One SW day at a time

Ooooo, take a picture when you've done it to show me please! All this talk of grains/seeds inspired me to stuff my squash with giant whole grain couscous tonight and it was Delish - so thanks for that. :)

Saturday - first day of my holidays!

WI - I weighed in last night when I got in as I was a bit...errrr about waiting until today. Anyway half a pound off. I'm pleased with that it averages out to 6lb over three weeks. Ace!

Steered clear of wine last night - I KNOW! - as I was the under the impression that I'd be up and out at 7:30.

Onto the food.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Beans on toast (B), green tea

Lunch - M & S Mexican chicken(1) and salad - nothing left in the work fridge!

ImageProxy.mvc.jpeg

Dinner - Squash stuffed with giant couscous, bacon, mushroom and red pepper (half A for Parmesan + 1 for oil), Cherry tomato and roasted garlic sauce.

ImageProxy.mvc.jpeg

Snacks - Mint muller

Total syns - 2

Last edited:
Well done, every half pound counts!
i love Brighton, love looking round all the shops like the knick,knack, antique, junk shop type ones :)

still love your food pics, will you come be my personal chef? :D:p
I really need to start making some different food , rather than 'thinking' about it :)

Well done, every half pound counts! i love Brighton, love looking round all the shops like the knick,knack, antique, junk shop type ones :) still love your food pics, will you come be my personal chef? :D:p I really need to start making some different food , rather than 'thinking' about it :)

Me too - London by the sea! I've not been for ages, but today was going to be spent wandering around the uni campus rather than the lanes so I wasn't too fussed. ;)

I was thinking about some alternative lunch options for you and I think I've come up with a few ideas. I'll pop over to your diary tomorrow and see if they're any good.

Me too - London by the sea! I've not been for ages, but today was going to be spent wandering around the uni campus rather than the lanes so I wasn't too fussed. ;)

I was thinking about some alternative lunch options for you and I think I've come up with a few ideas. I'll pop over to your diary tomorrow and see if they're any good.

awww thanks :).....see.... my 'online' chef as such :D

Sunday - trying to post this entry has been a reet nightmare

OUCHY! Got a headache, too much wine last night. Boo! Only a short entry as we're off out for lunch soon, a carvery so I should be able to make good choices.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - A banana, coffee with coconut milk (Half A)

Lunch - Honey (2.5) and chilli roasted butternut squash and red onion, bulgar wheat, chargrilled chicken breast.

15599190886_0f698e8980.jpg

Dinner - Italian restaurant. A nibble of cheesy garlic bread (half A ;-)), sea bass with a spinach, fennel and cherry tomatoes. A gallon of rosé wine.

15444915248_ef49c553e8.jpg

Last edited:
Well done on your loss - 6lbs in 3 weeks, just incredible.

Shame you didn't get down to blustery Brighton (my neck of the woods) but sounds like you had a bloody good weekend anyway so who the hell cares! ;-)

Monday - HOLIDAYS!

Gorgeous autumn day out there today. So, I had a good day yesterday, almost on plannish.

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Nope - stayed in bed too late so no brekkie for me!

Lunch - Roast beef carvery. Lets call it 6 plus my B for the yorkshire pudding, roast potato and gravy - I'm pretty sure I'm over estimating that.

15640781765_a9d4e90124.jpg

Dinner - Baked salmon, asparagus and green beans, parmesan (A) roast potatoes. God these spuds are fantastic!

15454809227_8df6e44f74.jpg

Snacks - Fig and total 0% yogurt, red wine (20) Whoopsy!

Total syns - 26

Last edited:
Jealous! Glad the holidays are getting off to a good start.

I can't complain too much; I've got Thursday and Friday off this week, and Monday of next week. Don't believe in working over my birthday and seemed silly not to make a nice long weekend of it!

Do you par-boil your roasties, or just put them straight in the oven? Looking forward to hearing about your culinary creations (especially seeings as I'll probably be bored sick of squash soup by the end of the week!)

Jealous! Glad the holidays are getting off to a good start. I can't complain too much; I've got Thursday and Friday off this week, and Monday of next week. Don't believe in working over my birthday and seemed silly not to make a nice long weekend of it! Do you par-boil your roasties, or just put them straight in the oven? Looking forward to hearing about your culinary creations (especially seeings as I'll probably be bored sick of squash soup by the end of the week!)

I hate working on my birthday as well so I am with you there! I don't usually parboil my roasties but I did last night because I was a bit short on time and because I wanted to coat them in Parmesan. Honestly. You MUST try them, they were almost the prefect roastie - soft and fluffy in the middle, crispy and cheesy on the outside. You get a surprisingly large amount of fine grated Parmesan for a HEX as well.

Hmmmmmmmm tea sounds delicious, I've not had goat curry for a while x

I've never cooked it before so I'm planning on bunging it in the slow cooker with some scotch bonnets and sweet potatoes. I was reading something that said that the difference between Indian curries and Caribbean ones is the addition of star anise flavours so I'm going to give that a go.

Back