Only 1 lb loss on second week?

sparklie

I had great loss on first week but only 1 lb this week. Im still at it and not getting down about it as overall weightloss for 2 weeks is great. Just wondering if anyone else exoerienced same in second week? Its funny cos this weight is where I always seem to get stuck in any diet just never seem to get below it. Im 13 st exactly and it would make my day to wake up tomorrow and be 12st something!

Don't worry! I only lost 2lb on my 2nd week too and I hadn't lost anything until my actual weigh in day! It's hard to stick at it when you can't see the scales going down isn't it? :( my 3rd week and i'm determined not to stand on the scales again until next monday!! Are you exercising as well? x

I was really good the first week but its hard cos it kills u not taking alot of calories but I try and do sit ups or something every day to get rid of my mummy tummy. I was doing 30 day shred! Yesterday I cleaned the whole house top to bottom and thought that would do me. No mean feat with 3 of 3 and under running about! Lol. Good for u fir staying off the scales im a bit ocd with them.

So am I! I'm so bad! Every morning first thing I do! lol. I'm going out Saturday with friends an really tempted to have a drink! x

I think its meant to be dangerous ti drink while in ketosis so maybe u should check that out first. I weigh myself every morning and every night and honestly sometimes during the day too. I dont think it helps but it's hard to stop. Ive been 13st exactly for over a week now and would just love to see it shift down a bit. Im really being good. Was hoping to be 12st something on monday past and it didnt happen so im trying for the same this week I'll be truly gutted if I dont make it. Ideally id like 12st 8lb. But ill not hold my breath lol!

The heat is prob not helping, body wants to grab all the fluid it can and everything expands...good luck though for ur mini goals

I started Exante back in March and weighed myself every week, but after four weeks of very low losses (with exception of first week) I lost faith and stopped. Looking back though I did have a 11lb loss - which is good. This time I did not weigh myself at the start (I just know it was high) and will only weigh after two months. This works for me because I can relax and be happy to know I am loosing and I don't get downhearted at low losses or spend ages calculating when I will reach goal! I also find it easier to have mini date goals rather than weight goals - I can do two months. Then I may be able to do two more...or move to WS....

Every week katequa? Im on them scales morning noon and night. Its quite an addiction. I wish I could relax and not weigh and even just use clothes as a measure of how I'm doing. Think I must be a bit of a control freak!

Your body is in starvation mode when ketosis happens....:(

What a crock! Don't believe this member. Look it up. Ketosis is just a different way of your body utilising energy. Why do people think they can make a quip remark when they obviously haven't even bothered to do any research?!?! Dumb***!

Look for the weigh in challenges girls, and a post called 'put away the scales'. Monthly weighing is completely liberating. If you're on this diet for a set period, why keep worrying yourself daily?! We all know the diet works, and we all know our bodies like to play games with us! So give yourself a break, stick to the plan and at the end of two or four weeks, a month even, what will be will be ;-) Seeing a big loss makes it all worthwhile - in my case 10lbs for three weeks, I was thrilled and hadn't had any interim stress cos it was totm or just a heavy day! Good luck!

My second week was like yours too (excepting WS and not TS).

It would fluctuate between days or mornings and evenings, but at the end of the week it wasn't basically no difference from week one.

The heat will be gone in a week or two. So if it is the heat, the poor losses this week will ultimately be balanced out by bigger losses later on. Swings and roundabouts. Still, it is demotivating!

I had a poor weight loss one week too, so I stopped weighing myself all the time. Now for me the best indication is in my clothes because I have obviously lost inches no matter what the scales say. I have gone from size 16 to size 12 in the same style of jeans. I now only weigh myself when I feel like it which is about once a fortnight if that. Don't give up, you will be burning up your store of fat even if the scales don't tell you that! xx

Don't be too disheartened. I weighed in yesterday 1lb heavier than last week, and today at 2lb lighter. And yesterday I'd eaten cake! Admittedly I have been at this on and off for just over three months, and in all that time my weight has done weird things on a weekly or daily basis, but overall I've nearly lost 3 stone so it does work :) And the measurements thing is great too, I've lost an incredible five inches off my waist! To me that's more impressive than pounds :) Hang in there!

Google it

I think several thousand of exante users have googled it!!!!!! not to mention people on Cambridge diet, lighter life, slim and save,lipotrim and many other TFR diets....

you prefer slimming world for your weight loss so why don't you just concentrate on yourself... Stop making silly unfounded remarks in a forum that offers support and advice for people on a very strict scientifically proven diet..

Sometimes if you haven't got anything helpful to say then maybe you shouldn't say anything at all

Well said val! Flower, I'm sure you're super-knowledgeable on your slimming world diet, and good luck with that, but you're showing yourself up here dearie. Don't be afraid to ask if you want some proper information on how VLCDs work though - there's so much knowledge and experience on this forum. :wavey:

I'm back for another four weeks chums, hoping to shift a stone and then will probably call it a day for TS - too much on late Sept/early Oct and don't want to do it badly. I'll be switching back to Atkins - another ketogenic diet and another one where I won't be in starvation mode. :p

Gosh, I wonder if I could do the month without weighing at all. And why is that thought scaring me so much???

Gosh, I wonder if I could do the month without weighing at all. And why is that thought scaring me so much???

I find it motivates me because I 'have' to be good cos there's no way of knowing until the end of the month! And then seeing a big loss at the end of the month feels really great. And on the plus side you don't have to deal with daily fluctuations that usually result in a bad mood!

Back