Onion Bahji's?

I used ordinary flour and they didn't turn out too well. Not sure if that was down to the flour or not tho :/

Bombay onion bhajis and raita

Here is my recipe for bhajis.

Bhajis
Fry light
1 onion, sliced in to half moons
170g potato cooked and mashed
227g can chick peas, mashed ( i use food processor)
1 egg beaten
1/2 tsp baking powder
2tsp bombay spice mix
1tsp dried herbs
salt and pepper

Raita
1/2 cucumber, grated }
113g low fat yogurt } Mix all ingredients together
4 spring onions, chopped }

Bhajis
Spray non stick frying pan with fry light and gently fry the onions until tender.
Mix mash potato, chickpea mash together and add onions and all other ingredients, mix well
form in to small balls, place on tray that has been sprayed with fry light and bake in pre heated oven at 220c or 425f Gas 7 for 15 mins until golden

SYN FREE :)

I used to make the Bhajis with this recipe - my problem now being I have run outta Schwartz Bombay Spice and cannot find Bombay Spice anywhere!!! Schwartz tell me they discontinued it now :(

Oh no :( Im still using my pot up, but that will run out soon too.................... will have to find a substitute! will let you know if i find one

I'm going to make these this afternoon. Not sure how I'll be mashing those chick peas though!! Will report back later!!

Found this recipe for the Bombay Spice Mix.

Ingredients

3 tbsp (45 mL) ground coriander
3 tbsp (45 mL) turmeric
2 tsp (10 mL) ground cumin
1 tsp (5 mL) salt
1/2 tsp (2 mL) cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp (2 mL) dry mustard

I used ordinary flour and they didn't turn out too well. Not sure if that was down to the flour or not tho :/
Yeah, you need the gram flour to make it right, wouldn't taste the same with normal flour. You can buy it most big supermarkets. I think it was in the world foods sections and one bag lasts aaaggggees! :)

If you let them go cold then they go a bit soggy - but I popped them back in the oven for a bit and they soon crisped up.

I served them with a (made up as I went along) potato, spinach and cauliflower curry, Ainsley Harriot packet mix Dahl and wholegrain rice. What a lovely, syn-free, healthy Indian style feast.

I was really pleased, as I only had onions and potatoes in the fridge - all the other inredients were frozen or dried store cupboard stuff.

yum i love indian food x

has anyone got a recipe for chicfken tikka jalfrezi that wud be low or syn free on EE

I love indian food and will certainly be giving these a go, but in the mean time has anyone tried the small Schwartz packet? the tikka massala one is amazing and almost syn free, i syned it up on the SW website and it calculates it at 3.5 syns per packet which when you divide it between 4-5 people is pretty dam good. Just load it with mounds of mushrooms, peppers, onions etc, chicken, passata instead of tinned tomato's and FF fomage friea (sp?). As i said its amazing everyone in our house loves it.

Back