One stone mental barrier!

BrightonMark

Trying... Really Trying.
Hi Girls and Guys.

I have been doing SW for about 2 months now (not my first time with the diet) and I have lost a stone at various points.

Trouble is.

I hit a stone, I feel all proud, and then my commitment to it goes to hell.

I lost the stone in the first 4 weeks after religiously staying on green days, then I went camping and put on 7lbs in a booze fuelled BBQ haze (was worth it I thought) So I came back 100% sure I needed to lose it again, which I did, then recently everytime I get asked to go for dinner with friends/lunch with colleagues etc I just end up eating rubbish. Last night I ate FIVE doughnuts just because I fancied something.

I feel pretty down about the fact that I lose a stone, then put half back, then lose back, but never seem to get beyond the stone mark, I dont know whether I just get "Bored" with the diet, or relax a little and let the "treats" and "one off bad meals" increase.

Does anyone else feel like they are bouncing back and forth but not really getting anywhere? I seriously want to lose weight but for some reason dont feel like my heart is in dieting... =(

Just felt the need to vent. Cheers for reading. <3 x

I had that last month for the entire month. For me, you just have to ride it out and wait for your head to be back in the right place again - because I never lose weight if my head doesn't want to.

Stay on plan as best you can and try and find that motivation again, once you do, take advantage of it and have some 100% weeks :)

xx

Hi Girls and Guys.

I have been doing SW for about 2 months now (not my first time with the diet) and I have lost a stone at various points.

Trouble is.

I hit a stone, I feel all proud, and then my commitment to it goes to hell.

I lost the stone in the first 4 weeks after religiously staying on green days, then I went camping and put on 7lbs in a booze fuelled BBQ haze (was worth it I thought) So I came back 100% sure I needed to lose it again, which I did, then recently everytime I get asked to go for dinner with friends/lunch with colleagues etc I just end up eating rubbish. Last night I ate FIVE doughnuts just because I fancied something.

I feel pretty down about the fact that I lose a stone, then put half back, then lose back, but never seem to get beyond the stone mark, I dont know whether I just get "Bored" with the diet, or relax a little and let the "treats" and "one off bad meals" increase.

Does anyone else feel like they are bouncing back and forth but not really getting anywhere? I seriously want to lose weight but for some reason dont feel like my heart is in dieting... =(

Just felt the need to vent. Cheers for reading. <3 x

I used to do that all the time - Id lose really well, then go on holiday, put 8, 10, 12 pounds on, spend the next few weeks getting it off, then go on holiday again... endless repeat cycle. :( Im not doing that at the moment because Im only letting myself have self-catering holidays so I plan my meals ahead but relax on as much wine I want, so its a kind of compromise.

I also limit myself to 'celebrating'/going out/eating crap to one night per week only.

Its working at the moment but I couldn't have told myself that this time last year. I agree with Stackhead, you've got to be in the right frame of mind to stick to it. Unless you *really can force yourself* to limit the amount of holidays/nights out/treats you can have its not going to happen. I dont know any way of forcing yourself to be in that frame of mind. You've got to plan ahead and stick to it - you may or may not be able to make yourself do that right now.

One stone is 6.35029318 kilos. A number with that many decimal points in it couldn't possibly be a "mental barrier"! Think metric!

Metric is for Robots and androids. Neither of which are body concious! lbs and Stone Forever!

The same thing has happened to me.

I have done Slimming World twice previous and everytime I'd hit my 1 1/2st award and then after that just lose interest and the bad eating habits would start all over again and slowly I'd start missing classes and in the end I'd just give up. I've never been able to put my finger on the exact reason why.

I'm now back at Slimming World again and determind to finish what I started this time. Third time lucky hopefully!

Good luck in your weight loss journey! I'm sure we'll all be able to crack that barrier at somepoint.

Metric is for Robots and androids. Neither of which are body concious! lbs and Stone Forever!

think of it only in lbs then so it doesnt feel like a milestone you have reached which will then cause you to fall off the wagon!

14lbs, nothing special about that ;)

might need to switch back to st and lbs for the week after though not to celebrate that big 15 lol

I think the other thing is to try not to think of this as a diet...more just a way of eating for life.
So, you lose a stone, then gain a bit back. If you get back to it asap, you will lose a little bit more and then maybe you will have another night out, or weekend away or party and yes, you may gain a bit back but get back to it and you will lose a bit more.......and so it goes on!! You will get there in the end. It's called taking the scenic route.....or two steps forward, one step backwards....or you could even call it 'having a life' lol but you WILL get there in the end. It may take a little longer but hey, if you are prepared for that, then so be it.
Some people can be 100% focused and go the direct route, others need to take the relaxed approach. However, the most important thing is, we all get where we want to be, however long it takes!
Keep plugging away, and good luck!

Back