Only half a pound loss

Skinny girl

Am gutted just a half a pound loss this week. I have been 100% now for nearly 4 months, I have not cheated once, no blips nothing a total 100%. I drink a minimum of 3 litres of water a day and tea/coffee with minimal milk. I am 1lb off having lost 4 stone and I really hope that a pound comes off next week to make it exactly 4 stone in 4 months. I am a healthy BMI now but want to get more mid range and lose a minimum of another 7lb at this rate it will take me months. Is it normal for such a slow/small weight loss should I restart going to the gym to speed things along?
Am feeling quite disheartened that if I only lose half a pound on such a severe diet how on earth am I going to cope once I start refeeding and increase my calories.
Any advice most welcome, thank you.

Hmmm, I have to wonder if this is the body taking a little pit stop. I had my first week of sts this week at 3 stone 9lb off. Whilst I haven't been 100%, I've been 100% on plan, just the cals that have been a bit higher, but this last week my cal intake has been lower than the rest of January and I dropped every week. I wonder if there are any more of us at around 4 stone experiencing this?

You are not too far from your ideal weight so the next few weeks may be slow going, but just think of the reward and feeling of success at the end. As long as you are careful with building up calories when you do reach goal you will be fine. I don't know how much exercise you do but when you reach goal if you try and increase exercise as you increase calories you will probably find you naturally keep the weight off. I think the trick is not to relax totally and not to relax too soon.

Sometimes your body just needs to readjust a bit. You might get a big week next week or you might just carry on from here. Are you measuring? You might find that you are still losing inches. You know the diet works - just trust to the process and it'll get you there. Good luck!

Sometimes your body just wants to hold on to water... The fat is lost, but the fat cells fill up with water and just stay there for a bit! It's disheartening on the scales, but you HAVE lost weight/fat. It's impossible not to following this diet. :)

Have a read - it's a theory, but it makes sense! :)

Of Whooshes and Squishy Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

That's a really interesting theory, lots of research on dieters adema (odema) around too. Makes sense - thanks for posting :)

Thank you all for your replies. Will read that link thank you. Hoping for a proper loss this week coming.

You've lost a massive amount and are so much smaller now that you probably will have smaller losses every so often now. A stone a month is still amazing though! Might find you have a nice big loss next week to make up for it :)

I still have a few stone to lose and am into week 21 and am 100% but some weeks I lose small amounts, STS or even gain but I don't give up. I don't lose a stone every month more between 8 and 10lbs. It will come off when it's ready

I have to say, I love people who put their losses per week in their signatures - thank you to those who do! It really gives a good idea of how much we'd all lose on average. Of course not everyone is the same, I personally am a slow loser and will slow down as the weeks progress.
From what I remember - there will be weeks where it'll stay the same even after 100% on plan! Just the way it is I suppose. :)

Back