One SW day at a time

I hate the morning alarm(s) mine go off at 10 mins intervals from 5 am lol ( have to do lots of alarms as i don't hit snooze...i hit switch off! LOL).... have to be at work at 6.15.....luckily only a 5 mins drive from home :)....could probably walk there....but ...nah :D

But time does fly, especially more so when there's lots to do!

Keep seeing 'soup' pics...must make one myself :D

Gawd having to be here by 6:15 would finish me off completely I think! I'm not far from work either about 10 minutes in the car but there's a ginormous hill between here and home and so walking is just not practical (Or so I keep telling myself)

Get involved in the soup, girl! Especially the slow cooker ones they're so easy and you'll be surprised how filling they are.

Wednesday - Firework Night Whoop! :party0023:

Got another crazy day ahead FFS. I'm getting hacked off with all this actual work at work stuff - don't they know I've got more important things to be getting on with? :rolleyes:

Good day yesterday, 100%er food wise which is always good plus I made a FANTASTIC pudding that I am sure is about to become a firm favourite.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Asparagus omelette (1 for HP sauce), Coffee with almond milk (Half A)

Lunch - Chilli chicken rice pot (1 for Frank's Hot Sauce). OK so this was the last of the Chicken Enchilada soup and I bunged LOADS of brown rice into with some more leftover sweetcorn I had lurking about in the fridge.

Dinner - Leek, celery and potato soup

PUDDING!

Cinnamon and maple "toffee" apples with 0% Greek yogurt (B for cooked apple, 1 for sugar, 2 for maple syrup, 2 for butter) :drool: I can't tell you how good this was and a really nice way to have a B choice for a change.

Snacks - apple (apple mad yesterday!), Pineapple with 2% Greek yogurt (1)

Total Syns - 8

On The Agenda - Effing work, firework buying at lunchtime, assorting chauffeuring duties, letting off fireworks, more chauffeuring, bed!

Oooo those apples look yummy! It must be an apple week. I'm going to (attempt) to make the SW Apple Betty for group tomorrow.

Your omelette looks amazing! Mine always end up more like scrambled eggs :sigh: I think I'm just too impatient with them!

We're going to see fireworks at the weekend and out for another curry! A group of us, but I will be endevouring to be good. I am far too easily led when it comes to alcohol though.

hmmmmmmmm the apple dessert does look yummy.

Back to work who are these people who chose to continue working & not retire!! not me as soon as I can I'm off, hopefully somewhere nice & sunny with a nice warm climate...................... x

Oooo those apples look yummy! It must be an apple week. I'm going to (attempt) to make the SW Apple Betty for group tomorrow.

Your omelette looks amazing! Mine always end up more like scrambled eggs :sigh: I think I'm just too impatient with them!

We're going to see fireworks at the weekend and out for another curry! A group of us, but I will be endevouring to be good. I am far too easily led when it comes to alcohol though.

Honestly, those apples were AMAZE and so easy - I gave DS1 a slice (God, I should get an award for mothering on that basis alone) and his eyes widened and then asked if there was any for him. Ha. NOPE!

Omelettes - I am eating many tons of omelettes at the moment. They are filling, have endless tasty combinations, 1/3 superfree is easy peasy to get in there AND they're portable - what's not to love? I usually get the "filling" in the pan first - so fry off courgettes or asparagus or mushroom or whatever - beat up three eggs while the veggies cook, splash the beaten egg into the frying pan and then leave it alone for about 3-5 minutes. Whack the grill on and put the pan under it to cook and fluff up the top. Easy. I can make them in 10 minutes before leaving for work!

I am not going to comment on the booze - just have another read through this diary to see how easily I'm led (Or how easily I lead some to that!)

Here to subscribe :)

Welcome to you! Pull up a chair, a bowl and a spoon - I'm doing lots of soups this week ;)

Last edited:
Hhhm that apple looks terrific Salls - was it worth 5 syns and a HEB though? How did you do it? Oven or Microwave? Did you put all the ingredients on the chopped apple and then bake? I need to know please.

Hhhm that apple looks terrific Salls - was it worth 5 syns and a HEB though? How did you do it? Oven or Microwave? Did you put all the ingredients on the chopped apple and then bake? I need to know please.

It was worth every single syn and every single piece of toast I didn't eat :p. I've been struggling a bit to get my B's - It's a bit weird really, because my B choice is my favourite one so I sort of save it all day...and then go "Oh, cr@p! I didn't eat my B!"

So you get 375g cooked apple as a B choice which is blimming LOADS - I think I cut up one big apple and a smaller one and it was only about 250g - I'm not sure whether the apple gets heavier as it cooks as I didn't weigh it after cooking but I'll cook this again to check :giggle:.

Right so peel and core the apples (I used eating ones) and slice them into 1/8's. Warm 1 tsp butter (2) in a small frying pan over a low heat and when it starts foaming add the apple slices in one layer. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a little allspice. Cook for a couple of minutes then give the pan a shake and toss the apples about. Cook for another couple of minutes then add a drop of water, put a lid on the pan and leave to steam for another 3-5 minutes. Take off lid, shake the apples a bit again and then sprinkle with 1 tsp muscovado/brown/demerrera sugar (1). Lid back on and let steam a bit longer, probably another 5 minutes - you might need to add a little more water, just keep an eye on them to make sure they don't start to catch. Take off lid and if the apples are nice and soft then crank the heat up, add 1 tsp maple syrup and it should start bubbling a bit - toss the apples around and then they're done! Add them to cold Greek yoghurt and drizzle 2 x more tsps of maple syrup (2) over the apples and yogurt and MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH!

This sounds far more complicated than it was - I was watching something on the TV at the same time and just sort of popping into the kitchen every now and again to check nothing was burning and to give the apples a shake.

You could use Sweet Freedom/Agave syrup to drop the syrup syns down to 1.5 syns - and to be perfectly honest you could leave out the drizzle at the end which would make the whole thing just 1 x B plus 3.5 syns.

I want to try this again and this time add some sesame seeds over at the end to make it taste a bit like those apple fritters you get in Chinese restaurants. :drool:

It was worth every single syn and every single piece of toast I didn't eat :p. I've been struggling a bit to get my B's - It's a bit weird really, because my B choice is my favourite one so I sort of save it all day...and then go "Oh, cr@p! I didn't eat my B!"

So you get 375g cooked apple as a B choice which is blimming LOADS - I think I cut up one big apple and a smaller one and it was only about 250g - I'm not sure whether the apple gets heavier as it cooks as I didn't weigh it after cooking but I'll cook this again to check :giggle:.

Right so peel and core the apples (I used eating ones) and slice them into 1/8's. Warm 1 tsp butter (2) in a small frying pan over a low heat and when it starts foaming add the apple slices in one layer. Sprinkle with cinnamon and a little allspice. Cook for a couple of minutes then give the pan a shake and toss the apples about. Cook for another couple of minutes then add a drop of water, put a lid on the pan and leave to steam for another 3-5 minutes. Take off lid, shake the apples a bit again and then sprinkle with 1 tsp muscovado/brown/demerrera sugar (1). Lid back on and let steam a bit longer, probably another 5 minutes - you might need to add a little more water, just keep an eye on them to make sure they don't start to catch. Take off lid and if the apples are nice and soft then crank the heat up, add 1 tsp maple syrup and it should start bubbling a bit - toss the apples around and then they're done! Add them to cold Greek yoghurt and drizzle 2 x more tsps of maple syrup (2) over the apples and yogurt and MUNCH MUNCH MUNCH!

This sounds far more complicated than it was - I was watching something on the TV at the same time and just sort of popping into the kitchen every now and again to check nothing was burning and to give the apples a shake.

You could use Sweet Freedom/Agave syrup to drop the syrup syns down to 1.5 syns - and to be perfectly honest you could leave out the drizzle at the end which would make the whole thing just 1 x B plus 3.5 syns.

I want to try this again and this time add some sesame seeds over at the end to make it taste a bit like those apple fritters you get in Chinese restaurants. :drool:

Cor that does sounds lush. Every part of my being is screaming to tell me that 375g apples is HEB and not Superfree! But I do like to try and find out new ways to use my Bs - bread isn't always the healthiest option, whichever way you look at it, nor are the cereal bars - I mean yes they are allowed but the sugar in those bars and the crap they must use to make them taste good ... this way its the healthier and yummier version. I just need to curb my new found addiction of PB2 on toast (your fault) and save my B!

Oh my like the apple fritters, me like the pineapple fritters too! Ooh, doing this with pineapple and brown sugar and a shot of rum perhaps - now thats what I call a dessert! Would cooked pineapple be a B?

Pineapple cooked is sadly not a B option. Cooked pears and plums are though - there are a surprising amount of fruity B options that I've never even looked at before :eek:

Heres a cheeky tip to get your PB2 in without using a B option - I like it spread on slices of apple you're not only getting your super free in but it is delish as well.

PB on apple is lovely! If I haven't used my A choice, I sometimes have phili light with apple as well. Lush!

Or with a babybel. :drool: I went right off apples for a while but thinking about it, they're so versatile - I should eat them more often - and they're relatively cheap to boot.

I have loads now - slightly over purchased when planning for my Apple Betty. For some reason, my head just couldn't get around how many apples would constitute 305g.... so I got a pack of 8. Slight overkill... but they will go in my fruit salad for a bit!

I know - the weight of apples is a completely weird concept to me (I realise I sound like a complete moron) - I can never judge it with any accuracy...I'm generally quite hopeless at judging weights and distances though. I don't think I learned it properly at school so I find it all quite befuddling. I couldn't tell you how far a yard is if you held a gun to my head - so I'm hoping that never happens. ;)

Yup - I'm pretty much the same. Weights and distances are not my friends. I blame it on my general hatred of maths. I was trying to half a recipe last night and got thoroughly frustrated - all because I was trying to convert measures for wine and stock, into just stock, then half them and work out how many tablespoons of bullioun I needed! My other half was despairing of me at this point. However, the risotto was wonderful, so I must have done something right!

Thursday - Damn it all to Hell.

Beautiful crisp autumnal morning here today. First proper frost car-scraping of the year which is incredible considering it's November! Desperately need to get my winter coats sorted out now so that is the plan for tonight.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Porridge (B) with figs - hmmmm, extra watery. :eek:. Coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Leek, celery and potato soup with shredded ham hock.

Dinner - SW Chilli-con-carne, roasted squash.

Snacks - Orange and chocolate muller light - NOM. Wine (16)

Total syns - 16

On The Agenda - Work, Argument with dentist appointment at lunch time (ROB DOGS), then home, winter coat and boots sorting, Dinner cooking, bed sleeping.

Last edited:
Pineapple cooked is sadly not a B option. Cooked pears and plums are though - there are a surprising amount of fruity B options that I've never even looked at before :eek:

Heres a cheeky tip to get your PB2 in without using a B option - I like it spread on slices of apple you're not only getting your super free in but it is delish as well.

Blimey, you love an apple don't you!!!

Whats Rob Dogs?

Gorgeous pic! She is a real cutie pie!

xxxxxx

Whats Rob Dogs?

Gorgeous pic! She is a real cutie pie!

xxxxxx

ROB DOGS - like, thieves you know? Dentists and vets are generally ROB DOGS - no offence to any dentists or vets reading, other than..bloody HELL, why must you put people in the poorhouse for a FILLING that takes you half an hour? Or expect me to give you my first born child to pay for an antibiotic injection for a CAT?! :rant2:

I'm not bitter.

ROB DOGS - like, thieves you know? Dentists and vets are generally ROB DOGS - no offence to any dentists or vets reading, other than..bloody HELL, why must you put people in the poorhouse for a FILLING that takes you half an hour? Or expect me to give you my first born child to pay for an antibiotic injection for a CAT?! :rant2:

I'm not bitter.

Oh I see, I have never heard the term before, must be a Kent thing - the Essex way would be to call them "f_cking theiving scumbags"

I love that ranting emoji!

Back