One SW day at a time

Brilliant... will be investing in some new gloves I think! It's just a nightmare, freezing outside then like a sauna on the buses (when they turn up... they seem to be allergic to snow, so there are no guarantees!) Yesterday was bad weather, plus a horrific crash and road closures. Fingers crossed, I won't be waiting in the elements for too long this evening!

I hope your journey home wasn't too awful last night? We had crazy high winds here last night - the recycling bins decided to scatter themselves across the whole garden - funtimes!

Glad you got some good sleep, must be working the bath thing :)
Dinner looks delicious!

I think I've cracked the insomnia :fingerscrossed:

What does a sleepy bath involve? My OH is having terrible trouble sleeping at the mo :-( x

I doubt if he'd want to do my routine as he might find it a bit girly but I bet you could get some MANLY sleepy stuff! I just run a hot bath at about 9 o'clock with some Neals Yard lavender-and-stuff bath milk in. Then I lounge in that for about half an hour watching the i-pad, then I use the body lotion with lavender-and- stuff in and then I use the face cream with lavender-and-stuff. Then I put nice warm pj's on and have a cup of chamomile tea - I'm on the clipper sleep easy one at the moment and it's lovely - then I get into bed, read a book and hopefully drift off. TBH, I doubt it's anything to do with the creams and lotions, I think it's probably more about the routine of a bath, PJ's, tea, bed that is working. I'm clearly like an errant toddler!

Thursday

WI day tomorrow. *bites nails*. I've been sneaky peeking all week and it's not looking too good. I managed to avoid doing it this morning though. I've been SO good that even if nothing happens tomorrow then next week I will catch up with myself. Positive Mental Attitude!

So today will be my last day on a full week of SP. I cannot wait until tomorrow when I can have some YOGURT and some CHERRIES! Oh JOY! Funny that I've craved it so much, at least it's a healthy craving!

I didn't get a sleepy bath last night but I was falling asleep in front of the TV by ten and was out as soon as my head hit the pillow so I might have knocked the problem on the head. We'll see.

Yesterday - EE SP

Breakfast - Cheesy (A) bacon (P) and mushroom (S) omelette (1 for HP sauce). Nom. Coffee with almond milk (2.5)

Lunch - Salmon and green bean salad (B for oil)

Dinner - Butternut rancheros. (B + 3.5 syns)

Snacks - Pear

Total syns - 7

Last edited:
I want a bath! I'm so fed up of just having a shower. My only requirements for when we move next year is that it's a house with stairs, room for a washing machine and a bath! Glad you seem to have got over the insomnia.

Hahaha I'm glad its working for you though!
It actually sounds right up Rob's street- he likes lavender and baths if he can take his tablet in with him. I don't think I could talk him into the tea but a hot chocolate would work. It never occurs to me to have a bath so late. I'll try him with it, thank you :) x

I think a bath at night time is all about relaxation rather than the "getting clean" morning shower. Oooh - do him some nice smelling relaxation candles as well! It's so odd how many people are having trouble sleeping - I wonder whether it's an actual bug that messes with the brain. :D

I want a bath! I'm so fed up of just having a shower. My only requirements for when we move next year is that it's a house with stairs, room for a washing machine and a bath! Glad you seem to have got over the insomnia.

I couldn't live without a bath :eek: Mind you, my shower is a hopeless dribble which is either scalding hot or freezing cold...

Me too! I don't often want a bath... but it's frustrating not being able to have one!

ooo rancheros looks amazing. Recipe please?

Butternut Rancheros | Post Punk Kitchen | Vegan Baking & Vegan Cooking - OK, so a couple of tweaks.

Charbroiled (grilled) BNS - I used a medium sized BNS and used almost all of it - I had a couple of slices which I didn't use. I did use the full 2 tbsps of olive oil but it didn't really need that much. You can definitely drop this to one tbsp or even just frylight (bleugh - the oil is better), this made two portions so half a B for this part of the recipe if you only use 1 tbsp.

The Rancheros - I used the spices as directed, 1 tbsp oil, 1 x carton of passata and 1 x tin of black beans. So this is another half a B as this also made two portions. The agave syrup at half a syn is negligable.

I thought the recipe would stretch to three portions at 1 x B choice per portion, but it really didn't - hence my B + 3.5 syns! Using my tweaks you'll easily be able to make it 1 x B choice or if you omit all the oil everywhere it would be free.

EDIT to say - it's delicious!

Last edited:
I can't believe the scales aren't going to be kind to you, your food has looked amazing this last week.

I can't believe the scales aren't going to be kind to you, your food has looked amazing this last week.

:thankyou: - seriously the SP yesterday showed half a pound off. HALF A MEASLY POUND! I will have a tantrum if that's the same tomorrow morning and then I'll get over myself. I have enjoyed trying out a different way of eating though, it's been fun.

Thank hun - it looks lush. Developed a love of rancheros type dishes when I was in Central America. Will be giving that a go! And maybe adding some eggs as well.

Edited to say... WOW I've had a look at the PPK website. Some lovely looking recipes on there.

I know - There's some really fab stuff on there - Loads of lovely noodle dishes...roll on me getting back to EE I say, and then I can stuff my face with noodles!

I've got a huevos rancheros recipe sitting in my file that I keep planning to make on a weekend morning - it's perfect for a green day as you could use a B-Free wrap as 1 x B and 1 x A portion of cheeeeese.

Mexican breakfast | Jamie Oliver | Food | Jamie Oliver (UK)

Friday :bliss:

WI Day! - :scale:. 2lbs off! Right so, I feel reasonably pleased with this but it's hardly the spectacular boost to weight loss as touted by SW. It was also pretty tough to stick to completely too (YOGURT FOR A START). I'm not too sure how I feel about SP really other than I'm glad to be getting back to EE for the next week! It might be good for a couple of days in the week if you're planning on a meal out on the weekend.

So, goodish day yesterday. Lots of people in the office testing the heating system - which meant my office hit 27.8 degrees at one point. :character00238:

No walk at lunchtime as it just wasn't possible to get out with the visitors here. Productive evening though, made up some overnight porridge and prepared some chicken yassa for marinading overnight. Watched some more Homeland (Loving it!), had a sleepy bath which didn't work so well but hey-ho, then bed. My friend cancelled his trip to me again - but I'm relieved as I'm so focussed at the moment I don't want to be drinking unnecessary syns! (Yep, that's right, I don't want booze!) I've got a big night out planned for next Saturday so this weekend will be another quiet one. Great!

Yesterday - EE SP

Breakfast - Ham and cheese toastie (A+B), slightly burnt! Grapefruit, coffee with almond milk (2.5)

Lunch - Butternut rancheros (B+ 3.5 syns)

Dinner - Tuna steak with Nanami Togarashi pepper and edamame stir fry (2 for oil)

Snacks - Handful of raspberries

Total syns - 8

Weekly syn total = 52/105

On the agenda - work, walk, home, dinner, bed. Cor - exciting times!

Last edited:
Well done on the loss! I haven't had a toastie for ages so may treat myself to one tomorrow.

Er iPad gone mad. Let's try again

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    505.4 KB · Views: 50
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    631.8 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Saturday

I hate updating this thing on my iPad - the app is utterly hopeless and the safari version is equally annoying sometimes. :mad:

First world problem right there eh? Yesterday was alright. Might well have a couple of margueritas tonight though, as I bought the tequila and Cointreau in readiness for my GBF's visit. I'll see how I'm doing syn wise by tonight.

Yesterday - Extra Easy - CARB-CITY!

Breakfast - Banana overnight porridge with raspberries (B), coffee with almond milk (2.5)

i think the pics are in the post above.

Lunch - Mexican pasta bake (A) with runner beans

Dinner - Chicken Yassa (2) with rice and sautéed cavolo nero. :drool: Lip tinglingly hot and sour, would be fantastic with big fat prawns or some white fish.

Pudding - 2% Greek yogurt (1) YAY!, with warm cherries and syrup (2).

Snacks - Half a grapefruit, a pear

Total Syns - 7.5

Last edited:
Food looks good, I love the angle you take your food pics :D I bought some harissa paste last night so will give that a whirl next week sometime!

Ha! I like a close-up...of my food. Hooray for the Harissa - I love it on Turkey breasts, and chicken and salmon and mackerel and in cous cous. ALL the ways! ;)

Well done on the loss!
We have had people at our group doing SP, only losing a pound or so....our consultant said that some people were haveing a much beeter loss in the 2nd week of doing SP?:confused:

Well done on the loss!
We have had people at our group doing SP, only losing a pound or so....our consultant said that some people were haveing a much beeter loss in the 2nd week of doing SP?:confused:

Oh man! I can't do a second week of it. :eek: A two pound loss is nothing to sniff at I know, but the way it's been trumpeted as this huge boost to weight loss just doesn't stand up for me. I do tend to have "delayed" losses though so make the next WI will be amazing. Haha!

Sunday

I had a lovely day yesterday, pottered around, did lots of cooking, had a walk down to the charity shop and grabbed myself a bargainous bag, had a margarita! Just the one because it was mega synful and one was enough to be honest :D

So not a 100%er yesterday for the first time in ages. I should be able to catch up today though so no biggie.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - French toast (B + 2 for butter, 0.5 for syrup), Greek yogurt (0.5), cherries, coffee with almon milk (half A)

image.jpg

Lunch - WW sausages (1), celeriac mash (1.5 for LC Light), steamed cavolo nero.

image.jpg

Dinner - Spicy lamb kebabs with adzhika (3.5 Syns for oil across the dish), giant wholewheat couscous with roasted vegetables and feta (Half A) salad. YU-UM. Really hot and spicy lamb, stupidly hot adzhika relish, creamy feta. A complete success and everyone loved it.

image.jpg

Low cal margarita - 16.5 Syns. :eek:

Snacks - none!

Total syns - 25.5

Plans for today include some sewing repairs, housework, some more cooking.

Back