Online Idiocy: A Futile Rant

If it were that simple, nobody would be overweight would they :D

Absolutely. WW and SW would be out of business within a year or two because everyone would lose their excess weight and keep it off.

Back to the topic in hand - cos it's an interesting idea - the thing about the diet you eat and Alzheimer's. If you google (which I love doing :D), 'low carb and Alzheimer's' you'll find a study or two which seems to suggest that doing low carb prevents Alzheimer's (so there!). Moreover, one of the things that seems to be a possibility is that Vitamin B deficiency (particularly vitamin B12 deficiency) causes dementia. Is there a connection? You bet - meat and offal eaters get lots of vitamin B in their diets.

Rant away! I was like what!!??!!! :rolleyes: Ridiculous post!

Maybe we should all pop on there and give them our opinion of low carb ;) :D

Scrumbles your post about your husband and his brother is really interesting. LOVE your term "won the genetic lottery" I most certainly lost .. my younger sister has been 7 stone ringing wet since she was .. well ALWAYS and ive always been 17 ... same home, same food given to us .. .same 50p worth of "sweets" we used to guzzle watching Live & Kicking .. same battered sausage and chips on a Friday night .. she is still teeny tiny while enjoying all manner of anything she likes .. whereas I am working my ass off to lose it! Bah, genetic FAIL ! x

Back