One SW day at a time

Friday Friday Friday FRIIIIIIIDAAAAAAY! Best of all the working weekdays.

WI day...:scale: 1.5 lbs off. WOOHOOOOOOOO! I'm so happy. The scales flickered on 179 and I thought - oh please, oh please...out of the 180's would be fab...but then they just went..180.2...180.6...180.4...179.8...180.2. I'm sure they just like to mess with my mind. Anyway, who cares? I went to Cornwall for 4 days and still managed to lose.

I AM SLIMMER - HEAR ME ROAR!

Yesterday - Success Express

Breakfast - Baked beans on toast (B). Coffee with almond milk (A)

beans.jpg

Lunch - Puy lentil, feta (A) and beetroot salad. I love this.

lunch.jpg

Dinner - Plantain and sweet potato curry, pilau seasoned cauliflower rice, "poppodom" (BFree wrap crisped in oven with cumin - B). Not too sure on curried plantain, not really a fan to be honest but the crispy BFree wrap was a revelation. So good. YUM YUM! Pudding - Quark with options (2.5) and cherries.

curry.jpg

Snacks - Special K chocolate and mint bar (4.5) - DEVIL! Melon, apple.

Total syns - 7

Last edited:
WELL DONE!! You are the perfect example of how I wished I could behave! You really did well keeping a lid on things, especially with your weekend away!

Your meals look so damn appetising and original, you keep it really fresh and exciting with all these ideas. I love it *takes a leaf out of Sallyvaters book*

Can I come and live with you for a couple of weeks please???

I am stealing the feta and beetroot and lentil salad. How do you prepare your lentils? Are the canned? Or the dried ones? Stealing the "poppadum" idea too. Hmm, how about a garlic and coriander naan made from the WW pittas next time...?
xxx

WELL DONE!! You are the perfect example of how I wished I could behave! You really did well keeping a lid on things, especially with your weekend away!

Your meals look so damn appetising and original, you keep it really fresh and exciting with all these ideas. I love it *takes a leaf out of Sallyvaters book*

Can I come and live with you for a couple of weeks please???

I am stealing the feta and beetroot and lentil salad. How do you prepare your lentils? Are the canned? Or the dried ones? Stealing the "poppadum" idea too. Hmm, how about a garlic and coriander naan made from the WW pittas next time...?
xxx

Thank you Charley! Honestly, I just have to eat loads of different sorts of stuff or I'll get bored, and that way leads to the domino effect (it begins with dominoes pizza and ends with me sobbing on the floor covered in melted cheese and Frank's red hot sauce). As to keeping a lid on things, I literally felt quite ropey after my fat blow out on the first day in Cornwall - if it hadn't been for that I think things might have gone differently.

I'll set up the spare room! No, wait we haven't got one - you'll have to go in the shed. ;).

OK, so the lentils, I used canned in this case - 1 tin gave me two large lunch portions and it's hassle free. I love the idea of a garlic and coriander naan - I'm having an Indian inspired meal this evening, I so wish I had some of those pittas to give it a bash. GAH!

You'll be alright Charley, come back to SW and all will be well...*hypnotising eyes* ;)

Thank you Charley! Honestly, I just have to eat loads of different sorts of stuff or I'll get bored, and that way leads to the domino effect (it begins with dominoes pizza and ends with me sobbing on the floor covered in melted cheese and Frank's red hot sauce). As to keeping a lid on things, I literally felt quite ropey after my fat blow out on the first day in Cornwall - if it hadn't been for that I think things might have gone differently.

I'll set up the spare room! No, wait we haven't got one - you'll have to go in the shed. ;).

OK, so the lentils, I used canned in this case - 1 tin gave me two large lunch portions and it's hassle free. I love the idea of a garlic and coriander naan - I'm having an Indian inspired meal this evening, I so wish I had some of those pittas to give it a bash. GAH!

You'll be alright Charley, come back to SW and all will be well...*hypnotising eyes* ;)

Whose Frank and why are you covered in his red hot sauce :eek: !!! Right I am getting a list of all things SW this weekend, sod the fact we are picking up our Tezza Click and Collect stuff that has come to £75 - I need more SW friendly shiz in my house, starting with B Free Wraps and canned lentils and feta and a sweet potato (have you ever had feta and cold roasted sweet potato salad? Its so nice, the sweetness of the spud with the saltiness of the feta and the sharpness of the balsamic....why did I ever leave SW??????

this is Franks:

103393.jpg

I'm addicted to it. Especially on pizza, and Dominoes do buffalo wings coated in it and I LOVE THEM.

Yes! Sweet potato and feta is amazing as is squash and feta. Basically feta chesse is brilliant, maybe I was a Greek Shepherd in a past life. It might explain the beard. Ho Ho.

Last edited:
Friday Friday Friday FRIIIIIIIDAAAAAAY! Best of all the working weekdays.

WI day...:scale: 1.5 lbs off. WOOHOOOOOOOO! I'm so happy. The scales flickered on 179 and I thought - oh please, oh please...out of the 180's would be fab...but then they just went..180.2...180.6...180.4...179.8...180.2. I'm sure they just like to mess with my mind. Anyway, who cares? I went to Cornwall for 4 days and still managed to lose.

I AM SLIMMER - HEAR ME ROAR!

So yesterday, I finally, finally managed to finish off a piece of work that's been driving me nutso which was great. I decided to make Masala Marinated Chicken for tonight so popped out to get the chicken and rice and stuff in my lunch hour. Tom ended up having a shift at work so didn't bring Jordan and BB over, but I was OK with that and it worked out pretty well because by the time I'd finished preparing the flipping chicken it was 7 O'Clock! I don't remember this recipe being quite such a faff, but bloody hell! It'll be worth it. It was my last day of Success Express and I'm rather proud of how well I managed to be honest. *buffs nails*

Got two meals out planned this week - one tomorrow night for Mother's Day and one on Monday for OH's birthday. Tomorrow is just at Cote (http://www.cote-restaurants.co.uk/Downloads/Cote Menu.pdf) so I've had a look at the menu and I'm going to try (emphasis on the word try) to go for the tuna nicoise salad. If I can't cope with the brain crushing boredom of that I might go for the sea bass but ask for it without the buerre blanc. Must try to behave as Monday night is at Pollen Street Social (A La Carte | Pollen Street Social) :eating:. I've got to be honest, I'm going to be flexi synning the $hit out of this meal! The venison is calling to me though and that doesn't look TOO bad. The last time I went to PSS I ended up giving myself terrible indigestion, what with the pork scratchings and little cakes and petit four. :drool:

ANYWAY...I'm going to stop gassing now and put my food down for yesterday.

Yesterday - Success Express

Breakfast - Baked beans on toast (B). Coffee with almond milk (A)

View attachment 131037

Lunch - Puy lentil, feta (A) and beetroot salad. I love this.

View attachment 131038

Dinner - Plantain and sweet potato curry, pilau seasoned cauliflower rice, "poppodom" (BFree wrap crisped in oven with cumin - B). Not too sure on curried plantain, not really a fan to be honest but the crispy BFree wrap was a revelation. So good. YUM YUM! Pudding - Quark with options (2.5) and cherries.

View attachment 131040

Snacks - Special K chocolate and mint bar (4.5) - DEVIL! Melon, apple.

Total syns - 7

On the agenda for today - Academic review day for Olly so off to the school in my lunch hour - JOY! Then work a bit more, off round OH's, cook tea, drink some vodka - I'm sorry, I just must! - DVD, bed. Happiness!

Wowww! Fabulous weightloss - well done, especially with a weekend away! Hope you enjoy your meals out - at least last weekend shows you you can have a nice time and not have scuppers your chances of losing. Hope the voddie went down a treat!

Saturday. Best of all the days.

OUCH!

I have quite the headache this morning. I did not manage to just have a couple of vodkas, instead I had lovely, lovely red wine.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Layered salad with tuna and cottage cheese.

Dinner - Masala marinated chicken, rice (1), Bombay potatoes (3), spinach bhaji (2), mint yoghurt dressing. :drool:

image-2465973765.jpg

image-2384118445.jpg

Snacks - pineapple, mango, RED WINE!

Total Syns - lots. Dunno. Not going to count them right now.

I am hanging on for dear life today, desperately want to eat some junk. God Dammit.

Last edited:
Don't do it! Junk may make you feel better for a few minutes but the guilt hangover might be even worse :eek:

Glad you had a lovely time and I have to say that chicken is making me :drool:

You're right, you're right! Out tonight again as well so MUST STAY FOCUSED!

The chicken was amazing I must say - I wanted to take a picture of it before I'd carved it up but by then I was already two glasses of luscious red wine in and so I forgot. God I hate drunk me! ;)

Sounds like you had a brilliant time!!. I used to play cards for pennies and twos with my Mam and Dad until the early hours - we all ended up so wrecked that we never could work out who won the coppers :D

The brandy monster has got me tonight...so tomorrow I'll provide the coffee, you provide the paracetamols ;) xxx

Lisa x

I'm so jealous! That night sounds like so much fun. Hope you had just as good an eve last night :)

Sunday! Mothers Day.

Good morning all. I'm a very naughty Sally and basically had a day off yesterday.

Food wise, I had beans on toast for breakfast, (at about 1ish) then I had some crisps, a ham and salad cream sandwich and two thorntons chocolates.

Then we went out for dinner. I had a taste of fougasse bread (god it's lovely), risotto vert (it was OK, quite bland) I only ate about half of it, and then a chocolate fondant. :drool: I only ate half of that as well, i could tell it was going to make me feel a bit sick if I ate it all. I had a kir royal and then diet cokes. It was a good night.

Back on track today, going to try and get a good long walk in this afternoon.

Last edited:
Did you find yourself a dress? If so, what's it like?

I hear ya on the crisps front lady. Seriously try those walkers pops - only 4 syns and full of crunchy, crispy goodness :)

Where have you gone for din dins? Hope your OH had/has a lovely birf!

Back