One year on Cambridge...

smb1973

Hi all, I've been on this site on/off for a while. Started Cambridge about a year ago and prob had about 7 stone to lose. The thing is I was so focused for about the first 3 months and lost 3 stone. But despite seeing my consultant still and buying products I just cannot get in the right mind set. Haven't gained any back but haven't lost anymore either. Has this happened to anyone, and what was the motivation that got you back on track? I'm so down about it. Thanks in advance, Sandra. :)

Ps my consultant is really supportive, but she can't be there 24/7.

Hiya,

The strange thing is that the closer you are to goal and the happier you are with yourself then the less motivation you feel for an extreme diet such as Cambridge. I would say, if you haven't already, give yourself a break enjoy being that three stone lighter and just eat normally. Non Cambridge food for a month. Healthy eating though of course. Then go back to Cambridge when your head is right.

Or if you've taken breaks and it's getting back on the horse that hard try taking some photographs of yourself in the buff and work out if you are still unhappy with what you see or buy an outfit you want to get into, if you have health or fitness goals find out how far away from them you are, blood pressure, cholesterol, being able to run 5k without stopping. Use what you want to achieve as a motivator. If you aren't ready to strive for what you want it's going to be hard for anybody to motivate you to do it. As you said nobody can nanny you through this diet.

Whatever you decide to do the minimins bunch will all be here to support you!

Xxx

Thank you, I think that's all very sound advice. I keep seeing my consultant as I know it at least keeps me somewhat in check! I look in the mirror and although what I see is an improvement, I am still not happy. I think you're right, the initial happiness has lasted me a while, compliments etc. But I'm not done yet. I think I should try to come on here more, it helps to speak to folks who are going through the same thing.

Thanks so much for taking the time to give a thoughtful reply! :)

Hiya, The strange thing is that the closer you are to goal and the happier you are with yourself then the less motivation you feel for an extreme diet such as Cambridge. I would say, if you haven't already, give yourself a break enjoy being that three stone lighter and just eat normally. Non Cambridge food for a month. Healthy eating though of course. Then go back to Cambridge when your head is right. Or if you've taken breaks and it's getting back on the horse that hard try taking some photographs of yourself in the buff and work out if you are still unhappy with what you see or buy an outfit you want to get into, if you have health or fitness goals find out how far away from them you are, blood pressure, cholesterol, being able to run 5k without stopping. Use what you want to achieve as a motivator. If you aren't ready to strive for what you want it's going to be hard for anybody to motivate you to do it. As you said nobody can nanny you through this diet. Whatever you decide to do the minimins bunch will all be here to support you! Xxx

Excellent advice. I'm going to come back and read this if I start to struggle. Thanks.

I think what Tiggemma has said sums it up perfectly. The problem with the Cambridge Diet is that it's really an all or nothing approach to weight loss. You really have to be 100% committed to fight through the moments of weakness. I had a really good go at the CWP in 2011 after hitting almost 17 stone after having my son, I got down to 13 stone and stopped because I felt good, realistically I was still fat at 5ft 3 but I'd reached a point where being 13 stone rather than 17 stone felt amazing. Looking at photos of when I was 13 stone now it's clear my journey wasn't over just the journey from being really uncomfortably overweight to comfortably overweight (if that makes sense)? I still hadnt got into those size 10 jeans or sexy dresses which had motivated me in those early days. Following that I had a few failed attempts where I'd buy a box and try in for a day and then remember how blinking hard it was to not eat. So, the best thing I did was take a long break, push how difficult it was to the back of my mind and find a REALLY good reason to lose the weight (wedding).

The problem is when we know what lays ahead of us we can't even bring ourselves to go through it again, the CWP is hard, really hard nobody other than your fellow CWP'ers now how hard it is (even though our loved ones try to be sympathetic..sometimes) don't beat yourself up over it, we all get into the same position and it normally takes hitting rock bottom to kick start it! Mine was Christmas, not being able to fit into any of the clothes people had bought me because I'd put on so much weight since they'd seen me last!!! I'm not saying you need to hit rock bottom, but you do need to spend sometimes really building yourself back up and motivating yourself to do it...I usually spend hours on the ipad looking at before and after photos!!

Sorry I've rambled!!!

Beth xx

Thanks for your reply. :) You too summed it up well. I felt so much better after losing 3 stone that the feel good factor lasted a while. But it's going away. I know I will gain it back if I'm not careful. But the thought of eating the products is so revolting at this point. I guess I need to figure out what to do. I know I won't be truly happy until I've lost more.

It is sooooo hard!

Thanks for your reply. :) You too summed it up well. I felt so much better after losing 3 stone that the feel good factor lasted a while. But it's going away. I know I will gain it back if I'm not careful. But the thought of eating the products is so revolting at this point. I guess I need to figure out what to do. I know I won't be truly happy until I've lost more. It is sooooo hard!

Smb, if Cambridge worked for you before would you consider perhaps doing ss for a few days to get jnto ketosis then move to step 2? A girl in my work did that and she still has good losses and an evening meal.

I would consider anything, thanks for your reply. I think I'm struggling full stop though. And even higher steps are difficult. I'll have to have a serious think this weekend and decide what to do.

Thank you for your support everyone! :)

Back