One week in - yippee!

minxie

One day at a time!
Hello everyone, I've been a lurker here on and off for some time and finally decided to join you all:wavey:

I've been struggling on and off with a VLCD for the past couple of years and finally decided that perhaps it wasn't for me after all. So I went shopping and I've been lowcarbing all week with great results. I have weighed-in today and lost a fab 8lbs! And I feel so well too, and my clothes are looser, and I've eaten some great meals, lol. :eatdrink051:

Here's to a good week 2:)

:woohoo:Well done Minxie!
I was also lurking for the past week and have been doing low carb/atkins since Monday. I weigh in tomorrow and im hoping for a good loss to get me going. How have you found it so far?

Andi x

Hi Minxie and welcome, well done on that loss

Thanks everyone, it's lovely to hear from you all.

Andi - hope your w/i is good today....do share it with us. I have loved every minute of it, I've cooked a few great recipes and have decided not to add in any yummy things I've seen on here like mims or any Atkins product - trying to keep it pure for now with just meat, eggs, cheese, nuts (prob eat too many of these though) and veggies. I've added butter and cream to recipes and made use of lots of spices and herbs too.

And I've eaten out twice and been able to stick to plan quite easily - better than sitting at home with a milk-shake meal replacement,lol ;)

Hi Minxie

Im much the same. Im trying to keep it "normal" - more or less the same meals as my family minus the carbs. I havent got any Atkins products yet and only had my first MIM yesterday. I must admit I have "enjoyed" it so far (cant believe im saying that about a diet!:eek:). Its really early days so I have to keep at it. Cant say I have missed anything, just a few pangs for crisps (I would have had 3-4 packets a day!).
Im weighing every 2 weeks from here because I have ruined so many diets by weighing too much and im trying something different this time.

Andi x

Back