One SW day at a time

Tuesday - Bleugh.

Up and out early this morning to get in the queue at the doctors for my flu jab. Got there, grabbed my ticket and was called in immediately so am now half an hour early for work. :rolleyes:. Still at least I can have a nice cup of tea here which I couldn't do in the surgery. :D

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs on toast (B) HP sauce (1), coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Tuna and cottage cheese salad

Dinner - Grilled mackerel with soy, honey and ginger (2.5) and stir fried vegetables and samphire

Snacks - 2 x satsumas, Quark with Chocolate cherry options (2.5) and cherries

Total syns - 6

On The Agenda - Work, Beloved Skirt Steak, achy arm from flu jab. ;)

Last edited:
Hi Sally, just popping in to subscribe. Your food looks lovely!

Hi Sally, just popping in to subscribe. Your food looks lovely!

Welcome Ruby! :wavey: - you look like you're doing REALLY well!

My arm was killing after my flu jab this year! But I didn't seem to feel as ill after it as I have in previous years.

It really hurts :cry:You're not meant to get poorly from it as it's an inactive vaccination, but I almost always do - the brain is a mighty strange thing.

Wednesday - Excellent.

So, I had a pretty good day yesterday all things considered.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Banana on toast (B), red grapefruit, coffee with almond milk (Half A). I know I've mashed it up and we're not meant to do that but my teeth would mash it up anyway.

Lunch - Lemon and herb salmon fillets and salad

Dinner - Skirt steak (4), jacket potato with LC light (Half A), wilted spinach and green beans. Red wine (8) :drool:

Snacks - Melon

Total syns - 12

On The Agenda - Work, arm rubbing, home, oooh - cooking crab linguine tonight which I am looking forward to - early night!

Last edited:
Welcome Ruby! :wavey: - you look like you're doing REALLY well!

It really hurts :cry:You're not meant to get poorly from it as it's an inactive vaccination, but I almost always do - the brain is a mighty strange thing.

Thanks, I could have been at target by now but delicious food and drink just gets in the way. Loving the look of your steak, I think I need to add some to the shopping list for next week.

My dad always ends up with flu even with having the flu jab but he's too chicken to take a chance and not have it. Work are trying to bully everyone into having it but I'm once again going to refuse. Hope your arm is feeling a bit better soon!

Thanks, I could have been at target by now but delicious food and drink just gets in the way. Loving the look of your steak, I think I need to add some to the shopping list for next week.

My dad always ends up with flu even with having the flu jab but he's too chicken to take a chance and not have it. Work are trying to bully everyone into having it but I'm once again going to refuse. Hope your arm is feeling a bit better soon!

I could have been at target about 2 years ago if I just stopped faffing about! That steak was pretty good but a teeny bit too rare for me - again - I always seem to cock up this cut of beef for some reason, I think because it's marbled it takes a bit longer than lean to cook and I always forget!

Your poor dad. Flu is the absolute pits - I had it a couple of years ago despite having the jab and I was shocked at just how ill it made me - couldn;t even lift my head off the pillow without wanting to be sick or pass out. God it was awful!

Banana on toast (B), red grapefruit, coffee with almond milk (Half A). I know I've mashed it up and we're not meant to do that but my teeth would mash it up anyway.

Lunch - Lemon and herb salmon fillets and salad

Lol @ the banana mashing.....TRUE! :)

that salmon looks really tasty! :)

I can't eat meat that has any sign of 'blood' in it...puts me off:rolleyes::D

Lol @ the banana mashing.....TRUE! :)

that salmon looks really tasty! :)

I can't eat meat that has any sign of 'blood' in it...puts me off:rolleyes::D

That salmon was a pre pared one out of Sainsbury's! It only had salmon, lemon zest and chives so as far as I'm concerned..free!

I like my meat like I like my men, juicy and bloody. HAHA!

Thursday - Curses!

ANOTHER early start for me today as I had to take the baby to the childminders - tomorrow is going to feel like a lie in!

WI tomorrow morning. I'm really nervous. :rolleyes:. What if I've gained another 4lbs? I've been trying not to sneaky peak but I did have a look on Monday and it was looking pretty good but what if my body just does a mad thing? And my arm is still aching from that bloody jab.

Right. Stop it. If there's no loss this week then there will be next week, so I've got to stop fretting.

So yesterday was good.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Cowboy's special ;). BBQ pulled pork (1) with baked beans. Green tea.

Lunch - Jacket potato with cottage cheese and salad

Dinner - Crab linguine (Half B for oil) with parmesan (A) and salad

Snacks - Slice of bread (4), mint ML

Total syns - 5

Last edited:
Another day of yummy food.

Another one here who loves crab. Hope weigh in goes well!

Friday - Always a pleasure, never a chore.

WI Day - 1.5 off. Just trying to get my brain to be pleased but after that gain last week I was hoping to wave buh-bye to at least 2 of it. Never mind. Next week!

Yesterday was OK, went to work, came home, cooked tea, went to bed. Oh, someone was having the most amazing firework display so I stood in the garden watching that for a while, it was gorgeous and ear splittingly loud!

Yesterday - Red

Breakfast - 2% Greek yogurt (0.5) with warm cherries and SF syrup (1.5). Coffee with almond milk (Half A) Pudding for breakfast because I forget my boiled eggs!

Lunch - Ham, beetroot and feta (A) salad

Dinner - Southwestern spiced pork tenderloin, roasted kabocha squash wedges, cavolo nero, courgette crisps (B for oil used across the dish) :drool:. Definitely will be making this again, everyone loved it, and it was ridiculously easy and quick.

PUDDING! Because it was Thursday and I'm always starving on a Thursday.

Caramel banana (1.5) with 0% greek yogurt. Again, I'm not blooming synning warming a banana up.

Snacks - Mint ML (Mad yogurt fest yesterday!). Alpen light (Half B)

Total Syns - 3.5

Total Weekly syns - 138/105 - Cannot seem to get under 130/105 lately. Humphf.

On The Agenda - Work, then off down to see my friends tonight for a meal. I've checked out the menu and it looks like chicken and salad for me (and vodka)!

Last edited:
Back