1. MiniMins members lost 144 Stone in January! Why not join in the conversation today?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi Guest, let me just say that you are awesome for signing up to MiniMins. Your account is now validated. Your first few posts will be moderated. This is mainly to prevent spam showing on our forum. Dont worry we will get to your post most likely within 30 minutes between 8am and 11pm. Thanks again!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

One third of the meal super free?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by westworld, 21 May 2014 Social URL.

1. westworld

westworld Well-Known Member

Wondering if on a green Day does a 3rd of the plate need to be super free the same as Extra Easy.

Thanks Andy

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

Register a free account with MiniMins and join in the conversation!
  3. i_am_plankton

i_am_plankton Well-Known Member

It's a recent recommendation that all the plans have the 1/3rd SF added in :)

4. westworld

Might be difficult with Baked Spud and Beans.

5. Theria

Theria Well-Known Member

Not if you add in some salad. Since I started this I've been amazed how many things taste great served over a bed of salad or with it on the side :)

For example - today's lunch :

IMG_0330.jpg

6. westworld

Yes true but i would still have the same amount of spud and beans with or without salad.

7. Theria

Theria Well-Known Member

The longer I've been on this plan the less true that's got for me. When I think about what a portion of pasta or potato *used* to be for me - well, it's a lot smaller now :) And not because I feel I "have to", but because I feel full on less of a portion of starchy carbs now.

I do a mix of all three plans and I lose better the more SFs I have.

8. westworld

Yes good point Theria thanks

9. westworld

So its all about controlling the portion size.

10. lentil2

lentil2 Well-Known Member

I think this must have been added for health benefits as the green and red plans have worked perfectly well for donkeys years without the superfree rule.

11. i_am_plankton

i_am_plankton Well-Known Member

I'm not so sure about that because I still eat the same sized portions as I used to at a much larger size but I guess everyone is different. SW only recommend the 1/3rd SF and appreciate that it's not practical with all meals such as jacket and beans, I'm not a salad lover so wouldn't have salad with my spud and beans :)

12. x Lulu x

x Lulu x Well-Known Member

I'm struggling with this at the min.

Dont really like salad or veg but i'm forcing myself to eat it.

Even if i was full off the veg i'd still make room for potatoes and meat... Maybe thats my problem lol x

13. AndydBurts

AndydBurts Member

I hate Salad ..Have a couple of cheeky pickled onions on the side well a good 5 or so or pickled beetroot

Saying that beans & pickled onions in same meal lol

14. Roziee

Roziee Well-Known Member

If you're having a jacket potato and beans (at home) you can sautéed some mushrooms and peppers and add it to your beans :)

free foods keep you fuller for longer but SF will aid your weight loss more. They're lower in calories naturally and fill you up.

15. Squares76

Squares76 Well-Known Member

I think the idea is you fill up on the superfree thus needing less of the free so in a way it's portion control, I too have found If I add a salad/portion of veg I eat a small portion of the free element that I would have before.

And it's surprising how nice a jacket and beans or pasta bake IS with salad - wouldn't have it any other way now, it just looks wrong on the plate on its own!

Theria likes this.
  16. rm247

rm247 Well-Known Member

1/3 superfree is a helpful guide not a stonewall rule. you may have meals that are 1/2, 2/3s or even all superfree and some meals that have no superfree at all. As logn you aim for any many meals as reasonable to be 1/3 superfree thats great. Some meals/situations don't work with the 1/3 superfree idea and it won't do any harm.