One week down three to go! EXANTE TS

Hi

Well I'm a bit thick at IT and have only just realised how to make my own diary! I am very proud to announce I have made it to day 7 on EXANTE TS!!! Nothing but shakes soups and bars! For me this is a MASSIVE achievement! I am a serial dieter and have honestly never followed a diet for more than one day without an extra cracker here or piece of fruit there!!!

So I am over the moon! Don't get me wrong it's been hard I've nearly cried turning down food. Something I've come to realise is I don't consider it a good day if I've not had something nice to eat!
I know it sounds crazy but first of all I went for a nice walk along the beach and stopped at a cafe, because I couldn't have a tasty lunch I was grumpy and felt I hadn't enjoyed myself. Then I've been to the cinema and without having minstrels and popcorn I again felt it wasn't such an enjoyable night. Again a walk along the harbour with no fish and chips was just no fun! The list is endless I went kayaking a pined for a picnic! Went shipping with my mum and was annoyed we couldnt get lunch! Why is this?! Have I conditioned my brain that much that I can't enjoy myself without food?!

This is something I really need to address in the next few weeks! Im worried if I don't it may bite me in the arse when I finish 'dieting', any help or advice how to address this much appreciated!

Anyho essay over- it was a weeks worth of pondering after all! I can't wait to upload my weightless tomo!

Xxxxx

Woo Hoo! A diary! Well done 13. I love your first post.

The cinema is just not the same without the popcorn and icecream etc Its just "less" somehow. Shopping without "lunch" with mom? Less. Swimming twenty lengths of the pool =more. We're just gonna have to find more fun things to do without food. New things. Pity though. A picnic is such fun...

Belle

Well Belle I can announce it was all worth it weigh in today..... 11lb lost!!! I got to tick three of my goals in one week! I was thinking of going on to WS solution but with a weight loss like that I'll try and stick in another week! I'm aware my second weight loss won't be so impressive though! What did you lose in your second week?! Good luck for surviving the weekend!

Hi 13. You did well. 11lbs!! Wow. I lost 5lbs in my second week which i was really happy about. Had a bit of a mini binge last sat night so only lost 1 lb this week. But i did a lot of exercise so i probably am adding muscle. So its all good.

You do know that your diary is in the wrong place dont you. I had to search to find it. It would be better placed in the exante forum cos thats where other exante users go. Your diary is in the general forum! Hope that helps!

Belle

11lbs thats fab! well done :)

How are u doing?

Belle

So i went up to day 10 TS and lost 13lbs! On day 11 it was my mums birthday meal with all the family so i had to eat and I got off lightly with a Greek salad (which was the best thing I've ever tasted)!!

Day 12 came and I felt really bloated and hadn't been to the toilet so I had a bowl of branflakes with water! Mmmm tasty not! I then felt really sick and went to the doctor and did loads of test and she said my body wasn't reacting well to the diet (blood sugar, blood pressure all over the place)! I explained about the salad and VLCD: she said my pee still had an extremely high level of ketones so was still in ketosis! Also when I exercise I feel really really sick and light headed. Oh and the doctor told me to stop drinking fizzy water as the acid was messing with my bladder lining! :s

So I decided to go on a food break for a week. This is a bit of a slippery slop for me, I'm an all or nothing kinda person!

So I've been eating much healthier than I would normally, branflakes for breakfast, chicken veg for lunch and more meat and veg for dinner! Still no carbs but I did have one pancake. The food break hasn't even been worth it I've not eaten anything particuly tasty and I've managed to put on 5 1/2 lbs!! I hope the damage by monday isn't too bad and I'm very very determined to get back on that horse and were see what Monday brings!!!

Well, 13, your health is your priority. Thats what this diet is all about anyway. There is always the Working Solution to try so that the shakes etc dont go to waste. If you are deep deep in ketosis maybe that would be the best way to go for you.

I don't think I have ever had a greek salad. You see I would have discounted that as a "healthy" option in the past. I will add that to my "must have when I am done dieting" list.

Don't give up. Losing some weight will HELP with health issues. A little exercise will help too. I can honestly say that I feel a million times better now than I did a month ago. Sure there was pain when I started on the diet and I've had a few weak moments. But overall the experience has been a hugely positive one so far. Remember this is not a win or lose situation. Its a journey and sometimes there are obstactles and problems. But as long as you are facing the sun and heading in the right direction you are doing good - no matter the pace.

Belle

Aww thanks belle! Wise words that will keep me going! to be honest when I was on TS I dreamt of eating all these foods and while on a break they haven't been as good as I thought! So when I'm back on it I'll try and keep this in mind! X

What you up to? Are you back on the diet?

Belle

Cooooooeeeeee! Where are you?!

Hi Just checked to see if you were back. But no. Noone in. Ah well.

Take care

Belle

Back