Only 1lb loss this wk. Made mistake.

fiojam

Focused & goin for goal!
Hi. I only lost 1 little pound this week which I'm not really happy with. I'm now down to 12st which is quite good but I'd like to get into the 11s (even if it's only 11st 13.75lbs!!!).
I was really hoping for a good loss but it just didn't happen.
As I'm now on 790, i've found that the amount of chicken/turkey you can have is loads so have been splitting my chicken so that I have a little bit at lunch time (2oz) with 2oz of cottage cheese. Then I am having 3.5oz with my tea.
(basically worked out what my allowance would be if split between chicken and cottage cheese and worked out the weights based on it being 1/4 cottage cheese and 3/4 chicken - I think that's right :eek: ).
Now, here lies the problem... I decided in my wisdom that I could use sliced roast chicken from tesco - in packs of 8 from the deli counter area. Had this all week and it was quite nice to split the allowance BUT it was only yesterday that I thought about it and realised that it probably isn't 'pure' chicken and is probably packed with other stuff to bulk it out and that this could effect my weight loss. With only 1lb when I have been so good I think that it must be the culprit!!
I will be moving on to home cooked chicken breast from now on.

This week I plan to do the following to ensure I get a great weight loss nest week (and really smash into the 11st mark! :D )

1) move on to 'proper' chicken to have with my lunch.
2) drink lots more water (have been probably having 2.5 - 3 litres... will try to up this to 4-5 litres per day).
3) start walking to work and back (not far only about 10mins or so but every little helps!)
4) start doing a little blast on the cross-trainer at least every other day for about 10mins.
5) this is the hardest but I've been thinking about it for a while.... get swimming!!! I HATE it because of having to get to the baths, getting by wobbly butt into a costume, and getting wet! But it's good for me and I think the idea of it is worse than actually getting on with it!

It's a tall order but I really need this! Wish me luck :eek:

Hi,

I know you're disappointed with the 1lb loss. But it's better off than on right??

I know exactly what you mean about even getting just under the 12st. It's amazing what a number will do for your confidence. Just to say 11st something........

You're probably right about the sliced chicken. A nice small chicken breast grilled and chewed slowly with a bit of salad would also probably make you feel like you're eating more than with just the slice and it would fill you from all the chewing on the chicken breast.

Hmmmmm, grilled chicken. Starting CD tomorrow so will have to wait for that taste for at least 4 wks for the AAM week.

Anyway this thread isn't about me.

You have done extremely well to lose so much in 11 weeks. And just think, that "1 little pound" is 1lb you won't have to lose ever again.

Good Luck.

Sarah

Try not to focus on one weeks weigh in, easy to say i know but look at the bigger picture and you have done brilliantly!!!

I agree with the chicken thing tho, and the real thing altho more fiddly is far more enjoyable!!

Well done! I think your goals are great, i really need to think about exercising!!!!!

1lb is still 1LB off .... and if you up your water intake then I'm sure next week will be a brilliant week. Sometimes our bodies hold onto the weight .... and then all of a sudden it'll come off. On 790 cals per day you can not fail but to lose weight - so keep going and here's hoping to see you post a good loss next week!

I agree with all of the above, a lb is still a lb and I reckon next week you will see a really good loss and be floating about on cloud none. Hold that thought!

Love Barb xxx

agree with all the above.. I had a week where I lost under a 1lb and it is a tough pill to swallow so am with you on this 100%,,, that said,, your weight loss has been fantastic, and you are doing SO well.. and to be 12stone must feel wonderful! :D So... hang on in there.. you are fantastic and a real inspiration to so many (and remember, for every person who posts in reply I bet there are at least a dozen "lurkers" ;) )

You're doing great! The scales are only one indicator of your success, YOU are the real measure of that success :D

You're doing really well & you still lost weight, just keep going & you really will soon see that 11 on the scales.

Your deli chicken probably didn't do you any favours, quite often it has salt and/or sugar added. I used to buy a pack of raw chicken and bag it up into the right size portions, freezing what I didn't need straight away. I've got one of those little grill/sandwich maker things, only cost about £12 and I used to chop the chicken up into small pieces, put it the grill with some mushrooms & it would cook in about 3 mins - lovely.

All the best for this week.

well done on all the weight u have lost so far. it is a huge amount in a short time and u ought to be chuffed with yourself.

1 lb is a lot of weight. have u ever seen 1lb of fat from a butchers? it looks like loads and is ruddy awful lol. well u got rid of that and that fab in my opinion.

u seem to know what u r doing anyways and i reckon with more water and "real" chicken u will shift a good amount this coming week.

i bought one of those 5litre water bottles from asda and i make sure its filled from the brita filter every night then put in the fridge so the next day i know i have a big stock of cold, pure water and during the day i can always see exactly how much i have left. when i use the 2 litre bottles i always forget how bottles ive had so i find it easier to use the 5 litre one and know i have to finish it by bedtime.

hope u have a fab loss this week. im sure u will.

xxxx

Thanks all for your encouraging words. I am feeling much better about it now. I am going all out for a really good loss by the end of this week.

So, how am I doing? Not bad so far.

My targets were:
1) move on to 'proper' chicken to have with my lunch.
DONE THIS - COOKED A CHICKEN BREAST AND WEIGHED OUT 2Oz OF 'PURE' CHICKEN.

2) drink lots more water (have been probably having 2.5 - 3 litres... will try to up this to 4-5 litres per day).
DRANK A FAIR BIT SO FAR TODAY. SO FAR UP TO 6 LARGE GLASSES FULL OF LOVELY H2o - THAT'S 3 LITRES. WILL EASILY BE ABLE TO DRINK ANOTHER 4 GLASSES BETWEEN NOW AND BED.

3) start walking to work and back (not far only about 10mins or so but every little helps!).
ERM... WELL I'VE MADE A START - WALKED TO WORK. HAD TO WALK HOME AGAIN AT LUNCH BUT IT WAS REALLY RAINING HARD SO A FRIEND DROPPED ME OFF AT HOME AND I USED THE CAR AFTER THAT. TOMORROW I WILL WALK BUT WEAR MY BIG RAIN MAC.

4) start doing a little blast on the cross-trainer at least every other day for about 10mins.
YES!! DONE THIS!! GOT HOME FROM WORK AND DECIDED THAT I WOULD EXERCISE FOR THE DURATION OF 4 FUNKY TUNES ON MY IPOD - ROCKED AWAY TO 4 TRACKS OF THE FRATELLIS NEW ALBUM WHICH I GOT FOR XMAS AND THAT WORKED OUT AT 13MINS AND 30 SECONDS. I'LL DO THIS EACH DAY AND THEN MOVE UP TO 5 TRACKS WHEN I FEEL READY.

5) this is the hardest but I've been thinking about it for a while.... get swimming!!! I HATE it because of having to get to the baths, getting by wobbly butt into a costume, and getting wet! But it's good for me and I think the idea of it is worse than actually getting on with it!
NOPE... CAN'T REALLY FACE THIS JUST YET. I NEED TO GET INTO THE SWING OF BEING BACK AT WORK AND WILL MAYBE START NEXT WEEK :eek:

So, that's 4 out of five. Not too bad. Even though I feel I've not had a good weight loss, I've had so many comments at work today (just got back after the xmas hols). People were saying about how much I had lost over xmas and that I was disappearing!! I can't believe it! 6 people during the course of the day had made the point of coming over to me and saying how much thinner I'm looking. I usually get a bit shy and start saying 'no, no, I've not lost that much only a few pounds'. But I've been thinking about this. Because so many people have commented today I'm thinking maybe I actually HAVE lost the weight but the scales are not showing it?!?!?! Not sure why. I seem to have only lost 3.5lbs since xmas eve which I wouldn't have thouht would have been so obvious but maybe I've really lost more and the scales are telling fibs :confused: I really hope so.

I feel so much fitter and have loads more energy! This diet is fab (even if I did seem to have a poor week :eek:)

Anyway... this post is far too long. I've 'talked' too much:rolleyes:

Back