One SW day at a time

Thursday!

Yet another beautiful morning - oh, I hope this weather sticks around for the whole of spring and summer, wouldn't that be just fantastic?

Great day yesterday although I did manage to wear myself out a bit - I was so tired in the evening I just sort of grunted at people and gazed at the TV - still that meant I had a terrific nights sleep and woke up this morning raring to go - which resulted in another fast walk to work - and my fastest mile so far. Whoop. I'm hoping to get the walk down to a solid 30 mins by the end of next week as it'll give me a bit more wiggle time before I leave.

Heading back to pottery class tonight which I'm excited about as well.

Yesterday

Breakfast - Crunchy bran and banana, coffee with almond milk

Lunch - Chicken and avocado wrap with salad. :drool:

Dinner - Chilli and coriander prawn stir fry

Snacks - Perle de Lait mango yogurt

1,643 total calories.

18,130 steps :eek:
2549 calories burned

Weighed again today on the magic scales and gained a pound but dropped to 38.8% body fat - do I understand this? No. Do I care? No. As I went and bought a new pair of jeans yesterday in a *drum roll* SIZE 14!

WHOOP WHOOP!!!! nice one Sal, thats fantastic - don't worry about the scales, just think of the fat that's going and the clothes that are fitting you! Where is my fitbit!?! I need it to see how badly obese I really am!!!! No, I mean I want it to see the body fat thing, my scales are regularly mean to me and I would rather rely on something else other than my scales.

Your food is looking hot again too. I love your prawn stir fry, I may just steal it for tomorrow nights tea!

Glad your getting back to normal :) Your food is looking delicious as always! Well done on the size 14s too...always a good feeling to drop another size :)

Ohhh congrats on the jeans and your food, as usual, looks divine!!!! xx

WHOO! NEW JEANS! (They are quite a stretchy fabric!)

Yay for NSV's - it's all about being in size 14 jeans!

Yep - Sod the weight!

WHOOP WHOOP!!!! nice one Sal, thats fantastic - don't worry about the scales, just think of the fat that's going and the clothes that are fitting you! Where is my fitbit!?! I need it to see how badly obese I really am!!!! No, I mean I want it to see the body fat thing, my scales are regularly mean to me and I would rather rely on something else other than my scales.

Your food is looking hot again too. I love your prawn stir fry, I may just steal it for tomorrow nights tea!

You only get the body fat analysis with the Fitbit scales! And I'm not entirely convinced that they're that accurate to be honest (but all the time they're being kind I will delude myself haha!)

Glad your getting back to normal :) Your food is looking delicious as always! Well done on the size 14s too...always a good feeling to drop another size :)

Thank you - I'm not really and truly in a 14 bottom yet but it was SUCH a boost to try the 16's and find them too big. *skips about*

You can get fitbit scales too?! You have them?!? How much? And how do they measure it, or is it just guess work, like height to rate ratio bmi type crap? X

Dinner - Chilli and coriander prawn stir fry

1,643 total calories.

18,130 steps :eek:
2549 calories burned

Weighed again today on the magic scales and gained a pound but dropped to 38.8% body fat - do I understand this? No. Do I care? No. As I went and bought a new pair of jeans yesterday in a *drum roll* SIZE 14!

Dinner looks LUSH !!
Well done on the size 14's !! - great feeling for you!:)
mega steps too - is that calories burned for just the steps?

Have ordered myself a fitbit too !:D

You can get fitbit scales too?! You have them?!? How much? And how do they measure it, or is it just guess work, like height to rate ratio bmi type crap? X

Yes, Look - Fitbit® Aria- they're a bit pricey, I got them for £82 in Curry's..but I love them. I looked into how they work and found this:

"How do they work? Body fat scales use Bioelectrical Impedance Analysis (BIA). A very small, harmless electrical current passes through your body tissues, slower through fat and quicker through muscle. Resistance is what is being measured. So, actually it is not analyzing your body fat percentage so much as your body density. The scale then takes this reading and uses a formula to give you a body fat percentage reading.

Are they accurate? No. They give an estimate and studies have concluded that body fat scales do not give precise readings. Consumer Reports tested body fat scales and found them all to be inaccurate. Factors such as body type, body temperature, hydration, and recent exercise can have a noteworthy impact on the number you see on the scale. Even wet or sweaty feet can skew the results. Whether or not you get a true analysis, what you can do is use that number to gauge your progress. But you must be consistent when you weigh yourself, so do it at the same time of day, drink/eat approximately the same amount, don't do it directly after exercising, and use it in a room that is generally a stable temperature. Utilize the body fat scale as a means of tracking trends rather than focusing on what that number is or comparing that number to what you think your body fat should be."

So, yeah. :rolleyes:. Even so I can see that my BF is dropping even though my weight is remaining pretty much the same - so there's something going on which I wouldn;t be seeing if I were just using my bog standard scales...and so I'm not feeling that usual frustration at not having great big losses every week! Plus, ATM I'm weighing daily, this is weirdly taking the pressure off me for the "big weekly weigh in" thing that I struggle with psychologically.

Dinner looks LUSH !!
Well done on the size 14's !! - great feeling for you!:)
mega steps too - is that calories burned for just the steps?

Have ordered myself a fitbit too !:D

HOORAY for the fitbit ordering going on - honestly I'm just so impressed with mine and it's really, really making a difference to how much more I'm moving around which can only be a good thing! The calories are the total calories I burned during the whole day - to lose a pound a week you need around a 500 calorie deficit.

FRIDAY! ZING!

Fastest mile into work again this morning - I don't really understand how I managed that as I left home a little earlier so that I could take it a bit easier as I'm determined to hit 20,000 steps today - Anyway did my first mile in 15 minutes and 6 seconds.

Great day yesterday, got lots achieved at work, glazed my pots at pottery class and found a gorgeous pair of sandals that I desire with a fiery passion, so I ordered them!...from Clarks!!!!!!! OMG, what with the crocheting I think I have crossed the Rubicon into Middle Age Proper. I LURVE them though.

big-flat.jpg

So I'm away to Brighton tomorrow and I'm excited...I WILL be partaking of some fish and chips and I WON'T be worrying about anything else I might eat tomorrow. Lovely.

Yesterday

Breakfast - Seeded bagel with philadelphia light, ham and cherry tomatoes.

Lunch - Glorious Skinny Soup, San Antonio Fiesta.

Dinner - SW bolognaise with Jacket potato and salad

Snacks - Yogurt, 2 x slices of bread to mop up last bits of bolognaise sauce.

Total Calories - 1,497

14,370 steps
2,446 cals burned

Your breakfast looks lovely! I'm craving bagels now! xx

You'll have to plan one in for next week!

Food looking lovely. mmm bagels... mmm fish and chips... damnit Sal! Glad you're feeling more yourself again. I LOVE those sandals! Clarks are actually doing some gorgeously lush shoes these days.

My pastel purple heels are Clarks ones and there are lookalikes popping up everywhere now!

I know! I'm loving some of the Orla Kiely ones...they look like shoes I wore as a child.

Hmmm those scales don't seem to be that accurate do they? I don't think I would spend £85 on them anyhoo.

I love love love those shoes. Sadly I am not able or allowed to wear those flat sort of shoes, if it were up to my physio, she would have me in scholl shoes!!! She told me that I mustnt wear my regular flip flops (I am a havajana fan) I must buy fitflops. Looking on their website, their flippys look ok, but their shoes are pretty darn ugly. Its bad enough that I have to wear trainers most of the time, but I would love those shoes!!!

Enjoy Brighton lovely!

xxx

Saturday!

So yesterday went a bit pear shaped and I've made the very scary decision that it's time to start looking for a new job. I'm sure it will be exciting and stuff but right now I'm just feeling rather sad and apprehensive.

Not for long though because today is Brighton day! And Monday is my birthday and I'm off back to Pollen Street Social with mum for lunch. Yippee!

Yesterday

Breakfast - Avocado, egg and cherry tomatoes.

Lunch - Nando's. Butterfly chicken, spicy rice, coleslaw.

Dinner - A packet of chicken tikka and a bottle of red wine! :eek:

Total calories - 1,973

17,073 steps - gah! Didn't hit my target.
2,800 calories burned :eek:

Have an aces weekend all.

Dunno no what the picture upload is doing here. Never mind!

Last edited:
Sunday.

OUCH OUCH OUCH!

Yesterday was one of the best days ever, EVER.

I weighed in at an amazing 174.3, I wore my new size 14 jeans and a size 14 top. One of my friends offered me a new job which is AMAZINGLY BRILLIANT. The sun shone, I ate lovely food and drank lots of fab drinks, I laughed my head off, I danced and I felt the joy of being with my wonderful friends who love me. I am so blessed and if I believed in God I would be praising him for bringing me such a fantastic day!

So, it looks like things are going to change for me. I will, hopefully, be changing jobs and moving forward into a new phase of life. It's time and I'm ready. I will be working in a school closer to London on a fixed term contract which will mean I can start looking for work in London again and I'm so excited.

Yesterday

Breakfast - Eat Natural fruit and nut bar with Brazil nuts and apricots. Coffee with almond milk. Train latte.

Lunch - grilled skate with capers, CHIPS! Proud of myself with this as my pals had 'proper' fish and chips and I knew that the battered fish would make me feel rubbish so I went for the slightly healthier option!

Dinner - Wagamamas, edamame beans, beef curry (I chose brown rice to go with!)

A thousand drinks! Stuck to vodka with the exception of a couple of cocktails and some lovely red wine with my meals.

Loads of calories I gave up counting!

15, 746 steps (plus another 3 thousand from midnight onwards! Got back to our hotel at 3am!!)

Here's a pic of me and my buddy having lunch on the sea front. I'm on the right.

image-1460209068.jpg

Happy Birthday Sal!!! Its my sister's birthday today too,and Hitler's, but that's less impressive, we always joke about that to my sis because she is bossy and controlling hmmm.

It sounds like you had the most amazing weekend, the sun is most definitely shining on you right now. Good things do happen to good people.

I have a half day off with Mick and he and I are meeting up in London with my sister and her fella so I will be sure to raise a glass in your honour.

Have a wonderful day today
Xxxxx

Back