One third of the meal super free?

westworld

Wondering if on a green Day does a 3rd of the plate need to be super free the same as Extra Easy.

Thanks Andy

It's a recent recommendation that all the plans have the 1/3rd SF added in :)

Not if you add in some salad. Since I started this I've been amazed how many things taste great served over a bed of salad or with it on the side :)

For example - today's lunch :

IMG_0330.jpg

Yes true but i would still have the same amount of spud and beans with or without salad.

The longer I've been on this plan the less true that's got for me. When I think about what a portion of pasta or potato *used* to be for me - well, it's a lot smaller now :) And not because I feel I "have to", but because I feel full on less of a portion of starchy carbs now.

I do a mix of all three plans and I lose better the more SFs I have.

So its all about controlling the portion size.

I'm not so sure about that because I still eat the same sized portions as I used to at a much larger size but I guess everyone is different. SW only recommend the 1/3rd SF and appreciate that it's not practical with all meals such as jacket and beans, I'm not a salad lover so wouldn't have salad with my spud and beans :)

I'm struggling with this at the min.

Dont really like salad or veg but i'm forcing myself to eat it.

Even if i was full off the veg i'd still make room for potatoes and meat... Maybe thats my problem lol x

I hate Salad ..Have a couple of cheeky pickled onions on the side well a good 5 or so or pickled beetroot

Saying that beans & pickled onions in same meal lol

If you're having a jacket potato and beans (at home) you can sautéed some mushrooms and peppers and add it to your beans :)

free foods keep you fuller for longer but SF will aid your weight loss more. They're lower in calories naturally and fill you up.

I think the idea is you fill up on the superfree thus needing less of the free so in a way it's portion control, I too have found If I add a salad/portion of veg I eat a small portion of the free element that I would have before.

And it's surprising how nice a jacket and beans or pasta bake IS with salad - wouldn't have it any other way now, it just looks wrong on the plate on its own!

1/3 superfree is a helpful guide not a stonewall rule. you may have meals that are 1/2, 2/3s or even all superfree and some meals that have no superfree at all. As logn you aim for any many meals as reasonable to be 1/3 superfree thats great. Some meals/situations don't work with the 1/3 superfree idea and it won't do any harm.

Back