Onions

beckys

Help!

I didn't read the sheet properly with allowed vegetables and I've just eaten my meal pack with a full onion!

Will this do much damage?

Thanks

Becky

according to MFP there are 16g of carbs in a medium raw onion, so just bear this in mind with what every else you eat, maybe not have any bars or veg today?

it seems abit late to add anything in now,

however should anything like this happen again, best thing is to just let it go, move on and doont let it get you down,,

i had a fairly big chinese blip the other day was out of ketosis for about a day then went straight back in so dont worry it will get you there x

Thanks for your replies.

Who would have thought an onion could be bad!

First mistake in 6 weeks so won't let it get to me too much.

x

Shallots are on the list, aren't they similar? Not that I know much about veg!

I wondered that actually Moosh. I have had shallots. Not a huge amount tho as they're quite strong.

Just looked it up. Onions are 9g of carbs in 100g and shallots 17g :confused:

Onions were less cals than shallots too so not sure! I'm not sure I could eat 200g of shallots tho.

weird ??

I must admit I do add red pepper sometimes to my meals and thats not on the list but i get fed up just looking at green stuff on my plate and it adds a bit of excitement , ha ha I really should get a life !!

Hehe I have Brussel sprouts and green beans - doesn't seem to be affected my losses but have decided to not have any milk this week as shakes with milk (one a day) have a really high carb content which i didn't realise so haven't had milk since I read that hehe

I just bought some brussel sprouts today as they didn't look too terrible carbs wise and I fancied something different. I think it's all about making sensible choices to be honest. I agree re the milk. Milk is not Atkins friendly so although I 'treat' myself to a latte at weekends that obvious contains carbs (8 in fact!) I don't have milk at all in the shakes or porridge.

Back