One SW day at a time

Happy Birthday Sal!!! Its my sister's birthday today too,and Hitler's, but that's less impressive, we always joke about that to my sis because she is bossy and controlling hmmm. It sounds like you had the most amazing weekend, the sun is most definitely shining on you right now. Good things do happen to good people. I have a half day off with Mick and he and I are meeting up in London with my sister and her fella so I will be sure to raise a glass in your honour. Have a wonderful day today Xxxxx

Thank you so much flower. I've had a wonderful day - amazing food again in PSS and an offer letter for my new job! The perfect day.

I've not been counting today but getting back on it tomorrow and handing in my notice....scary stuff!

Happy birthday, it does sound like you've had a wonderful day & how exciting getting the offer through so soon.

Thank you everyone for your birthday wishes!

I had an absolute smasher. I am so nervous about handing my notice in today...argh! It doesn't help that every time I've spoken to the bosses today they have been absolutely lovely to me, which believe me, makes a bloody change! I'm hoping one of them will be coming into the office at some point today as I really don't want to do it over the phone if I can at all avoid it. Grimness.

Yesterday

Breakfast - Buttered toast, coffee with almond milk

Lunch - Pollen Street Social.

PBJ Cocktail.
Smoked quail
Lamb - Here's a pic of the lamb, it was amazing.

Shared a bottle of red wine, then had a glass of dessert wine as just couldn't fit anything else in!

No dinner last night, I was shattered and still full from lunch!

Only managed 8,214 steps, burned 2,200 cals but ate God only knows how many!!

Back to it today though and I'm hoping to go and pick up my new sandals that have arrived in store in my lunch hour - will be using my birthday money to buy them too.

Wow that pollen st place looks so wonderful. I am glad you had a lovely day. I need to find a pbj cocktail!!!!! Good luck with the notice. I would be bricking it too! Xxx

Can you email your notice to them?

Looks like a lovely day yest!x

I managed to do it in person in the end. Horrible!

SO jealous of your PBJ cocktail! Glad you had a fab day

Thank you - I am determined to make some peanut flavoured run so that I can recreate them at home!

Wow that pollen st place looks so wonderful. I am glad you had a lovely day. I need to find a pbj cocktail!!!!! Good luck with the notice. I would be bricking it too! Xxx

Thanks for the good luck! It's done now. *dusts off hands*

Wednesday

Awfulness abounded yesterday after I handed in my notice. One of my bosses was very, very upset and angry and it was very difficult to work in that sort of atmosphere. The reason I'm leaving is because they've employed someone less experienced and younger than me and they're paying him more and giving him a company car - and they're shocked that I'm leaving?! He asked me if that was the reason and I said "It didn't help" and he rolled his eyes at me! It's looking a bit better this morning, I think he's accepted it and calmed down as I've spoken to him a couple of times on the phone and he has managed not to call me any names or slam the phone down...progress!

I've worked here 8 years so I do feel torn and I've found it all a bit upsetting, I've got to remember why I'm doing this and be grateful for the opportunity.

So, had a good day food and steps wise yesterday. Still haven't quite achieved my 20,000 step goal though which is starting to frustrate me a bit. I've got a good mind to go for a mega tramp about at lunchtime today and just keep walking until I hit it...hahaha! I went up to collect my shoes yesterday and the whole shopping mall was closed due to a fire alert, which was a bit annoying - so I fell back on a convenience meal for lunch.

Yesterday

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk

Lunch - BGTY Spinach and ricotta canneloni, green vegetable medley.

Dinner - Roast chicken, Jersey new potatoes in butter, green beans and broccoli

Snacks - Perle de lait coconut yogurt, Ritz crackers, small slice of birthday cake.

Total calories - 1,692

18,616 steps
2,516 calories burned

Complacency on the part of an employer... what a surprise! I think they've been feeling that way here and have had a bit of a shock recently when loads of the "lifers" (10+ years service) have just upped and left.

I have a sneaky suspicion, that if they were to offer voluntary redundancy, that there would be a lot more people going for it than they'd bargained for!

Complacency on the part of an employer... what a surprise! I think they've been feeling that way here and have had a bit of a shock recently when loads of the "lifers" (10+ years service) have just upped and left.

I have a sneaky suspicion, that if they were to offer voluntary redundancy, that there would be a lot more people going for it than they'd bargained for!

I think it's very common TBH - once you've been somewhere 5 years I think the shine is well and truly worn off!

Thursday!

Yay, hit my 20,000 step target yesterday! I was determined to do it at least once. It did mean I had to walk up and down the garden a couple of times though :p

I picked up my new shoes in my lunch hour and I LURVE them - of course, the minute I get them the weather changes so I apologise to everyone for the impending rain and coldness that is sure to follow!

Hungry day yesterday so pretty high on the calorie front but I still managed a deficit thanks to all that walking!

Yesterday

Breakfast - Crunchy bran with banana and blueberries, coffee with almond milk

Lunch - Borlotti bean and cabbage soup, M&S New York deli sandwich filler in a wholemeal wrap.

Dinner - Linguine with chicken, bacon, chilli, slow roasted tomato and red pepper. :drool:

Snacks - Muller Bliss :drool: Oh such a lovely yogurt!

Total calories - 2,042

20,107 steps :bliss:

2,586 calories burned

Heh! No, I haven't disappeared!

I just haven't been cooking much over the weekend - been having a fair old bit of convenience stuff again as I've been so stressed out and busy! And who wants to look at a bunch of bloody soup and take aways?! I haven't really been counting too accurately either and I definitely didn't do enough walking at the weekend but after a dreadfully stressful week I really did just think - ah eff it!

Um.

I did manage to drag myself into the kitchen yesterday evening after spending the entire day in some sort of Chinese Laundry Hell. Anyway I whistled up some chicken quesadilas for me and the boys. NOT very SW friendly I'm afraid, but delicious nonetheless.

I'm afraid today is going down the soup route again - at least I'm not feeling suicidal at my desk (so far) today. SIGH.

Terribly worried I've made a mistake handing in my notice and starting to feel v anxious. I KNOW logically and intellectually that I'm doing the right thing, it's just so hard to make the change - it's scary rather than exhilarating at the moment.

I'd be more worried if you weren't feeling a bit anxious; it's a big change. And I am super jealous... would give anything to have another job to go to.

Chinese Laundry hell... had me flashing back to pantomime there for some reason! Not something I am in any rush to get back to. Those days are well over (oh no they aren't; oh yes they are... just before someone thinks it's big or clever!)

Back