One SW day at a time

My dad's company had their Christmas meal at PSS last year and since then I've wanted to go! I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Tuesday!

:winter_brr: Snow this morning! Pretty!

Hmm, bit of an "off" day yesterday. My mum has been away for a long weekend and got home last night and wanted to talk to me so I cancelled step and just sort of - fell off the wagon a bit. I had a small glass of red wine but on the upside it was just the one - and then I had a Welsh cake and some chocolates she'd brought as well. Tut! Daft really when I'm out tonight on a flexi-syn meal. Never mind, it wasn't too dreadful but I'm a bit cross with myself.

Yesterday - Green

Breakfast - Pumpkin quinoa porridge (1) with blueberries and banana, Coffee with soya milk (A for milk in porridge as well)

Lunch - Roast dinner soup - no meat

Dinner - Sauteed jacket potato (B for oil - I am completely ignoring the fact that oil is no longer a B choice as I think it is utterly ridiculous), Bolognaise (B), cheeese (A)

Snacks - Welsh cake - (7.5), Red wine (6), peppermint creams (10.5) - er, I can't find individual ones only a bar worth so I've taken that syn value, Bread (7), butter (8)

Squeak! I'll be glad when that flipping bread is gone!

Total syns - 40 :eek:

So I'm at 87 syns so far and out tonight. SIGH. Looks like a gain this week then! Must start to focus, focus, focus as I cannot get away with it and I AM DETERMINED this time to get to target. COME ON!

I know - bread is the thing that always, always gets me. I read a thing once that said that the stuff you crave is the stuff you REALLY shouldn't be eating...I'm paraphrasing obviously - the jist was that if you crave bread you're probably a bit intolerant to it etc. It all sounds a bit Woo and not very scientific, but I do wonder why bread is my utter downfall. I'm the same with that stupid M & S Extra thick and soft stuff, as you say it's not even that nice but my God do I enjoy stuffing it into my gob.

Oil has completely gone online for all plans on the food diaries. You can't choose it as an option. :rolleyes:. I'm ignoring it, I simply cannot see that a bloody Alpen bar is better for you than a tbsp healthy oil - and I get quite enough fibre from the acreage of vegetables I eat. *stubborn*

I don't think the little goodies you had last night will make that much difference, you didn't go overboard. Love the pic of dinner it looks delicious.

Wednesday

Well - I got you all pictures. OMG. The FOOD. The FOOD. THE COCKTAIL! Unbelievably amazing. I'm sitting at my desk eating quinoa porridge and all I really want to eat is everything I ate last night all over again. SO GOOD.

So - I had a breakfast of boiled eggs, a lunch of corn thins, cottage cheese, tomato and cucumber and some chicken tikka. I know, pretty weird! I then got into London and walked from Charing Cross to Pollen street which is about a mile...haha at me trying to make it all sound OK. I met my friends in a bar and had a double vodka and diet coke. Then onto the restaurant.

First up was a PBJ cocktail. This is without doubt the best cocktail I have ever had, sweet and salty and peanut buttery and cherries and :drool: and SO pretty! I have already been looking on how to replicate it and it doesn't look too difficult so I will be infusing some rum with peanuts so that we can have this beauty when we go on our girls weekend to Brighton next month.

Then we had the pre starters. PRE-STARTERS! So this was goats cheese churros (OMG) with truffle and honey dip, chorizo and something I can't remember muffins, mushroom tea with a parmesan foam served in a little tea cup! olive tapenade crisps with a blob of something I also can't remember. It was all just brilliant.

For my starter I had crab, I didn't take a picture of it because..I don't know why!. Main was the venison. I am running out of superlatives!

Then for pudding I had the Granny Smith apple parfait which was beautiful. We all had a taste of each others deserts - One friend had a chocolate thing which was like SUPER chocolatey and the other had a goats milk rice pudding.

After this was petit fours. Which was a little ice cream cone with pear puree in a white chocolate shell, a little almondy/polenty cake and something else that I've forgotten because by this point we had also shared two bottles of an incredible Sancerre.

So synwise about a billion - worth every single syn.

No hangover this morning though - I think that's partly to do with the wine being so very good.

Now to clamber back onto the SW wagon and wave goodbye to any hope of a loss this week - I DON'T EVEN CARE it was so worth it!

Wow! I don't think I'd care either; some things are meant to be enjoyed. And I know I'd rather go over and have an amazing meal, than have pizza and feel bad about it!

I have cocktail envy! I might have to try and replicate too; rum is my drink of choice. I am actually now craving a cocktail... at 9.40 in the morning!?

AHAHA! No cocktails until the sun is past the yard arm! Mixologist Cocktail Tips | Monica Berg | Warehouse Blog Linky. I think you could probably use s/f cherry syrup and so then you'd only be synning the rum (and I would ignore the peanut infusion as you're not actually EATING the peanuts. Ahem)

That all looks amazing!!!!!!x

It was - I wonder how helpful it is of me to have posted all of that bearing in mind we're all meant to be losing weight!!

I have major food (and drink) envy now. Sounds like you had a brilliant time. I'll just go back to my apple now :boohoo:

... at least they were really small portions?!

But it's always after midday somewhere in the world! I might just claim I'm living in a different time zone. I don't think I'd make it through work after a couple of those, to be honest. They do look amazing though!

I'm doing a (butternut squash) mac and cheese tonight - any super ideas for an amazing cheese sauce?

I have major food (and drink) envy now. Sounds like you had a brilliant time. I'll just go back to my apple now :boohoo:

:D - think how much happier you'll be than me on WI day though. :break_diet:

... at least they were really small portions?!

But it's always after midday somewhere in the world! I might just claim I'm living in a different time zone. I don't think I'd make it through work after a couple of those, to be honest. They do look amazing though!

I'm doing a (butternut squash) mac and cheese tonight - any super ideas for an amazing cheese sauce?

I think having a drink before 12 is reserved only for airports. ;) Hmmmm - cheese sauce is a toughy I think. I tried doing a quark one and it was pretty horrible to be honest - tangy and just wrong (actually that was for a pumpkin pasta thing as well). How about Philadelphia light loosened up with some milk and then the HEXA for a strong cheddar? I don't think that would split or curdle. In all truth I would probably make a good white sauce and syn it, or how about this one? BBC - Food - Recipes : Fatless white sauce - this is only 4 syns for the flour then I would drop the milk to 250ml SS and top up with water to make the 275ml required - that's a HEXA and if you're sharing then you can calculate it as a half? Then add a couple of HEXA's worth of strong cheddar...so would work out as 2 syns plus 1.5 HEXA choice.

Ah good idea. Thank you :) I'm almost tempted to just mix cottage cheese and quark with some mustard powder. Or even half my HEXA in low low and half in cheddar... I shall decide later (I'm just excited about using my spiralizer again! hehe)
There was an article online from delicious magazine about using a spiralizer one idea was spiralizing sweet potato then in the oven covered with cinnamon for a sweet snack - may be worth a look :)

Ah good idea. Thank you :) I'm almost tempted to just mix cottage cheese and quark with some mustard powder. Or even half my HEXA in low low and half in cheddar... I shall decide later (I'm just excited about using my spiralizer again! hehe)

The best SW friendly cheese sauce I've found so far is taking half a tub of low low spread (HEA), melting in a saucepan and "watering" down with some skimmed milk for a syn or 2. It doesn't take a lot of milk to make it into a lovely sauce. If you're having a green day then you can use your other HEA for cheese on top.

Back