One SW day at a time

Hiya, just checking into to see how the 'not dying from air pollution' came along today? Hope it was successful.

and BRAVO you for having such a bloody good day yesterday. Is that the outline of a halo that I spy above your head?

Hi hun, your goody pics for the last couple of days look lush! Well done for the honking great 100% day :) xx

Sent from my Nexus 7 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Thank you! I've got some stonking food planned for next week, really looking forward to it.

Hiya, just checking into to see how the 'not dying from air pollution' came along today? Hope it was successful.

and BRAVO you for having such a bloody good day yesterday. Is that the outline of a halo that I spy above your head?

I didn't die, which is a bonus! I am polishing the halo as we speak.

FRIDAY - Oh FRIDAY how I love you - you are just so pretty and clever, I would like to marry you, Friday.

WI Day. Cor I was nervous getting on the scales this morning. Last Friday I was 180.2 and this morning I am 179.8 so almost a half a pound loss, but I'm going to call it a STS. :bliss:

Venison Stew

This was how it looked when I got home after it had been cooking on low for about 9 hours:

venison osso bucco.jpg

All the meat had fallen completely off the bone, so I just sort of shredded it through the sauce a bit. Before I did that though I skimmed most of the fat off and then blotted the rest with some kitchen roll. It was fattier than I expected but I'm guessing it came from the bone marrow. I had estimated the syns at 10.5 for the whole pot, which was 4 servings, but I think I'm going to up the portion syns to 5 per portion to account for the fat. Blah blah IT WAS DELICIOUS. Really, really delicious. :drool:. No, seriously, :drool:

The day looked like this:

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Baked beans on toast (B), coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Vegetable paella (2) with watercress, rocket and spinach salad. I bunged a couple of jalapeño on there for LOLZ.

lunch.jpg

Dinner - Venison osso bucco (5) with rainbow chard and trofie pasta. Pudding was a Creme caramel (5.5)

dinner.jpg

Snacks - Melon. Cherry muller light.

Total syns - 12.5

On the agenda for today - Success Express day today, get a few bits from Asda at lunchtime, mainly stuff for the weekend. I'm thinking some alpen lights, some pre-cut fruit, maybe a pack of cooked chicken - I've got a little cooler bag and some ice bags...so maybe even a yoghurt or two. I'm having chicken quesadilla for dinner tonight! :gimi:

Last edited:
I'm going to update my food for today as I'm on the road tomorrow and might not get a chance to do it - and it was all nom.

Success Express - ish.

Breakfast - 1 x boiled egg, melon, coffee with almond milk (half A)

image-985862163.jpg

Lunch - Venison osso bucco (5) with trofie pasta - stirred some red pepper in to try to get the super free up. It wasn't 2/3's though if I'm deadly honest.

image-2934800002.jpg

Dinner - Chicken quesadillas (made with BFree wraps 2 x B, 1.5 portions of cheddar (AA)). Salad.

Before cooking
image-754612212.jpg

After cooking
image-4235416897.jpg

Very, very good. Filling and delicious and DS2 had one and LOVED it as well. BONUS!

I've got my little bag of food ready for tomorrow and I'm just settling down for an hour with a glass of wine before having an early night.

Last edited:
Amazing food! What a little chef. How did your weekend go? Hope you had a lovely time!

Quesilladas nomnom not had these since our last trip to mexico....delish! Hope you have a good safe journey........ Step away from the devil fruit pastilles!!!! Lol xxx

They were really good - I'm definitely going to make them again. I've never been to Mexico but I LOVE the food - I don't think I can ever visit as I'll come back about 4 stone heavier! My nana only bought a bloody bag of the DEVILFOOD, AND a bag of jelly babies. Why must my family be so cruel? ;)

popping in to subscribe just read through your diary and had a few laughs.....plus your food looks amazing

Welcome, and thank you - it's nice to see some new faces.

Amazing food! What a little chef. How did your weekend go? Hope you had a lovely time!

Thank you! I'm really into the cooking at the moment, I go in fits and starts though so I'm just surfing the wave of good food at the moment. Weekend was exhausting!

Then felt very smasho and went back to the hotel and did God knows what, but suffice it to say that when I woke up in the morning Lee was staring at me like he's never seen me before. HA HA HA!

That made me chuckle :D

Pmsl......if ever I need cheering up on a grim Monday morning, I pop along here to see what you've been up to at the weekend! :) sooooo bloody funny nearly wet myself laughing ( its a long way up my stairs on crutches to the loo I can tell ya ;) )
Boo to nan bringing devil food....think they were put on this earth to do this to us lol xx

Hey hun,

Another fun filled weekend for you then! Sounds like it was a disappointing food weekend tho! I hate it when you try to be good and even then the food sucks! I love a good steak, but it has to be that.. a GOOD steak! So sad when you pay for a good one and get a horrible one!

That Venison looked AMAZING!

I hope OH is feeling better.

x

ps. can sympathise with the driving to Wales and back, I did a drive to Gloucestershire and back this weekend and that was bad enough!

Heh! God, I'm such a weirdo and probably the worst advertisment for SW possible - if I ever get to goal, could you imagine the story the mag would have to do on me..."I lost 2 stone in weight and most of my dignity with SW and Red Wine!"

Lee's absolutely fine ta chick.
The venison was gorgeous - I'm not sure I'd do it again because it was much fattier than I had expected, but I am totally up for buying a shank and roasting it like a leg of lamb. Hmmmm. The steak was appalling. The restaurant was a Brewers Fayre and honestly, there was next to nothing on the menu that wasn't deep fried, buttered, breadcrumbed or served with a lard sauce. It's shocking really that there aren't more healthy options available in the day and age.

That's surprising with venison, which is usually a lean meat. Oh I love me some lamb, I have lamb shanks on the shoppping list for Sunday lunch this weekend - James Martin did a lamb shank madras the other week and I am desparate to try it.

Yeah, places like that are so crap when it comes to home cooking, its all pre-packed and bought in, then deep fried or re-heated, I was the same at Frankie and Bennys the other week, I figured steak was the safest option seeing as it would be the least pre-prepared and cooked on site, but it was a really horrid cut. Those sort of places, you can only really get away with eating the salad, and they are as boring as you like - in those places a salad constitutes of lettuce and not much else. Grrrrr grumble grumble!

You like to eat out in nice joints every now and then don't you? Have you been to Hix Chophouse? Or the Hawksmoor, for steak either of these places you can't go wrong.

Yeah, I think the bone marrow was the problem to be honest - I had trimmed the shanks as well as I could but they are definitely more fatty than breast for example. Lamb shank madras sounds fantastic. Oh God.

I haven't been to either Hix or Hawksmoor - I might float that as an idea for my birthday! It falls on Easter Sunday this year though which is bladdy awkward...great for the hangover I will no doubt end up with though.

Tuesday - GROAN.

God I hate Tuesdays, they suck harder than any other day of the week. On the bright side the sun is shining, I had to do my belt up another notch this morning and I'm wearing a top today that has previously looked completely ridiculous. *small party popper*

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, baked beans (eaten straight out of the pot!), coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Nando's butterfly chicken, rice, corn on the cob (6.5) Add an extra tbsp of XXXX sauce (0.5)

lunch.jpg

Dinner - Bolognaise sauce (4) with roasted squash. I am laughing at how rubbish this photo is!

dinner.jpg

Snacks - Oh God, I dunno, I had some bread and butter and some biscuits. Stupid having biscuits in the house

Total syns - Doh.

Last edited:
Back