ONLY 1lb!!!

Agree with all the posts although i do have a winge sometimes if its only a pound lol, and i cnt take credit for the poem found it on another forum

I agree.. and when someone loses a lb.. i think thats fantastic.. but i do understand should someone feel they've tried soooooooo hard one week.. and you know when you build yourself up.. and you think.. "god i bet i've lost 2 lbs this week.. i totally deserve it.." and then you find out you don't.. and you've already psyched yourself up for that 2lbs.. no one has the right to say they can't post and feel slightly disapointed.. cos i know if i had done that.. i would be miffed too.. But your right in bringing up the subject that one lb is great..!! its a loss.. even half a lb.. you're still on the right track..!! our bodies are weird and wonderful things.. sometimes we hold onto water weight.. or anything is possible.. i've known people lose nothing one week.. then lose 4lbs the next.. cos their body is catching up on them..

Be proud of your lbs.. and your 1/2 a lbs.. and even your sts.. cos you're eating well.. and your body is loving you for it.. lol..

x x x x

I agree taz, i think any weightloss is one to be proud of and if it comes off a pound at a time it is more likley to stay off. Though it has taken me 10 years of dieting to realise this lol.

I am also glad this forum is here, i find it a very friendly one, before minimins i was on another one which was very cleeky. This is great, everyone is so helpful, even when i'm not on plan i still log in lol x

good post and a good reminder to everyone that 1lb is really good, yes we all hope for the magic click of the finger but we all have to think when putting on weight it didn't come on as 1 stone etc etc a week.
take your time let your body recover and stay in tune.

ps ii lost 1lb this week and yes i am happy, yes i would have loved to have lost more but hey my body is adjusting and is loosing weight at a good pace.

tryer x

What a great thread, I am new to SW but have been on WW (sorry for swearing) on and off for a while. 1lb doesn't seem much at the time but as Taz said, that's over 3 stone in a yr! Which is obviously fantastic. So come on - everyone is doing fantastic!!!!

Ikkle - that poem was great x

Well that's me told!! Lol! I admit it, it was me! Sorry! But if we are all honest we would like to lose weight faster, particularly when we are sticking to the plan-BUT I do agree Taz, and I feel as if I have been a bit of a brat now for moaning that I have only lost a 1lb-but that was how I felt, and that is the good thing about this site is that people here can say what they like and hopefully not be judged. So onwards and downwards !

Reactions: Taz
Well that's me told!! Lol! I admit it, it was me! Sorry! But if we are all honest we would like to lose weight faster, particularly when we are sticking to the plan-BUT I do agree Taz, and I feel as if I have been a bit of a brat now for moaning that I have only lost a 1lb-but that was how I felt, and that is the good thing about this site is that people here can say what they like and hopefully not be judged. So onwards and downwards !

Hi hun , don't worry it has taken me 10 years to realise that half a pound or a pound is something to be proud of. Lol i don't think anyone on the forum thinks you are a brat for moaning, that is just how you felt. I used to be gutted if i never had a good few lb loss , lol now i'm just at the stage where i think anything is better than what i am now and remember a lb is 2 blocks of butter xx

Thanks for that. I think the great thing about this site is that if your motivation is dwindling which, lets be honest it does if your weight loss is lower than you hoped, then there is always on here to pick you up. Before I have given up when my loss is slower than I hoped, but now I am grateful and as Taz says, it is a long term plan, not a quick fix.

We would all love to lose weight quickly but it just doesn't happen like that. I would even rejoice when I've managed to stick to my diet for a whole day. Losing weight is hard and takes a lot of determination.

Losing anything is great

Irene xx

We would all love to lose weight quickly but it just doesn't happen like that. I would even rejoice when I've managed to stick to my diet for a whole day. Losing weight is hard and takes a lot of determination.

Losing anything is great

Irene xx

Exactly.. but people shouldnt feel they can't talk about feeling disapointed if they feel bad cos they feel thy deserved more than a lb.. =)
x x

Hi everyone, I only really ever loose 1lb, I love my little pounds comming off!!

Hurray for 1lb weight losses!! We all have a tough battle and want to get slimmer quicker. We always want more.

Let's be satisfied with 1lb!!

Mels

i agree with kitteh totally if i wanna winge bout only losing one pound then i'm gonna winge out it , thats what this place is for , a pound down is ace i know but it's frustrating and this is the best place for me to vent so sorry Taz my lovely you may still get the odd wingeing post off me XXX

If I could lose 1lb aweek every week I would be over the moon, but that's not always the case so what a loss no matter how big or small is a great achievement to be proud of.
This time last year I did'nt think I would be around to lose even 1lb let alone the 2st.7lbs that I have lost so far. I know sometimes I get frustrated when I get a + but that is usually due to medication which I have to live with.
I Know I don't post very much, but the encouragement I get from SW and all the post I read on this great forum keep me on track to achieve my goal. A big thankyou all.:thankyou:

Last edited:
There is nothing more to add but I felt left out so

hear hear!! xx

Lol, Claire. xxx

As posted by Jaxmummy on the team thread:

Only One Pound

Hello, do you know me?

If you don't, you should. I'm a pound of fat,

and I'm the HAPPIEST pound of fat that you would ever want to meet.

Want to know why?

It's because no one ever wants to lose me;

I'm ONLY ONE POUND, just a pound!

Everyone wants to lose three pounds, five pounds, or fifteen pounds,

But never only one.

So I just stick around and happily keep you fat.

Then I add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice it.

That is, until I've grown to ten, twenty, thirty or even more pounds in weight.

Yes, its fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT, left to do as I please.

So, when you weigh in, keep right on saying, "Oh, I only lost one pound."

(As if that were such a terrible thing.)

For you see, if you do this, you'll encourage others to keep me around because they'll think I'm not worth losing.

And, I love being around you - your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips and every part of you.

Happy Days!!!

After all, I'm ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

Brilliant, I'm going to print this out and stick it on the kitchen cupboard. I was disappointed with my loss last week but when I sat and thought about it I had had a good loss and a lb is a lb in the right direction. Funny because when ever anyone puts a pound on its like 3lbs worth,lol, but when you lose it, its like " oh, only a pound"

Exactly.. but people shouldnt feel they can't talk about feeling disapointed if they feel bad cos they feel thy deserved more than a lb.. =)
x x
I totally agree, this is a free speaking forum and all tohughts and feelings are valid. My intension was not to tell people not to post if they are feeling down but to look at the positive rather than the negative. That's why I weigh at home as well, so I don't get any shocks or disappointments.

We are all here to support each other, I just really feel for people who are down about their progress and want to put a different spin on it x

I totally agree, this is a free speaking forum and all tohughts and feelings are valid. My intension was not to tell people not to post if they are feeling down but to look at the positive rather than the negative. That's why I weigh at home as well, so I don't get any shocks or disappointments.

We are all here to support each other, I just really feel for people who are down about their progress and want to put a different spin on it x

I know honey.. i said i agreed with the thread.. and that people should feel good that they lost a lb.. and sometimes a week where we feel we did really well.. and it doesnt show on scales.. it could the following week.. i just meant on the flip side.. i dont want people to feel bad cos they feel negative about it.. two negatives do deff not make a positive.. lol.. :D..
a lb is a lb.. and its still a lb off.. :D

x x x

Back