One Week Challenge

bilsat

Really likes to cook
After gaining 1lb last week and getting a round of applause from the class I must get back on plan so this week I will be publishing my weeks diary with recipes where required!

Every Breakfast is the same, Baked Beans on 2 multiseeded toast, 1 apple, 1 cup of coffee & 1 glass of Robinsons Apple cordial.
1 Hea, 1Heb & 6 syns.

All other meals also have a side salad & a selection of fruit.

Fridays Dinner, Big Breakfast........
No need for a recipe, it's what you see!

BigBreakfast-10Small.jpg

Supper, Spaghetti Carbonara......

Pete’s Spaghetti Carbonara
Serves 2

Free on Extra Easy

Ingredients

175g dried spaghetti (s)
2 rashers of smoked bacon, chopped into small pieces
2 eggs
100g Philadelphia extra light cheese spread (1Hea)
Handful of fresh chives

Method

Cook spaghetti as per packet instructions 8 mins =”Al Dente”
Cook the Bacon in a dry frying pan until done then remove and put to one side.

Break 2 eggs into a bowl and beat them together along with seasoning, chopped chives and the Philadelphia cheese.

Remove and drain the spaghetti then return to the saucepan, add the contents from the bowl and stir gently over a low heat until the eggs have set.

SpaghettiCarbonara-4Small.jpg

Treats...2 crackers with Phili cheese spread=3 syns

Saturdays Dinner, it's been cooking for 1hr now!.................

Pete’s Chilli Con Carni

Serves: 4

Ingredients

1 large onion, finely chopped (s)
1 Red onion, finely chopped (s)
1 tsp “very lazy” garlic
1 tsp “very lazy” chilli
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp paprika
1 x 397g/14oz can chopped tomatoes (s)
284ml/½ pint Knorr “Rich Beef” stock
salt and ground black pepper
2x 405g Kidney beans, drained & rinced
454g/1lb extra lean beef mince
1 Carrot, finely chopped (s)
1 Celery, finely chopped (s)
Method
Cook the mince in a frying pan on high heat to remove any remaining fat and cook until brown, remove from the pan and set to one side.
Fry the onion, carrot, celery, gently over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, until softened and golden. Return the mince to the pan.
Add the garlic, chillies and all the spices and continue frying, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes. Add the canned tomatoes, tomato puree and stock. Stir well and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 20 minutes, until the liquid is slightly reduced.
Season with salt and pepper and add drained kidney beans.Cook for a further 5 mins, making sure that the beans are hot.
Serve hot with some plain boiled rice and a salad.

ChilliConCarni-2Small.jpg

Last edited:
Here is the finished Dinner, with rice & salad.
ChilliConCarni-3Small.jpg

Saturday's Supper..............
Chicken Stir-fry

Pete’s Chicken Stir-Fry-3
Serves 2
Ingredients
150g Pre-cooked chicken pieces
1stir-fry veg pack
1x 150g pack Amoy “straight to wok” fine noodles 1.5syn

Stir-fry sauce

1Tbsp. sweetener
1Tbsp light soy sauce
1 tsp blue dragon oyster oil 1syn
1 tsp toasted sesame oil 2syn
1 spring onion, finely chopped (s)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped (s)
1 cube of ginger, finely chopped
3 Tbsp. water

Method

Spray a wok with Fry Light and cook the chicken until cooked and browned, remove from the pan, add more Fry Light and cook the veg for 5 mins, return the chicken to the pan, add the noodles and the home made stir-fry sauce, cook for another 5 mins until the noodles are cooked.

Making the Stir-fry Sauce

In a small frying pan, add the ingredients and over a low heat, cook, stirring from time to time to blend, season with salt & pepper. Cook until it thickens then add to the stir-fry after the noodles.

ChickenStir-Fry-3Small.jpg

Treats for the day=pineapple, 2 crackers with philli cheese=3 syn

Sundays Meals.....
Breakfast-Beans on 2 toast,Coffee, Robinsons Cordial & 1 Apple (4 syn=1x800g toast, spread= 2 syn) 1Hea= skimmed milk 375mL, 1Heb= 1 800g toast
7-dayBreakfastSmall.jpg

Dinner-Turkey with Roast Veg, side salad (1tbsp cranberry=1 syn, 1tbsp= vinegarette 0.5syn)
7-dayDinnerSmall.jpg

Supper-Ham salad with cheese (cheese=6.0 syn)
7-daySupperSmall.jpg

Treats-"matchmaker" (1syn)
Mondays Meals.......
Breakfast- Beans on toast with a fried egg, coffee, Robinsons cordial & 1 apple (1 toast 8oog=4 syn, spread=2 syn) 1Hea=skimmed milk 375mL, 1 Heb=1 800g toast.
7Daybreakfast-2Small.jpg

Dinner- Pork fillet, mash , veg & side salad (1 tbsp apple sauce=1 syn, vinegarette= 0.5syn)
7DayPorkMashVegSmall.jpg

Supper- Salmon with couscous & side salad (vinegarette= 0.5 syn)
7DayCouscousSmall.jpg

Tuesdays Meals................

Breakfast, same as Sundays, (6 syns)

7-dayBreakfastSmall.jpg

Dinner,Yuk Sung & to follow, fruit (2.5 syns)
Pete’s Yuk Sung

Serves 2

Ingredients

120g Brown Rice
1 vegetable stock pot
250g low Fat Pork
100g Mushrooms, finely chopped (s)
1 red pepper, finely chopped (s)
1 tbsp ginger
1 tbsp garlic
2 spring onions, finely chopped (s)
3 tbsp. dark soy sauce
2 tbsp. oyster sauce (2 syn /2= 1syn)
1 tbsp cider vinegar
Dash of sesame oil (1 syn /2=0.5 syn)
Salt & pepper
1 Washed & chilled Iceberg Lettuce (s)

Method

Weigh out 120g brown rice, wash in a sieve until the water runs clear then fill a saucepan with 400ml of cold water and add rice, bring to the boil then turn heat down and simmer for 40 mins.

Tip rice into a sieve and return to the saucepan, leave on the ring for a few minutes with a lid on to allow it to steam. Then put to one side.

Use a heavy bottomed frying pan, cook the mince until it is browned and all liquid has evaporated.

Add 1 Tbsp. of the soy sauce, and then add the veg stock pot, mix well, add cider vinegar, chopped mushrooms, peppers, ginger, garlic & spring onions & cook for 5 mins then add the rice and mix thoroughly with the remaining soy sauce. Finally add oyster sauce.

Cook until the rice is hot, place mixture into freshly washed and chilled Iceberg Lettuce and enjoy!

7DayYukSungSmall.jpg

Supper,Baked Potato with Chilli Con Carni, salad, fruit (0.5 syns)

7DayBakedPotatoChilliSmall.jpg

Treats, Option (2 syns)

Wednesdays Food....................

breakfast

7-dayBreakfastSmall.jpg

Dinner

Jambalaya

Pete’s Spicier Creole Jambalaya

Ingredients

1x 175g chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
2 tablespoons Cajun spice
1x medium onion, chopped (s)
2x garlic cloves, crushed (s)
½ tspTurmeric
1x fresh red chilli, deseeded and chopped finely (s)
1x yellow and red pepper, deseeded and chopped (s)
500ml chicken or vegetable stock
4x Sainsbury’s Spicy & Succulent mini Chorizos=80g 2 Syn each.
1x 400g can chopped tomatoes (s)
200g long grain rice
Parsley, chopped roughly
Bay leaf
lemon wedges

Method

Mix the Cajun with a small amount of water to make a paste, place the chicken breast in a small bowl and toss it to cover it with the sauce.

Spray a large frying pan with low fat cooking spray. Add the chicken and stir fry for 4 minutes.

Wash rice under cold water several times until the water runs clear, put to one side.
Stir in the onion, garlic, chilli and peppers and fry for another 4 minutes until they are slightly browned and softened.

Add the stock, chorizo, tomatoes, rice and the bay leaf, then bring it all to a boil. Turn down the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes until the rice is cooked and has absorbed all the liquid. Drizzle with the lemon juice

Serve with a salad.

7DayJambalayaSmall.jpg

7DayJambalaya-2Small.jpg

7DayJambalaya-3Small.jpg

Supper

Leek & Potato soup

Pete’s Leek and Potato Soup

Serves 2
Ingredients

1Ltr Knorr Chicken Stock (made from 1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot dissolved in boiling water)
1 small onion, peeled and finely chopped (s)
2 large leeks, finely chopped (s)
1 small potato, peeled and finely chopped
1-2 tbsp. very finely chopped chives
½ Tsp mixed herbs
Splash of Worcester Sauce

Method

Using a large saucepan, sprayed with Fry Light, add the onion, leek and potato and cook over a high heat for 10 minutes, stirring constantly so that the vegetables sweat (that is cook without colouring.)

Make up the stock with hot water. Add the stock to the sweated vegetables and bring to the boil. Cover and cook over a medium heat for 12 minutes.

Using a hand blender blitz until smooth.
Sprinkle with the chopped chives!
Served with Marmite Toast!

LeekPotatoSoup-2Large.jpg

Only one day to go!
Planned food for today is Tuna salad for dinner & another bowl of the leek & Potato soup then weigh-in!
Lets see if this week work was worth it!

Well done Pete you have certainly given me some inspiration. I look forward to seeing your results as I have no doubt the will be good.

Wow! Well done, these all look great!! x

Wednesday Meals, Last day to go!

Breakfast same as usual, 2 beans on toast.

Tuna salad, no need for a recipe, it's what you see!

7DayTunaSaladSmall.jpg

Leftover leek & potato soup!

7DayleekPotatoSoupSmall.jpg

Last edited:
Well it was worth it!

3.5lbs off, now 13st 3lbs and over 5.5st gone for good and another 1/2 stone award!

Thanks to all who have followed this thread and given me their support.:family2::family2:
Pete
p.s. I am still creating new recipes, watch this space!!

Well Done Pete what a fantastic result.

I have been following your food guide for this week so I hope to have done the same on Monday!

Delighted for you ;)

Hi Kazbryn.
Thanks for following this thread, good luck with your weigh-in, let us know how you get on!
Pete.

Well done Pete, your hard work paid off. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to the next posts

Pete’s Chilli Con Carni

454g/1lb extra lean beef mince

Loving the recipes Pete but can you tell me where you get the extra lean beef mince? Ta. ;)

Thanks for posting pics and recipes Pete and well done on the weight loss, I feel inspired :). Looking to trying out more of your recipes :D.

Back