Online membership worth it?

Rkmriddell

Gold Member
Hi I'm thinking about joining online but the cost seems to work out the same as going to group at 5pw yet if I go to group I can get the books too? Anyone tell me if it's worth joining online and if I can access it to work out syns and track food via my iPhone and iPad? Thanks

Value for money is group because as you say, you get to go to group and get more advise there as you meet like minded people than online. With group you get access to the website just as you would do if you were an online member only.

I've done both and I'd continue to go to group now even if it was just to run and get weighed in.

You get buy some sw books from there, buy scan bran and hi fi bars from there and get some advise from real life people if you need or want it x

You can track food online, however some have said that it's rubbish.. I've not used it to be honest and there is an app I believe that will track your syns but I need to find out the name so hopefully someone will let us know so we both can find out hehe x

Aah see that's mainly what I'm looking for. Something to make sure I don't go over etc. do you do daily syns or weekly?

I find the online site a tad difficult to use. guess I will get better as I use it more. I use my books more. I also like the interaction a the group. If you go to group you get to use the online as well.

Daily.. However if I know I have a meal out then weekly.

Daily syn count gives me more control and ensures I don't go out every week where I over indulge. However a lot of people do a countdown of their weekly syns. Whatever feels comfortable for you.

If I want to over indulge I just go for it lol because it's not very often.. Only on special occasions I have off days.

Muis said:
I find the online site a tad difficult to use. guess I will get better as I use it more. I use my books more. I also like the interaction a the group. If you go to group you get to use the online as well.

I didn't really get anything from the image therapy last time although I didn't rate the consultant. I may go, get the books and access to online for a week and see what I think to both. Thanks for your input

Roziee said:
Daily.. However if I know I have a meal out then weekly.

Daily syn count gives me more control and ensures I don't go out every week where I over indulge. However a lot of people do a countdown of their weekly syns. Whatever feels comfortable for you.

If I want to over indulge I just go for it lol because it's not very often.. Only on special occasions I have off days.

Yeah I think I may go daily but roll over perhaps for when I need them as I know I've some functions coming up x

I didn't really get anything from the image therapy last time although I didn't rate the consultant. I may go, get the books and access to online for a week and see what I think to both. Thanks for your input

Not all consultants are the same. Can you try a different group? My closest group is also not very nice. I go to one a bit further away, but I like the people more and the lady is more approachable.

To be honest I'm not too keen on the group experience either.. The C is nice and so are the people, however theres no image therapy..

We get weighed, she then goes through everyones results, every one claps after each one, does the slimmer of the week.. We clap again.. Does the raffle.. Ppl clap some more and that's it. In fact I'm really disappointed. No one talks about their experience.. And is so boring just listening to everyones losses without sharing best practises..

I will continue to go because knowing I have to weigh publically makes ms stay on track! May try going to another group...

That's exactly how it was where I went. Learned nothing at all and if I'd had a bad week on the scales she would just say well you clearly haven't stuck to it, even when you had x

Rkmriddell said:
That's exactly how it was where I went. Learned nothing at all and if I'd had a bad week on the scales she would just say well you clearly haven't stuck to it, even when you had x

That's not a very nice thing to say! I just feel after a long day at work I wanna go to group thinking that I've gained something from it.. And because of the group size it can last over an hour and 15 so I'm not home until 830pm.. Being up at 530am!

But the other group is a little far for me to get too so I'll stick to this one..

Roziee said:
That's not a very nice thing to say! I just feel after a long day at work I wanna go to group thinking that I've gained something from it.. And because of the group size it can last over an hour and 15 so I'm not home until 830pm.. Being up at 530am!

But the other group is a little far for me to get too so I'll stick to this one..

She was awful though. Honestly one day we got there five minutes early and she told us off that the group didn't start till 7!! That was the last time I went. I refuse to pay someone who is rude to me. Ours was the same though, big group so never got anything interesting from it. It's tough isn't it. Although tbh I think that we get better support on this site :) I'll go Monday see what the consultant is like now I think, get the books and listen to what's said and make up my mind then :) you're right though it's a long time on an already long day x

Rkmriddell said:
She was awful though. Honestly one day we got there five minutes early and she told us off that the group didn't start till 7!! That was the last time I went. I refuse to pay someone who is rude to me. Ours was the same though, big group so never got anything interesting from it. It's tough isn't it. Although tbh I think that we get better support on this site :) I'll go Monday see what the consultant is like now I think, get the books and listen to what's said and make up my mind then :) you're right though it's a long time on an already long day x

Sorry I meant it wasn't very nice of her to say that.. Not that you said a horrible thing.. Sorry lol

Yeah do go to group.. It does make me more determined to keep on track so that I don't see a gain on the scales in class...

Roziee said:
Sorry I meant it wasn't very nice of her to say that.. Not that you said a horrible thing.. Sorry lol

Yeah do go to group.. It does make me more determined to keep on track so that I don't see a gain on the scales in class...

Lol. I knew what you meant haha x

Oh good... Lol I bought the hi fi bars last week.. Delicious but don't think I'll buy them again.. Theyre so morish I could eat the packet full lol don't think that's quite the idea tho lol

To be honest I'm not too keen on the group experience either.. The C is nice and so are the people, however theres no image therapy..

We get weighed, she then goes through everyones results, every one claps after each one, does the slimmer of the week.. We clap again.. Does the raffle.. Ppl clap some more and that's it. In fact I'm really disappointed. No one talks about their experience.. And is so boring just listening to everyones losses without sharing best practises..

I will continue to go because knowing I have to weigh publically makes ms stay on track! May try going to another group...
I am so glad I went to another group, because I am very happy where I am now. The first group I went to was pants. Everyone has diffent needs and personalities. You need to find the right place for you. Even if it turns out to be online! :)

Back