One SW day at a time

Sounds like a fab weekend :D

It was fab. :cry:. Got the holiday blues now.

Tuesday

So, I was horribly fed up yesterday, work was boring, home was scratchy. Glad it's out of the way!

Abel and Cole delivery and I got the most gorgeous rainbow chard delivered (along with some fantastic squashes)

15206946088_60013aa7d1_o.jpg

Yesterday - Success Express Krispy Krime Day

Breakfast - Scrambled egg and smoked ham on toast (B +1 for HP sauce). Coffee with coconut milk (A)

15203529710_08b384d8e9_o.jpg

Lunch - Veggie chilli with roasted squash (0.5 for splash of hot sauce)

15376233646_366cfe983a_o.jpg

Dinner - Pan fried hake fillet, rainbow chard, roasted delicta squash (B for oil)

15212527989_771183d7e4_o.jpg

Snacks - DOUGHNUT OF DOOM (16.5 SYNS! SIXTEEN AND A HALF SYNS), pineapple.

Total Syns - 18

On The Agenda - WorkPoop. Food planning. Food shopping. 100% on plan day without fail.

Last edited:
Wednesday! I like Wednesdays.

Yesterday ended up being a bit frantic at work and the day shot by. Went home did stuff. Cooked the famous mushy pea curry sauce for the first time. I'm quite impressed, it was lacking something, but I'm not quite sure what. Think I'll experiment with it a bit. That was pretty much it yesterday - nothing else to report!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 0% Greek yogurt with figs and nectarine. Coffee with coconut milk (1.5)

Lunch - Tuna and cottage cheese salad

Dinner - Chicken curry (2.5) with rice. There was some shredded carrot in there alongside the peas, not quite 1/3 veggies but I cooked some broccoli and then forgot it!

15403994625_0ac3dc5734_o.jpg

Hmm, it looks a bit as though it's already passed through someone's digestive system. :tongue:

Snacks - Ryvita wholegrain (I know these aren't a B choice anymore but that's to do with some sort of fancy recalculation so I ignore it! - B), Keryy Low-Low spread (A), pineapple.

Total syns - 4

Last edited:
Foods looks good Sal (even the Mushy Pea Curry!), Krispy Kreme's are so darn good. One of the girls who helps out at my SW class admitted that her and some work colleagues had a bet that they could eat 12 KK's in one hour! This is a girl who has lost over 5 stone at SW and is almost a consultant! She managed 9! That's amazing, that week she gained half a pound but she didn't want to share her story because there were new and young members in the class and she didn't want to look bad!

x

9!? :eek:

I don't think I could manage that (Apart from those peanut butter creme ones, I could eat 19 of them in 19 minutes I reckon)

It's a curse having him working there. :cry:At least they go off pretty quickly.

Thursday - How do I hate thee? Let me count the ways...

Got a busy day ahead of me today so I better make this snappy and get the old nose to the grindstone.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Banana porridge with figs. Coffee with almond milk (A)

15227867299_63da198322_o.jpg

Lunch - Mushy pea chicken curry (2.5) with rice

Mid afternoon snack - Ryvita wholegrain (6) with cottage cheese.

Second afternoon snack :eek: - Baked beans with smoked ham and feta (3)

Dinner - Plum, fig and blackberry fruit salad

I also had some pineapple as well.

Total syns - 11.5

On The Agenda - Work, home, cooking a poussin for the first time, exciting!, eating poussin, early night.

Last edited:
Ahhhhh I can't wait to read all this and catch up! So happy to see you and Lee are back on track :D :D

Saruk! :bananalove: How are you doing sweetheart? Must come and have a look at your diary. SO LOVELY TO SEE YOU. xx

FRIDAY! Blimey this week went quickly.

WI day - 1lb off. :scale: I was hoping for a bit more but I did eat half a pig last weekend.

Good day yesterday, busy at work so the day flew by then got home and did a bit of cooking and then a bit of eating

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Baked beans on toast (B) with feta (half A) and hot sauce (0.5)

Lunch - ITSU chicken noodle pot. Om. (1)

Dinner - Spatchcocked poussin, roasted Mediterranean vegetables (2 for oil), hasselback potatoes (2 for oil).

15235079220_329378d6ee_o.jpg

I took the skin off before I ate it. Well, what do I think of poussin? Not much really - it looks impressive but honestly? You get more meat from a chicken breast! They were on a 2 for £6 deal though so I've got another one in the freezer. I enjoyed the hasselbacks though, haven't made those in ages!

Snacks - 0% greek yogurt with figs and nectarines, pineapple.

15228006408_b954079524_o.jpg

Total syns - 5.5

Last edited:
Saturday

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs. Coffee with coconut milk (half A)

Lunch - jacket potato with tuna and sweetcorn mayo (2) and cottage cheese. Salad.

Dinner - Las Iguanas. Artichoke salad. It was pretty oil, call that my B. Sweet potato, butternut squash and chickpea chilli (3.5) with rice, warm tortilla (8). A mouthful of cheesecake. God. (20?!) ;)

Snacks - fig and nectarine fruit salad

Total syns - over 15 but not by much!

Last edited:
Ahh, I'm sorry to hear about the bad day yesterday. I can understand why going to the fish and chip shop bothered you - this whole dieting malarkey isn't easy and people have no idea how much harder it is when you're surrounded by the food you really want. You had obviously been quite excited about having mussels and then to be taken somewhere like that where you couldn't have anything - yeah, annoying. But you did fantastically well for not getting anything. I'm not sure I could have resisted.

Hope you're having a better day today in this beautiful sunshine. So jealous about Lee Evans, I bet he was hysterical! You're doing so bloody well lovely :)

Monday!

Oh but I'm in a terrific mood this morning. Hello brain? Whatever are you up to? ;). I'm not going to analyse it, I'm just going to be happy on a Monday morning for a change...although part of this great mood could be attributed to my utterly FANTASTIC Abel & Cole delivery that greeted me on my doorstep this morning.

15269157167_9ca69d128d_o.jpg

An entire box of squashes! :gimi:. There's a few in there I haven't seen before like those little dark green ones. I think I've got a kobacha which are my absolute favourite, favourite, favourite. I'm going to spend a bit of time this morning looking for some unusual recipes for these babies - I might go for a bit of a green week. Exciting.

Yesterday was another weird food day. I'm falling over on the weekends planwise (not booze wise!) but it's more that I'm not eating enough rather than over eating so I suppose that's a small step in the right direction. Had a lovely long lie in - didn't get up until 12.

Yesterday - Er. Didn't really follow any plan properly.

Breakfast - Chocolate tea, Porridge (B), banana

Lunch - Chips and grimness. It looks pretty though, and the sun shone down on us as we sat in the pub garden for probably the last time this year.

15432680096_07ce944f95_o.jpg

Dinner - A Banana, a glass of red wine.

Snacks - Nope

Total syns - Gawd knows!

On The Agenda - Busy day at work, food planning, food shopping and tonight I'm going to get my cooking hat on and kiss my squashes and hug them and look at them and be happy.

Last edited:
Tuesday - Poop.

Yesterday was great, I did indeed go home and fondle my squashes ;) and then I chose one and chopped it up without mercy. Actually I used an onion squash that I'd bought last week so my box 'o squashes remains so far untouched. Excellent day on plan, 100%er and I am DETERMINED for a full week. Did a cheeky sneaky peek this morning and it's looking good so far.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Toast (B) with PB2 (2) and chopped banana. Coffee with coconut milk (3)

15456101872_31eae7d0d0_o.jpg

Lunch - Well, I was going to have a salad but the weather was so wet and cold and grey and First Day Of Autumn I changed my mind and had noodles, chicken tikka and a pack of microwave veggies.

15434965446_23b36d7044_o.jpg

Dinner - Roasted onion squash, green lentils, cherry tomatoes, red onion, watercress, fresh beetroot and feta salad. (2 for oil)

15437655966_cc4ed3f02a_o.jpg

Snacks - Pineapple, 0% Greek yogurt with nectarine.

Total syns - 7 - GET IN!

On The Agenda - Work, I forgot to buy some essential ingredients for tonight's dinner so best I go and get that sorted at lunch time, home, cooking, eating, bed.

Last edited:
Wednesday!

I am SO IN THE GAME. I am feeling so positive. Hooray! Great food day yesterday and I'm really focussing on getting my superfree in which sometimes falls a bit by the wayside - gotta keep those plates at a 3rd (or more) superfree.

Lots of work to do today so lets get on with yesterday's food.

Yesterday - Green Day

Breakfast - Baked beans on toast (B), coffee with almond milk (Half A)

Lunch - Roasted squash and puy lentil salad with feta (B + 1)

15467931645_44904b48bd_o.jpg

Dinner - Baked pumpkin and artichoke pasta (A for parmesan + 2.5)

Whole thing - meant to serve two!! No chance, I'll be getting 3 x portions out of this.

15468227761_d0284224d4_o.jpg

My portion with steamed rainbow chard dressed in lemon juice

15284305149_c43e657473_o.jpg

It was a bit of a faff actually. I chose a squash that had the hardest skin ever so trying to peel it off after I'd cubed and roasted it was a nightmare and meant it just sort of disintegrated. I basically substituted loads from the original recipe and although it was perfectly edible I was a bit *mouth pucker* at the tanginess of the quark (supposed to be lovely creamy marscapone) and FF creme fraiche. LOADS of parmesan though so that made up for it a bit - and I bought the super fine grated stuff from Sainsbury's which come in a 60g packet (perfect for 2 x HEXA) so it felt really indulgent to be using the whole thing! Small things. :rolleyes:. Having some for lunch today and will probably end up chucking the last portion.

Snacks - Fresh pineapple with cottage cheese, Decaff coffee with almond milk (half A), green tea.

15283185890_40463513c5_o.jpg

Total syns - 3.5

On The Agenda - Work, lots of it, shopping at lunch time AGAIN, Jesu$ why can't I get my act together?!.

Last edited:
PB2 - please tell me that it is as good as the real thing? Where did you get it?

I am loving your enthusiasm and squash excitement - I never really got the whole squash thing, I tried jumping on the squash bandwagon but I was just never sure, which is a shame because you can have so many good red days on them - they are soooo good for you. I will try again.

Tell me more about what you do with yours (squashes / squashi?!) and get me revved up for them please...:)

xx

PB2 - please tell me that it is as good as the real thing? Where did you get it?

I am loving your enthusiasm and squash excitement - I never really got the whole squash thing, I tried jumping on the squash bandwagon but I was just never sure, which is a shame because you can have so many good red days on them - they are soooo good for you. I will try again.

Tell me more about what you do with yours (squashes / squashi?!) and get me revved up for them please...:)

xx

PB2 IS as good as the real thing...honest to God. It's expensive (very) but I just do what I usually do with expensive food items (and it's not sticking my fingers in my ears and going LALALALA) and consider how much I would pay for an takeaway or the fact that I would quite happily spend a tenner on a bottle of white wine.

I get mine from Amazon and I usually buy the two pack which is one plain and one chocolate jar as it weirdly works out cheaper (unless you're already buying other stuff on Amazon for more than a tenner - I dunno, it's a weird Add-On programme or summat). I'm planning on putting some in my porridge tomorrow morning with a banana. ExperiMENTAL.

Linky http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=047R79D8MGGB8TQK5CP4

SQUASHES! God, I love them. If you're going to try them again then the BEST way to have them is with a slow cooked chilli con carne and using them as a jacket potato. So, get an acorn squash (usually dark green and shaped like an acorn funnily enough - Asda had some today when I popped in and I just about managed to resist - even with that giganto boxosquash :rolleyes: ) cut it in half, scrape the seeds out, spray with spray oil (I like to use the fry light garlic one), sprinkle with salt and then put them cut side down in a roasting tray or baking tray in a pre-heated oven. Bake on gas mark 6 for about 40 minutes or until tender, brown and the skin has gone all nice and crispy (I eat the skins as well). Bundle on some chilli, dollop of greek yogurt, cheese if you have a HEX free and you're done. 1/3 of your superfree pretty much covered and they are amazing. So much better than a jacket potato IMO. They're good with a beany stew this way and fish stew and ANYTHING stew like really.

I also LOVE them just cut into wedges, drizzled with 1 tsp olive oil, cumin and chilli flakes - like a sweet, spicy chip - oh and they're nice with smoked paprika as well.

They are delicious roasted up with peppers and onions and courgettes to go into a couscous, GREAT in a curry with spinach, FABULOUS in a veggie tagine with chickpeas. They are yummy whizzed up to make hummus...and this next link is something I'm DYING to try - I need a quiet couple of hours in the kitchen to do it though: Pumpkin biryani | BBC Good Food. I like it purreed up and added to quinoa to make a breakfast thingy (Although that canned stuff is better for that TBH)

I like them in soups, I like them in salads, I like them ALL THE WAYS.

I bet you're sorry you asked now aren't you? ;)

Last edited:
Wow Sally, your food makes me salivate! Not an attractive look before 8.30 in the morning! I need to get a little more adventurous with my food I think - you're inspiring me to step into the unknown! Haha.

It's thursssdaaaaay! I seem to remember you don't like Thursdays, but it just means it's Friday tomorrow and I bloody love Fridays! Eeeeep. Hope you have a great day :) x

Wow Sally, your food makes me salivate! Not an attractive look before 8.30 in the morning! I need to get a little more adventurous with my food I think - you're inspiring me to step into the unknown! Haha.

It's thursssdaaaaay! I seem to remember you don't like Thursdays, but it just means it's Friday tomorrow and I bloody love Fridays! Eeeeep. Hope you have a great day :) x

Thank you! It's Thursday but I am a happy bunny again today - WTF? You have a good one too!

Thursday - My good mood continues. :stickdance:

Another 100%er yesterday

So yesterday's food looked like this:

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Bacon and mushroom omelette with tomato and basil, HP sauce (1), half a white grapefruit (this grapefruit was so juicy and delicious!), Coffee with almond milk (2)

15289931850_f53c072086_o.jpg

Lunch - Pumpkin pasta bake (A + 2.5), salad

15477785985_42f3d77e1d_o.jpg

Dinner - Red thai salmon and prawn curry with jasmine rice (4) Yummy!

15480365782_9553f97dae_o.jpg

Snacks - Pineapple

Whoops, didn't have a B choice :eek:

Total syns - 9.5

I totted up my weekly syns yesterday, doing a bit of guestimating for the weekend, and if I can stick to my planned foods for today I am coming in at 106 for the week. :party0048:

On The Agenda - I'm going for a red day today, I haven't had one of those for AGES. I forgot to get some steak out of the freezer for dinner tonight though, so I'm going to have to...yes, you guessed it!...go shopping again at lunchtime! *groan*. Going to get a piece of fish I think, keep everything nice and light for WI tomorrow, I'm hoping for a couple of pounds off.

Last edited:
PB2 IS as good as the real thing...honest to God. It's expensive (very) but I just do what I usually do with expensive food items (and it's not sticking my fingers in my ears and going LALALALA) and consider how much I would pay for an takeaway or the fact that I would quite happily spend a tenner on a bottle of white wine.

I get mine from Amazon and I usually buy the two pack which is one plain and one chocolate jar as it weirdly works out cheaper (unless you're already buying other stuff on Amazon for more than a tenner - I dunno, it's a weird Add-On programme or summat). I'm planning on putting some in my porridge tomorrow morning with a banana. ExperiMENTAL.

Linky http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...&pf_rd_r=047R79D8MGGB8TQK5CP4&tag=minimins-21

SQUASHES! God, I love them. If you're going to try them again then the BEST way to have them is with a slow cooked chilli con carne and using them as a jacket potato. So, get an acorn squash (usually dark green and shaped like an acorn funnily enough - Asda had some today when I popped in and I just about managed to resist - even with that giganto boxosquash :rolleyes: ) cut it in half, scrape the seeds out, spray with spray oil (I like to use the fry light garlic one), sprinkle with salt and then put them cut side down in a roasting tray or baking tray in a pre-heated oven. Bake on gas mark 6 for about 40 minutes or until tender, brown and the skin has gone all nice and crispy (I eat the skins as well). Bundle on some chilli, dollop of greek yogurt, cheese if you have a HEX free and you're done. 1/3 of your superfree pretty much covered and they are amazing. So much better than a jacket potato IMO. They're good with a beany stew this way and fish stew and ANYTHING stew like really.

I also LOVE them just cut into wedges, drizzled with 1 tsp olive oil, cumin and chilli flakes - like a sweet, spicy chip - oh and they're nice with smoked paprika as well.

They are delicious roasted up with peppers and onions and courgettes to go into a couscous, GREAT in a curry with spinach, FABULOUS in a veggie tagine with chickpeas. They are yummy whizzed up to make hummus...and this next link is something I'm DYING to try - I need a quiet couple of hours in the kitchen to do it though: Pumpkin biryani | BBC Good Food. I like it purreed up and added to quinoa to make a breakfast thingy (Although that canned stuff is better for that TBH)

I like them in soups, I like them in salads, I like them ALL THE WAYS.

I bet you're sorry you asked now aren't you? ;)

WOWEE!

Ok, you so have totes sold me on trying squash again! I will be purchasing some very soon and giving them a good go the chilli wedges sound very much up my street, which squash is best for this, or are they all good? The same with PB2. Whats the syn factor with it? Is it powder and you mix it with water? Soooo getting some!

Back