Ongoing check-up forms

Hairyfish

right so I have just gt this emailed to me.

My GP refuse to have anything to do with LL so I will have to go back to the private medic again and pay...however anyone know if any chains (lloyds, boots superdrug etc) will do the form for free?

All Lloyds pharmacies should do them for free, I have been to 3 different ones over the past 18 months and all were happy to do it for free :)

My doctors surgery has a weight management nurse, could you find out whether yours has one? They tend to be more open to LighterLife than others. Might be worth asking.

My friend had the same prob as you though and went to the pharmacy every month without any problems.

My local tesco and rowland pharmacy do them. Lloyds pharamcy can be a bit funny as they had a memo last year saying they weren't allowed to do them as it was seen as endorsing a product they don't sell.
I'm sure the people in your group or your LLC will know of somewhere that does it for free and without having to explain yourself!

i always go to lloyds and they've always been okay doing it =)

remember if you are on any medication you will have get go to your gp to get the form done

I use my local chemist. She charges me £2 each time but i dont mind as it means i dont have to see the doc

went to a local pharmacy. charged nothing. He had no idea what LL was so he just read the form and completed it.

Rather worryingly my BP is 139/101. I can live with my pulse at 68.

I know I am obese and all the Dr will say is loose weight if I go see him...I do not want to be on meds at my age for high BP. I hope this changes as I loose more weight.

Slightly worrying as my Dad died at 50 due to BP related issues and he was only slightly overweight.

This is why I am doing LL, it aint happening to me.

You will get there. My bp was 150/110 and pulse was 92 twelve wks ago. Got review done on saturday and is now 116/83 and pulse is 65. We just gotta keep plugging away at it.

You will get there. My bp was 150/110 and pulse was 92 twelve wks ago. Got review done on saturday and is now 116/83 and pulse is 65. We just gotta keep plugging away at it.

I am hoping that it is just the weight and nothing more serious keeping the BP high. Hopefully loosing another best part of a stone in the next 4-5 weeks will help that along...confidence ay?:cool:

You gotta believe in yourself. I wanted my 4st off for my birthday - which is on Tuesday and i need another 3lb - so fingers crossed for me tonite :D

Your BP and pulse will almost certainly drop as your weight does - but depending on how much you have to lose it might take a few stone before it has a really noticable effect. Looking at your start and goal weights, I'd say when you are down another 15-20lbs you will see a real difference in BP and pulse.

I have no idea what my BP/Pulse is, all I know is that I must be weird 'cos even as 21stone I was told that they were both within the normal range! Guess that must be youth on my side maybe? lol :p

Good luck iwillgetthere! I'm sure that 3lbs will be gone! :D

Hi Pete - yep 5.5lbs off :D

I have no idea what my BP/Pulse is, all I know is that I must be weird 'cos even as 21stone I was told that they were both within the normal range! Guess that must be youth on my side maybe? lol :p
Or you could find out you actually have low BP - when I was over 17st mine was well in the normal range - since losing the weight mine is now low (108/68). The weight was just pushing it up :)

Or you could find out you actually have low BP - when I was over 17st mine was well in the normal range - since losing the weight mine is now low (108/68). The weight was just pushing it up :)

This happened to me, I was 17.5st and my BP was normal, I'm now 13.5st and it's low 90/60 - my Mum has low blood pressure so it may be hereditary.

So glad I came across this thread! Had a nightmare getting my original form done - GP took 2 weeks sorting it and then had the cheek to charge me 30 quid for the privilege! Thanks to that I'm a week behind everyone else in group in regard to packs which is annoying - I'm so impatient - want to be at target yesterday LOL

Back