One SW day at a time

:-( I'm so sad. How can you go from love to nothing in such a short time? Breakfast - nothing Lunch - microwave curry from sainsburys, most of which went in the bin. Dinner - cherry bake well tart. One red hot chicken wing. Red wine. I'm even a failure at the plan.

It's just food. You're back here, that's a step forward, however tiny it feels.

I don't know what to say about *love*. I've been a wrinkled old spinster for 7 years now. Can't see it changing anytime soon. I'm in no position to give advice. But I'll listen, if talking, or raging, or crying will help x

Oh Sally :( I'm so sorry. Been going through exactly the same and it is just crazy how things can be so different in a matter of days.

The grief will take as long as it takes and then one day you'll be ready to take on the world and all it's sh1tty diet plans once again. Thinking of you xx

Right. Back to it.

I hope everyone is well - I expect you've all lost simply loads of weight!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs. Coffee with coconut milk (A). Melon and mango fingers.

Lunch - Tuna and cottage cheese salad

Dinner - Cajun chicken, potato wedges (B for oil), roasted acorn squash (3 for oil), steamed cavolo nero, sauted pattypan squash. Nom.

Snacks - WW coconut yogurt (1), doughnut peach.

Syns - 4

No pics today - I forgot to take one of my evening meal and that was the only interesting one really.

Last edited:
Hello Happy! Nice to see you on my diary and thank you!

So It's Wednesday. Hooray, we're marching on towards the weekend, and a bank holiday one at that. Yippee!

Yesterday - Extra Easy.

Breakfast - Baked beans and ham. Coffee with coconut milk (A)

14791112249_6372b29a95_b.jpg

Lunch - Cajun chicken and roasted squash salad.

14791041810_0a1bed1b3e_b.jpg

Dinner - Sticky salmon (B for oil + 3 for marinade), stir fry veggies, egg noodles. Wine (16 - yeah right!). No pictures, just ate it up quickly!

Snacks - Pineapple, WW coconut yogurt (1)

Syns - 20 :rolleyes:

On the agenda for today - workworkworkworkwork. Oh! Meal planning, food shopping, light cooking, early night.

Last edited:
Thursday

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast

Porridge (B) with cherry cordial (3.5 :eek: - won't be doing that again in hurry!), coffee with coconut milk (A), strawberries.

Lunch - Er, went a bit bonkers. Leftover egg noodles and a bit of leftover stir fried veggies, cajun chicken. (2 for mixed pickle)

*blink*

Dinner - Moroccan red lentil and chickpea soup. Chucked the last of the Cajun chicken in there as well to get rid of it - I think I'm all Cajun chickened out for a while. Cherries with 2% greek (0.5) and golden syrup (2.5).

Snacks - Pineapple

Total syns - 9

Last edited:
Hey hun

Welcome back, I am really pleased you and Lee have patched things up, sometimes it takes a knock to realise how much you should be together, and its great to hear you are better than ever...the same thing happened to Mick and I a couple of years ago, it was a horrendous time and tough to sort through but we are stronger than before.

I have let things slip and slide myself on the food front and so this morning I figured out a food plan which I am excited to put into place for next Monday (there is too much going on in my life before then!) I am actually kind of looking forward to getting back on track.

Well done on your first few Cajun fuelled days!

x

Friday, Friday, Friday, Friday...Bank Holiday Weekend, Bank Holiday WEEEEKEND!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs with celery salt, half a pink grapefruit (annoyingly huge amount of pith), coffee with coconut milk (A)

Lunch - Moroccan red lentil and chickpea soup with ham.

Dinner - Chicken and lemongrass skewers with spicy rice, sugar snap peas, sautéed patty-pan squash and green beans. BLEUGH! This recipe was out of the SW magazine for Jul/Aug and I absolutely HATED the chicken. Everyone else enjoyed it but it was just too lemony and salty for me, I only ate a couple of pieces before handing them over to DS2. I liked the rice though. The recipes in that magazine are SO hit and miss.

Snacks - None - that soup was filling!

Syns - er..none. That's OK, saving those bad boys up.

Last edited:
Saturday

Good day yesterday, despite the bottle of bubbles!
Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - half a pink grapefruit, nectarine. Coffee with coconut milk (A)

image-119335798.jpg

Lunch - leftover spicy rice, 5 x scan bran (B), cottage cheese, tomatoes and cucumber

image-1570209524.jpg

Dinner - Rump steak, jacket potato, rainbow salad. Bottle of bubbly, couple of vodka and diet lemonade.

image-2931726299.jpg

Snacks - none

Total Syns - blimming loads.

Last edited:
Wednesday!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Baked beans, ham and eggs. Coffee with coconut milk (A).

Lunch - Chicken tikka, chilli chicken supernoodles (I quite like them), salad, Mixed pickle (2)

Dinner - Roasted acorn squash, cous-cous, gigantes plaki (1) :drool:. Total 2% (1), meringue nest (3), pineapple and strawberries.

Snacks - Toffee ML, banana, doughnut peach.

Total syns - 7

On the agenda - Not much - work then home then bed I think.

Last edited:
Tuesday

Well, I had quite the mad weekend. On Saturday we went to Reculver and had a tramp around - what a spooky place that is, I liked it though. Had lunch in a little pub, I chose the jacket potato with cheese (shhh!) and beans - tons of cheese so I'm going to call it a green day. Lee had a steak pie and DS2 had a burger - both came with REAL CHIPS. Oh it made me grumpy so I had a glass of wine to cheer myself up. Counter-productive much? So then for my evening meal I had a boiled egg. :rolleyes:. No pictures of the food but here's a nice one of lovely Reculver Towers.

Sunday we went and met friends for lunch - I was so hungry in the morning that I caved in to The Feeder's offer of a sausage sandwich. We went out to a carvery and I just had to have a couple of roasties and well....

...Followed this up with about 10 gallons of white wine. Danced my bottom off though so that should count for something right?...right?!

Yesterday was MASSIVE HANGOVER day and we had the baby as well - which did help to take my mind off it to be honest. Lovely, lovely day with all the family at home and the rain lashing down outside. Just perfect really. Mum made lunch/dinner which consisted of a buffet of badness. I had salad and potatoes and some chicken. And a piece of quiche. and two spring rolls. But that was all I ate all day - apart from a mars bar. A MARS BAR!!

SIGH - so back to it today with a sense of relief. Got a quiet week this week and weekend so I'm planning on a good 4 days now completely on plan.

"Did you want any dinner with your mustard ma'am"

Seriously that dinner looks amazing!

I like the sound of Reculver Towers, please divulge the whereabouts and also the name of the pub - thanks!

xxx

Thursday - Hmpf, I hate Thursdays.

Yesterday was utterly run of the mill - work, home, bed...although it was made slightly interesting by DS1 nominating me for that ice bucket thing. :eek:. Cheeky beggar - haven't seen his video yet or anything so I'm holding fire. No pics of yesterday's food as it was all fairly pedestrian, and I forgot to take one of my tea.

Yesterday - Green Day

Breakfast - Weetabix (B) with coconut milk (A) and banana. Coffee.

Lunch - Roasted acorn squash with couscous and gigantes plaki (1)

Dinner - Spicy butternut squash and sweet potato soup. Bread roll (B) with cheese (A)

Snacks - Pineapple, Turkish delight ML, crisps (6.5), crispy caramel bites (8.5 - :eek:) Whoops!

Total syns - 16

On The Agenda - Work, lunchtime appointment at the beauty shop, home, dinner, bed. Cor! Talk about an exciting life eh?!

That pub looks lovely. I am trying to find a really nice pub to take Mick to for his birthday - he is a real pub fan, he has been going to one new pub a week since 2008! Sometimes its easy because we go out to different places or meet friends who live out of the way, but the City (where we both work) has pretty much been covered as has most of South West London - there are still plenty of pubs in Essex to try, but I want a real oldy worldy pub thats not too far away. The one in Herne Bay looks lovely, but it a bit of a way away for us. Mick would also love that pub because he has a fascination with the monarchy and I believe Ethelbert was one of the first kings (860 - 866)!! (yes he has turned me into a geek!). These little historical things are interesting but what more appealed to me was the cheesy jacket spud! I did look at that pub on TA and someone on there mentioned the huge amount of cheese on their potatoes!

That pub looks lovely. I am trying to find a really nice pub to take Mick to for his birthday - he is a real pub fan, he has been going to one new pub a week since 2008! Sometimes its easy because we go out to different places or meet friends who live out of the way, but the City (where we both work) has pretty much been covered as has most of South West London - there are still plenty of pubs in Essex to try, but I want a real oldy worldy pub thats not too far away. The one in Herne Bay looks lovely, but it a bit of a way away for us. Mick would also love that pub because he has a fascination with the monarchy and I believe Ethelbert was one of the first kings (860 - 866)!! (yes he has turned me into a geek!). These little historical things are interesting but what more appealed to me was the cheesy jacket spud! I did look at that pub on TA and someone on there mentioned the huge amount of cheese on their potatoes!

We're going to Dublin on 6th Sept for lunch & Bob is taking me to an award winning (best in the world I think) pub, i'll let you know how it goes, I know you think Dublin may be a long way but not too long on the plane & you can go & come back in a day (we are), and flights are cheap!!!

I wouldn't say that pub was nice enough for a birthday treat! I've been racking my brains to remember the name of my favourite pub in Essex and I just CAN'T! It was on a normal road and was just this really old place with a huge roaring fire and a lovely garden in the summer and fabulous, fabulous food..I spent many a happy Sunday afternoon in there getting gently tipsy. Argh! Why can't I remember the name of it? I'll will keep on trying to remember it for you.

I did Dublin in a day - I think the flights were about a quid - we had an utter blast!

Back