, hope that rib gets well soon, you're allowed a bit of comfort when that happens but now's the time to get back at it, you've done excellently before this happened.

Morgenmuffel x

Awww (((Hugs))) One of the ways that I have found to bum myself right out in the past is comparing my weightlosses to other peoples, unfortunately we are all different and the rate at which we lose is going to vary. There was a girl in SW I was silently "competing" with and every time she had a better loss I'd go home and stuff my face, which resulted in her losing 5 stones really quickly and me faffing about with the same stone for ages, booooo...

You're doing all the right things to stay on track, and remember we're 100% behind you :)

Morgenmuffel x

Aww thanks for that :bighug:
It is frustrating though, as I have never lost more than 2lbs a week on any diet, in fact, ive never lost more than 7lbs in total on any diet :eek:. So I have accepted that I am a slow loser, but i've just got to get on with it! Hopefully the longer it takes to get it off, the longer it stays off. Problem with that is than in all reality I am going to have a lot of set backs in that period of time!

Im going out for a indian on Sat Night, and I have no idea what to have at all... Was thinkin chicken tikka (no sauce) with rice... No Naan bread (I really love Naan bread) and some popadoms and chutney.. I want to be able to enjoy the meal. And to be honest, I don't have problem with portion sizes. But I want to be full, as I don't want to end up getting some popcorn when Im at the pictures!

Oh im getting the box set Zumba dvd this week hopefully, and I am going swimming tonight, maybe that will help a little!

Lisa xx

Having viewed the scales - it appeared I actually gained 1.5lbs, rather than just 0.5lbs - drats!

I also managed to consume small chips and small battered sausage, which means I've had 10 of my weeklies already (I only ruddy got them this morning) and I won't be able to have any dinner :( DOH!

xxx

oh dear Missy :( but 1.5 lbs is better than the 2 you feared earlier! Have something lowish pointed for dinner and don't worry about using the weeklies so early, I always find if I have them earlier in the week then I lose more. Hope you enjoyed the Sausage and Chips, they don't have chip shops over here luckily for me I suppose.

Morgenmuffel x

Last edited:
Aww thanks for that :bighug:
It is frustrating though, as I have never lost more than 2lbs a week on any diet, in fact, ive never lost more than 7lbs in total on any diet :eek:. So I have accepted that I am a slow loser, but i've just got to get on with it! Hopefully the longer it takes to get it off, the longer it stays off. Problem with that is than in all reality I am going to have a lot of set backs in that period of time!

Im going out for a indian on Sat Night, and I have no idea what to have at all... Was thinkin chicken tikka (no sauce) with rice... No Naan bread (I really love Naan bread) and some popadoms and chutney.. I want to be able to enjoy the meal. And to be honest, I don't have problem with portion sizes. But I want to be full, as I don't want to end up getting some popcorn when Im at the pictures!

Oh im getting the box set Zumba dvd this week hopefully, and I am going swimming tonight, maybe that will help a little!

Lisa xx

Will you be saving your weeklies for it? I think it is better to have a little something that you enjoy rather than denying it and making the cravings worse. As long as you eat until you are full and not stuffed you should be able to do it every now and then. Perhaps someone will share a Naan with you, that would help lower the points. Bleh we don't really have Indian food over here either, I could go for a nice curry.

I think you're spot on with accepting you're a slow loser, once you come to terms with the fact it's gonna be longer than you might like, it is easier to keep going. After all I may have only lost 4 stone in 2.5 years, but imagine how much more I could have gained in that time... Scary!

Morgenmuffel x

Having viewed the scales - it appeared I actually gained 1.5lbs, rather than just 0.5lbs - drats!

I also managed to consume small chips and small battered sausage, which means I've had 10 of my weeklies already (I only ruddy got them this morning) and I won't be able to have any dinner :( DOH!

xxx

Hey missy dont be worrying you had a good excuse just forget about it now and start a new wk. Plus on wi day i always have a treat and is nearly always chipper and dont point it. Because i ave a wk to get it off i still lose. So here is to a good wk for you this wk x

Hey lisa. Dont you go giving up missus , you are the one that keeps s all going on here and we will all do the same for you. I go out every sun for dinner and have only a small brekkie so that i can eat what i like that day and use some of my weeklies. Maybe this might work for sat . Hugs to you x x

xxx

Oh Dear, ok minor set back, what are you planning on doing it to kick start it again and get the gained pounds off ?

Will you be saving your weeklies for it? I think it is better to have a little something that you enjoy rather than denying it and making the cravings worse. As long as you eat until you are full and not stuffed you should be able to do it every now and then. Perhaps someone will share a Naan with you, that would help lower the points. Bleh we don't really have Indian food over here either, I could go for a nice curry.

I think you're spot on with accepting you're a slow loser, once you come to terms with the fact it's gonna be longer than you might like, it is easier to keep going. After all I may have only lost 4 stone in 2.5 years, but imagine how much more I could have gained in that time... Scary!

Morgenmuffel x

Well, I think that I will use some points off my extra, and if I go swimming 2 times that week, that will be 10 points towards my meal! On the day, I think I will have a zero points soup and fruit and maybe a ww meal for dinner, so that I am not starving when I get there... Plus side, Im not drinking as I am driving... so I will prob just have a coffee, and I will take a little pot with me with my sweetner in it.

Later on I will be looking at the menu, and deciding what I am going to have, then I can calculate the points.

Hey lisa. Dont you go giving up missus , you are the one that keeps s all going on here and we will all do the same for you. I go out every sun for dinner and have only a small brekkie so that i can eat what i like that day and use some of my weeklies. Maybe this might work for sat . Hugs to you x x

Well fingers crossed hun ! And thanks xx

Im feeling a lot more positive now !

Lisa x

Back