One SW day at a time

:thankyou: silvermoon!

Ok, curry goat recipe. I am cringing at this but OMG it was so good.

500g goat meat
Lemon
1 x large onion
3 x big potatoes
Garlic
Ginger
1 x scotch bonnet
1 x red chilli
Curry powder
All purpose seasoning
2 x tbsps Coconut oil
Thyme
1 x tin chopped tomatoes

So, my goat was just meat, no bones. I cut off any obvious fat but I didn't go mad, I'd rather syn it than make something crap.
Chop the onion into half moons.
Marinade the goat and onion together with the curry powder, juice of a lemon, minced garlic and grated ginger (I haven't specified amounts - I think I used three cloves garlic, and about an inch of fresh ginger), finely chopped scotch bonnet - I used half a one - and the all purpose seasoning.
Leave overnight
Fry off the goat and onion mixture in 2 tbsp coconut oil until brown
Add the thyme and 1 x tin tomatoes, allow to bubble up a bit.
Add boiling water and put in slow cooker. You want to add enough water so that it looks really soupy.
Cook on low for about eight hours - add the potatoes about two hours before serving.

OH and the rice and peas were amazing as well. I used coconut water instead of coconut milk and it worked! The rice was sweet and delicious and hardly any Syns at all.

Friday - HOW IS IT FRIDAY? :(

WI day - 2.5lbs gone. :eek:

Hoorah!

So yesterday was completely off plan. I mean COMPLETELY!

Attachments

• image-661715998.jpg
    image-661715998.jpg
    452.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image-42192955.jpg
    image-42192955.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 58
  • image-650862853.jpg
    image-650862853.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Thanks for the recipe, the tinned toms are a surprise, I had no idea they were an ingredient

Well done for your loss! Thats amazing!

OH WOW! Your food looks so scrummy, your day sounded totally perfect! What a great way to end your week off!

Enjoy Welsh Wales!

xxx

:wavey:

Hello all!

So it's Monday - The B1tch is back haha!

Frantic morning at work - it's 2pm and I haven't even had a cup of tea yet - I go away for one week and come back to utter chaos! BOO.

So I was off plan all weekend :ashamed:and I didn't take any pictures of anything either! I'm planning a lean and speedy week now try and mitigate any damage I did but I think I've got two hopes to be honest. I definitely didn't deserve that 2.5lb olss last week either so I'm fully expecting to see that ping back on the scales on Friday.

FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!

Today isn't going too well either, I'm not off plan in the usual sense but I haven't eaten anything yet, I'm as broke as a stony thing and there's not much food in work as I cleared most of it out before I took my leave. Looks like it's going to be an Itsu Chicken Jaipur for lunch - JOY! Need to get some proper plans in place for the rest of the week as well and catch up with the MASSIVE IN TRAY OF DOOM.

Last edited:
It sounds like you had a good weekend!

It also sounds like you are in complete disarray because of it. I do find that when my food is out of control, my life tends to follow suit. How about having a bit of a plan for the next week? Knowing what you have in your cupboards and making a list of the evenings you are at home and what you can make for yourself for tea and also at lunchtimes...

I feel the same at the moment, I am really good one week, then meh the next, then terrible the next, then good the next - there is no successful pattern to my life. I need to take back control.

PLAN!

xxx
ps. whats a faggot like? I have never tried one in my life!

OMG - fabulous things (if made properly by a decent butcher) but rather like haggis and black pudding you just have to concentrate on how lovely they taste and NOT THINK about what goes into them...

:wavey:

Friday - Travelled to Wales - It was horrible, it took AGES, I felt sick and grumpy. Just awful. I ate half a Greggs corned beef pasty (blick) and then nothing until the evening where my family threw a little Halloween party for my cousin's little girl. I ate a couple of little sausage rolls and a ham sandwich I think. And some sweeties and then I collapsed in a big tired heap.

Then went to Wetherspoons for lunch where I had faggots, mushy peas, mash and onion gravy. YUM. Then went to my favourite ice cream shop and I had half a peanut butter flavoured scoop.

You don't like travelling I've noticed that before!

Oh my faggots, I've not had them for years, probably since starting SW, hmmmmmmmmmm peanut butter ice cream that is something I've tried & it is sooooooooooo yummy x

whats a faggot like? I have never tried one in my life!

They are so nice, it's like a meat dumpling, light & soft in a gravy, definitely worth trying x

OMG - fabulous things (if made properly by a decent butcher) but rather like haggis and black pudding you just have to concentrate on how lovely they taste and NOT THINK about what goes into them...

I've only ever had the Fray Bentos ones which I love, never had them from the butchers!!

It sounds like you had a good weekend!

It also sounds like you are in complete disarray because of it. I do find that when my food is out of control, my life tends to follow suit. How about having a bit of a plan for the next week? Knowing what you have in your cupboards and making a list of the evenings you are at home and what you can make for yourself for tea and also at lunchtimes...

I feel the same at the moment, I am really good one week, then meh the next, then terrible the next, then good the next - there is no successful pattern to my life. I need to take back control.

PLAN!

xxx

Yeah, I got into work at half eight this morning because I had a call while I was off last week saying that we had to do a big bunch of VAT reconciliation's (Be Still My Beating Heart) and I was SURE I had a snap pot of beans here and I know I've got bread in the freezer...but then I didn't have any beans and I dithered a bit over whether to have porridge and by the time I decided to have the fruit and yogurt I'd brought in it was 1pm. :eek: Seriously, mental here today, I haven't even opened last weeks post yet. Spent half an hour making a little plan for the week - got a boxosquash delivered this morning so I know that I can make some soup tomorrow night if it's the same crazy day tomorrow - pulled out the chicken enchilada soup for tonight so I'm sorted for that.

Faggots are LUSH. They're like a big squashy meatball and paired with creamy mash and peas are a thing of wonder.

God, I love haggis as well - :drool: (Don't think about the lungs, don't think about the lungs) It's odd really because I don't touch offal under any other circumstances. (*snigger*)

Last edited:
Hey Michelle - No, I'm not a fan of travelling at all. HATE flying with a passion (I usually cry most of the time I'm on the plane), I get nervous on a train, make a cr@ppy passenger in a car, can't stick a bus, not keen on boats....I'm a big Wuss!

I am trying pb2 for the first time!! I have it on a WW petit pain and I am beyond excited to get to work (which is a first, but given that it is food related, it's not that surprising)

Have a good day x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

sounds like you've had a manic, fun time! :D
The sooner things get back to normal, the better eh? :D

God yeah - It's lovely to be back to normal, for a few days anyway!..it's weird because I really didn't enjoy any of the stuff I ate off plan (Apart from the faggot dinner!). I'm so much happier on plan.

What a thoroughly enjoyable diary to read :)

Oh, Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the read - even though the bulk of it seems to be me doing naughty days! Hah!

I am trying pb2 for the first time!! I have it on a WW petit pain and I am beyond excited to get to work (which is a first, but given that it is food related, it's not that surprising)

Have a good day x

OMG! I hope you LOVE it. I haven't had a PB and nana sarnie for AGES - I might have one tomorrow now that you've reminded. Have a good one too. x

God yeah - It's lovely to be back to normal, for a few days anyway!..it's weird because I really didn't enjoy any of the stuff I ate off plan (Apart from the faggot dinner!). I'm so much happier on plan.

Oh, Thank you. I'm glad you enjoyed the read - even though the bulk of it seems to be me doing naughty days! Hah!

OMG! I hope you LOVE it. I haven't had a PB and nana sarnie for AGES - I might have one tomorrow now that you've reminded. Have a good one too. x

Oh man it's orgasmic!!! Trying so hard to eat it slowly and savour the flavour - not working!! Thanks for the tip - all for only two syns!!!!!

Tuesday - TUESDAY YOU SUCK.

Gah. Alarm went off this morning early for me to get out of bed and get a shower - I was NOT having that so I flipping dozed for half an hour and that always makes me tiredererer than if I'd just blooming got up - and then I had to have a horrible army wash. Wah Wah Wah!

When I got in yesterday, after the day of mania at work, I pretty much did a big old collapse into my chair and stayed there until I lumped off to bed. Clean bed linen though and new pillows - no wonder I didn't want to leave my bed this morning!

Got another busy day ahead of me today but hopefully I'll catch up and then be able to cruise on into the weekend. We're having a little Firework party tomorrow night which I'm really looking forward to.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - VAT Reconciliations - yum, my favourite. Coffee with almond milk (2)

Lunch - ITSU Chicken Jaipur noodle pot (1)

Dinner - Chicken Enchilada soup with brown rice, cheese (A) and cajun spiced "Nachos" (B-Free wrap crisped up in the oven - B). WW Apple and pear crumble yoghurt (Freee! That was a nice surprise)

Snacks - Pineapple with 2% yogurt (1)

Total syns - 4

On The Agenda - WORK (Nightmare), Home, cooking a leek, celery and potato soup for tea, lounging, bed.

Last edited:
I hate the morning alarm(s) mine go off at 10 mins intervals from 5 am lol ( have to do lots of alarms as i don't hit snooze...i hit switch off! LOL).... have to be at work at 6.15.....luckily only a 5 mins drive from home :)....could probably walk there....but ...nah :D

But time does fly, especially more so when there's lots to do!

Keep seeing 'soup' pics...must make one myself :D

Back