One SW day at a time

Wednesday

This week is slipping past me!

Good day yesterday - On plan and I went for a 2.5 mile walk in my lunchbreak. Cancelled my yoga class in the evening though, just didn't feel like it! Did a SP this morning - and it's looking pretty good so fingers crossed for WI on Friday morning. This weekend is my last one without any plans for a few weeks so I really need to be good and stay focussed. I'm going to start running again tomorrow as well so that will mean I can get out for a run on Saturday instead of getting up at sparrows fart to do a class.

Oh, Good NSV yesterday when someone asked me if I'd lost weight - and I wasn't even wearing black!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - Baked beans on toast (B), coffee with almond milk (A)

Lunch - Chinese chicken curry, wild rice, veggies

Dinner - Baked salmon with fennel, courgette and carrot ribbons, dill new potatoes (2 for oil across dish)

Snacks - Strawberries and nectarine with 0% yogurt, banana. Oh! Evil parmesan biscuit things x 2 (3)

Total syns - 5

I think SP is Sneaky Peek?!
Love a good NSV! I had one myself today when I dropped a pen. Tried to catch it between my legs & there's a gap :O
Your Chinese curry sounds delicious- I think I'll try it with my mum since OH prefers Indian.. X
LOL @ the NSV!....good!...and different!:D.....one i've not heard before.....will have to test it out myself now & again ....:D

Thanks for the tip about celeriac and BNS chips, they sound right up my street! How do you make them? Xx

am still getting to know the site iv tried looking for a thread about green tea! and had no luck its probs me not opening my eyes lol so il write here I have never really liked it or iv always ended up with not so nice ones but the last week I have had the cherry bakewell and lemmon witch was lovely and its ment to speed weight loss on to I had the peper mint tea that's ment to help with bloated tummys does anyone else drink these and do they help?

What's an SP? :)
good luck with the running!
And LOl @ the not wearing black !:D............good NSV though :)

Yes, Rosiepops is right - it's a sneaky peek. I try really hard not to do them as either I get all Billy Big B0llocks if I get a loss or I get all Debbie Downer if I get a gain!

I think SP is Sneaky Peek?!
Love a good NSV! I had one myself today when I dropped a pen. Tried to catch it between my legs & there's a gap :O
Your Chinese curry sounds delicious- I think I'll try it with my mum since OH prefers Indian.. X

HAHAHA! That is one amazing NSV - you should add it to that stickied thread. Give that curry a go - as I said mine was a bit bitter but I think I burned the spices a bit.

Thanks for the tip about celeriac and BNS chips, they sound right up my street! How do you make them? Xx

I see you've got a recipe for them now but the way I do it is usually in my actifry, but if you don;t have one of those then you just treat the celeriac as you would a potato - so par boil for about 5 minutes, then steam dry a bit. Onto a thin baking tray with some fry light and salt and pepper (or a spice mix which is what I prefer to do) and then bake in the oven. BNS chips - just cut into wedges or chip shapes, you can leave the skin on, fry light, bake in the oven.

am still getting to know the site iv tried looking for a thread about green tea! and had no luck its probs me not opening my eyes lol so il write here I have never really liked it or iv always ended up with not so nice ones but the last week I have had the cherry bakewell and lemmon witch was lovely and its ment to speed weight loss on to I had the peper mint tea that's ment to help with bloated tummys does anyone else drink these and do they help?

Hello! Think you might be better starting your own thread on the main board Slimming World but I am happy to give you my opinion. I drink at least 2 cups of green tea a day and I usually have a cup of chamomile or other sleepy tea infusion in the evening before bed. It does take some getting used to but I love even plain green tea nowadays - and even the super strong matcha stuff! I've just ordered some of the cherry bakewell ones from Twinings so I'm excited to try them. You might also like their caramelised apple one. I drink peppermint tea when I have an upset stomach and it's also brilliant to prevent hangovers if you drink a couple of cups before bed after a night out! There have been studies that suggest that green tea can aid weight loss but if I remember correctly you have to drink quite a bit of it! It's a good filler upper as far as I'm concerned, so I drink it when I feel a bit hungry and it fills a hole without any calories or syns.

Thursday - I can't believe it's Thursday already!

I am in a fab mood this morning - pottery tonight and I'm feeling really in the zone planwise. Got some serious meal planning to get out of the way today for next week. I'm feeling a bit stumped. I know I'm cooking a beef dinner on Sunday for Mothers Day but beyond that I haven't got any ideas. Might need to spend a bit of time trawling the web for interesting recipes.

Went to Bodypump last night and upped my weight and so I'm a bit ouchy this morning. I think I'm going to take today as a rest day and just go for a gentle walk at lunch time rather than a run - I don;t want to injure myself when I'm enjoying the exercise so much. In the past I always get right into the exercise, then get a bit madly addicted, then hurt myself so I'm trying to be a bit more sensible now that I'm older and more prone to hurting myself! BOO to that BTW!

Yesterday - Extra Easy

Breakfast - 2 x boiled eggs, Half a grapefruit, Coffee with almond milk (2.5)

Lunch - Veggie shepherds pie (A +1), green vegetables

Dinner - South Western spiced chicken breast, sweet potato, chorizo (4), courgette, pepper and onion "thing" I threw into the actifry. (Half B for oil) It was delish.

Pudding - 2% Greek yogurt (1) with pear, raspberries and choc shot (1)

Snacks - 1 x alpen light (Half B), banana, strawberries and pineapple. Fruity!

Total syns - 9.5

Hello! Think you might be better starting your own thread on the main board Slimming World but I am happy to give you my opinion. I drink at least 2 cups of green tea a day and I usually have a cup of chamomile or other sleepy tea infusion in the evening before bed. It does take some getting used to but I love even plain green tea nowadays - and even the super strong matcha stuff! I've just ordered some of the cherry bakewell ones from Twinings so I'm excited to try them. You might also like their caramelised apple one. I drink peppermint tea when I have an upset stomach and it's also brilliant to prevent hangovers if you drink a couple of cups before bed after a night out! There have been studies that suggest that green tea can aid weight loss but if I remember correctly you have to drink quite a bit of it! It's a good filler upper as far as I'm concerned, so I drink it when I feel a bit hungry and it fills a hole without any calories or syns.

ohh thanks for your tips for hangovers that's good to know il make sure am stocked up before I know am out for the weekend!:rolleyes: yer I agree with you I haven't been hungry didn't eat all my tea and that's not normal for me haha iv had a fair few cups today I am into the lemon one that seems to be my fav the cherry bakewell is nice but not much taste

If you're reading back on this in twelve months time, Sally, and you're the same weight or even heavier then I am going to punish you. Remember your old diary and how annoyed with yourself you are whenever you look at how far you had come? WELL THEN.

I am making a fresh start, which means a fresh diary, a fresh CAN DO attitude, a fresh target.

Last year (2012/2013) I lost 2 stones following the SW diet and although it was a slow process weight-wise, I could definitely feel a massive difference in my wardrobe. I had a diary here and that really, REALLY helped me to feel accountable. I cancelled my online subscription in April 2013 as I had also headed back to the gym and was sure that I could keep up the weight loss through calorie control.

I slipped in around June and it's been a pretty steep and very slippery (due to all the fat) slope into me now being close to the heaviest I have ever been. Interestingly the weight has pretty much all collected around my belly so I look completely different to how I've ever looked - and not in a good way.

The weight has really packed on since January when I gave up smoking. I have used not smoking as an excuse to pig out at every opportunity.

I AM MISERABLE. I had to buy a size 18 pair of jeans yesterday. Today I tried on a skirt that used to be far too big for me and it was skin tight and I looked like a weeble. Barely any of my clothes fit me.

I have a hectic social life - I am out every weekend but I need to find some way to factor healthy eating into this lifestyle. I also need to start exercising again as I always feel a million times better when I'm getting the old heart rate up.

I have rejoined SW online again today.

So, let me get some goals down here.

My first goal is to get under 13 Stone. I weigh myself in lbs as my scales are pretty stupid. So 12st 13lbs is equal to 181lbs. That's 9lb to lose.

I will be 100% on plan today.

I am going to take this journey one day at a time.

This post seems great! I look forward to following your journey!

Ohmigod your pear thing just looks sensational. I absolutely love pear in desserts (but get so unashamedly angry when tinned pears are used - why? just why?) and I kind of need yours in my life right now. Uh, totally drooling. Also jealous of your actifry - would you recommend it? Do you use spray oil for it? I'm not sure how it works, I just know that my friend uses it and ends up stinking of oil - like the kitchen smell waitresses/waiters/chefs get. Ever since I've worked in a kitchen I just can't bear it. Not sure if that's every actifry though or if she basically uses much more oil than she's meant to.

Hope pottery was better tonight - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was. Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in too :) xx

ohh thanks for your tips for hangovers that's good to know il make sure am stocked up before I know am out for the weekend!:rolleyes: yer I agree with you I haven't been hungry didn't eat all my tea and that's not normal for me haha iv had a fair few cups today I am into the lemon one that seems to be my fav the cherry bakewell is nice but not much taste

I am cherry bakewell crazy so I'm hoping I won;t be too disappointed! Most flavoured teas taste a bit nothingy when you first start drinking them as they're quite delicate.

I need to invest in some peppermint teas... hehehe!x

I'm talking when you;ve gone a couple over rather than a big fall-ey down night out! I never remember to drink the bloody stuff after that sort of an excursion anyway! ;)

This post seems great! I look forward to following your journey!

Thank you and welcome! Actually looking back at that first post I actually haven't gained any weight so I can leave off any punishment due!

Ohmigod your pear thing just looks sensational. I absolutely love pear in desserts (but get so unashamedly angry when tinned pears are used - why? just why?) and I kind of need yours in my life right now. Uh, totally drooling. Also jealous of your actifry - would you recommend it? Do you use spray oil for it? I'm not sure how it works, I just know that my friend uses it and ends up stinking of oil - like the kitchen smell waitresses/waiters/chefs get. Ever since I've worked in a kitchen I just can't bear it. Not sure if that's every actifry though or if she basically uses much more oil than she's meant to.

Hope pottery was better tonight - I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was. Good luck for tomorrow's weigh in too :) xx

I LOVE my actifry - I don't use it every day but usually a couple of times a week. I would recommend it. I use 1 tsp oil regardless of how many chips I'm making which is about the recommended amount so I am baffled as to why your friend smells of oil?! The actifry doesn't smell so that's a bit weird! Have yourself a pear today (with some choc shot :drool:)

How was the pottery class last night, any better?

Yes, it was ACE last night, I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Hooray!

FRIDAY :bliss:

WI DAY - 0.5lbs off. Feels like quite a lot of hard work this week for half a pound but half a pound is half a pound - annoying because my SP showed two off! Damn those SP's!

So, got up at 5:30 this morning and was so awake I decided to go to spinning at 6:45 - so it's all been a bit of a mad dash since then. It's all good though, the exercise is out of the way which frees up this evening for some slouching and TV watching. I am going to TRY and not have any wine this weekend - we'll see whether I can stick to that or not haha.

Excellent pottery class last night, I had a picture in my head of what I wanted to make and it actually turned out pretty close to that. The pots made on the first week have been fired and both of mine survived which is fab.

Yesterday - Red Day

Breakfast - Crunchy bran (B) with almond milk (A), blueberries and banana

Lunch - Chicken salad with radish sprouts.

Dinner - Pan fried sea bream fillets and courgettes (2 for oil), crushed new potatoes with dill (B), green beans and samphire. :drool:

Snacks - Pineapple

Total syns - 2

Weekly syns - 139/105 - ah that explains the 0.5 loss (ALTHOUGH NOT REALLY BECAUSE WHAT ABOUT ALL THE EXERCISE?!)

A loss is a loss! Well done. And I love the pot, so cute.

Yes, you're right. I hate half pound losses though - at least it wasn't a STS or a gain though, had quite enough of those lately!

Yep every half gone counts! :)
Pot looks cute :)
At least the class has been better for you this time :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you - the pot is actually going to be a bird feeder although I doubt if any little birds will actually want to eat out of it but you never know! My mum loves feeding the birds so she's getting this one (if it doesn't explode in the kiln). How are you doing today?

Pot looks great Sally! And well done on your loss this week:p
I do SP's all the time...naughty I know. Scales showing -3 this week but let's see what happens between now and tmrw morning!
Had a disaster with my BNS chips :( They were soggy even though I cooked them for ages. Soggy yet going black!!? Would an actifry make them crisp? We ate them but they weren't great. Haven't got celeriac yet so that's next to try.
Its great you are enjoying your pottery! I had my third yoga class this morning and now officially obsessed! I love it.
Have a great weekend whatever you do (with or without the vino!;)) xxx

Back