One SW day at a time

Mmm brioche. Used to love making bread and butter pudding with the chocolate chip aldi ones.

I don't get the SP plan either, adding more refined carbs doesn't make any sense to me.

There are parts of the plan that seem really bizzare to me too! I'm enjoying it a day at a time, but don't think I'd do a whole week. I find I want more sugary stuff when I'm having an SP day - as well as being annoyed that I can't eat the fruit I love the most.

I tried to get some smoked paprika, but the powers that be who stock city centre stores, clearly don't think we need such excitement in our lives. Will have to wait until I get somewhere more cook friendly or do an online shop!

My friend said that her consultant is having an area meeting next week to give feedback as other consultants she's spoken to have group members who are seeing disappointing losses and complaints of feeling deprived. The thing is that SW has always been very much the "diet" that says you need never feel hungry - not even in the first couple of weeks. I know that my cravings were hard to manage in that week on SP (I always like to go full on with something, eh?), which is normal on a lower carb diet but not very helpful really.

I don't know why they've got to fiddle about with things - if it ain't broke, don't fix it! Red/Green/EE/Success Express has worked for thousands of people! :rolleyes:

I tried to get some smoked paprika, but the powers that be who stock city centre stores, clearly don't think we need such excitement in our lives. Will have to wait until I get somewhere more cook friendly or do an online shop!

Swartz do one and I'm using a Waitrose tub at the moment so it shouldn't be tooooo difficult to get hold of - stupid metro supermarkets!

Just brainstorming here, but the two hex's on SP days is a little confusing, if you were doing a red day you could have two hexs and that is most similar to an SP day, but you can have potatoes as a hexb on red day, I've not checked but I assume potatoes are no longer a hexb. Doh they won't be 'cause on EE they're free, ok I feel for the woman who had a 3lb gain on SP,that would be so annoying, it's a lot to gain in one week when you've been trying.

No doubt SW will make amendments as & when they think it's needed.

Yes, thinking about it on a red day hexb choices included starchy veggies, beans, lentils etc. So presumably a proportion of people would be choosing to have one of these B choices plus a bread/cereal...on SP the B choices are bread/cereal/cereal bars/etc - I can't even see Oil being a B choice in the new book's list of HEBs?!

What?

There's a few at our group not had good losses with SP too..... Although our consultant reckons she lost 5 lbs? .... And then went on to say that most people were finding the 2nd week on it a better loss? .....
Makes me wonder if maybe people aren't quite following it correctly in the first week?
Does need constant checking doing SP.
I'm not really keen myself .... And seeing I have done alright on EE..... Will stick with that ?

There's a few at our group not had good losses with SP too..... Although our consultant reckons she lost 5 lbs? .... And then went on to say that most people were finding the 2nd week on it a better loss? .....
Makes me wonder if maybe people aren't quite following it correctly in the first week?
Does need constant checking doing SP.
I'm not really keen myself .... And seeing I have done alright on EE..... Will stick with that ?

It is supposed to be a quick fix & not long term, I think people are looking at it as a long term plan and not the short term boost it's supposed to be. Maybe they are trying to have the best of both plans, SP quick boost with EE long term, who knows!!!

Two weeks of SP would send me straight into the loving arms of doughnuts.

I think part of the problem is a marketing one to be honest - the advertising/online stuff is kind of like "You'll get great weight losses and if you love it you can add a couple of days of EE in per week to keep your diet balanced, or just add a yogurt and do SP all the time" Success Express was always only meant to be followed during a stall or if you were having a flexi syn day so you could catch up with yourself.

Ah well, the plan is there, it doesn't mean it has to be followed - I'm sticking to the good old EE/Green/Reds/SE...oh Michelle do you remember the Mix2Max plan they brought out...you could have a red meal and then a green meal in the same day and then 2 A's and 2 B's. That sunk pretty much without a trace! Haha!

I'm with you there;it's the "look! We've got something shiny and new here" mentality. A lot of people in my group are continuing with what they know. I'm quite enjoying alternating EE and SP, but will need to do the same again next week to see if it's actually making a difference.

I wanted to cut down carbs a bit, but not to the extend of doing a full week. I'll probably bring green days back in at some point, but I don't really miss the extra A healthy extra anyway.

Friday!

Hooray!

WI Day - 1.5lbs off. This takes me into the 12's :bliss: so I need to get a new current goal. I'm going to go for my first stone. I'm a teeensy bit disappointed that I didn't lose 2lbs as I've been SO SO good, but the old tortoise like pace is the way I go and I accept that.

Good 100%er yesterday. I'm clearing down the freezer at the moment so there's a fair bit of munching on home made "ready meals" going on which is a bit yawnsome. I've hauled some venison steaks out for tonight's dinner though and I'm going to have some roasted Jerusalem artichokes and potatoes to go with it. Looking forward to that and to my weekend.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Banana toast, coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Leftover pork tenderloin and salad. No pic, boring as!

Dinner - Caribbean chicken curry (1) with runner beans (2 syns for pickle)

Snacks - An apple.

Total syns - 3

Weekly syns - 73/105

Last edited:
Yay - well done on your loss! Have a lovely weekend. I am so glad it's Friday; need some down time!

And a lovely weekend to you too - only 7 more hours!

Good news on the loss :) 1.5 is great but know what you mean- our bodies always seem to tease us, just shy of our aims lol. Have a great weekend x

My weight loss over the last three weeks is - 2.5lb, 2lbs, 1.5lbs - it's like one of those stupid maths quizzes we used to do at school...what's the next number in sequence! Haha.

You have a good one too Rosie!

Back