Only i can help myself...

wannabeminime

Gold Member
I know that no one else can help me, i just wanted a moan really.

I CAN'T STOP EATING!

I have had emotional stuff to deal with lately, and i turned to my old friend, food. I have put on 4 lbs this week. Trouble is, i dont feel like ssing at the mo, even if i could, as i have my first xmas meal out next Saturday, then it's not long until xmas itself. I feel like its barely worth while getting back into ketosis, so i may as well wait until after xmas. Trouble is, i know i will eat too much between now and xmas! I've already devoured the chocs for my kids homemade advent calendar! I will have to go shopping for some more!

Any words of wisdom from you lovely peeps??

Hiya Wanna...

Have you checked out the Bring Your Head Inside forum??? You may find some inspiration in there in terms of changing your perspective....

Good luck hun :)

I know that no one else can help me, i just wanted a moan really.

I CAN'T STOP EATING!

I have had emotional stuff to deal with lately, and i turned to my old friend, food. I have put on 4 lbs this week. Trouble is, i dont feel like ssing at the mo, even if i could, as i have my first xmas meal out next Saturday, then it's not long until xmas itself. I feel like its barely worth while getting back into ketosis, so i may as well wait until after xmas. Trouble is, i know i will eat too much between now and xmas! I've already devoured the chocs for my kids homemade advent calendar! I will have to go shopping for some more!

Any words of wisdom from you lovely peeps??

Oh hun,

I understand about emotional eating and how powerful it is and how powerless you can feel to stop it:(

I think you're doing the right thing by thinking carefully about what you feel you can do before xmas and what you don't want to do.

It's a cliche but have you written down your thoughts? A list of Pro's and Con's for SSing or any diet between now and Xmas?

By the sounds of it you will be happier and feel less anxious about gaining anymore before Xmas, if you can find motivation from any source and set a small, achievable goal.

Hope some of this helps and just keep your bum on here and away from CHOCCY!!!!:D :eek:

I wouldn't but anymore calendars until the 1st Dec if it was me:)

Hiya Wanna...

Have you checked out the Bring Your Head Inside forum??? You may find some inspiration in there in terms of changing your perspective....

Good luck hun :)

I have read the threads as they appear Diva, but could do with revisiting them! Thanks!

you are like me today ......turned to my old pal ....mouthful of plum crumble,crisps,and 2 bits of choc .......mouthfuls don't count ...

i think you should stay on ss but at your meals out pick the least calorific and wrap up those advent chocs and put them on display so the children can keep an eye on them .....that friend food is no friend to any one ....hugs to you xx

Oh hun,

I understand about emotional eating and how powerful it is and how powerless you can feel to stop it:(

I think you're doing the right thing by thinking carefully about what you feel you can do before xmas and what you don't want to do.

It's a cliche but have you written down your thoughts? A list of Pro's and Con's for SSing or any diet between now and Xmas?

By the sounds of it you will be happier and feel less anxious about gaining anymore before Xmas, if you can find motivation from any source and set a small, achievable goal.

Hope some of this helps and just keep your bum on here and away from CHOCCY!!!!:D :eek:

I wouldn't but anymore calendars until the 1st Dec if it was me:)

Thanks Isis, i will do a list tonight! Not sure what diet to stick to between now and xmas though, I seem to be ok during the day, then binge at night. Same story of old! So maybe 2 packs and a meal?? Sort of like slimfast?

you are like me today ......turned to my old pal ....mouthful of plum crumble,crisps,and 2 bits of choc .......mouthfuls don't count ...

i think you should stay on ss but at your meals out pick the least calorific and wrap up those advent chocs and put them on display so the children can keep an eye on them .....that friend food is no friend to any one ....hugs to you xx

Yes, think i will not buy anymore chocs for the advent calendar until Sat, when i get it down from the loft with the other decs! (It's a home made one with the little pockets for sweets).Then the kids can count out the right amount, and monitor closely!

Cant wait until Sat though, love putting the decs up!

Thanks Isis, i will do a list tonight! Not sure what diet to stick to between now and xmas though, I seem to be ok during the day, then binge at night. Same story of old! So maybe 2 packs and a meal?? Sort of like slimfast?

Sounds like an idea worth considering hun. I too am usually ok in the day. Work, kids, busy busy...then comes evening and oh boy does it take some focus sometimes not to slip into bad habits again.:eek:

Let us all know what you decide. You know Minimins is for everyone, no matter what type of weight loss plan you are following:D :D :D

I dont have any words of advice, just a bit of encouragement. You have done VERY VERY well losing 70 pounds. I am sure you know what is best for you and will make the right decision. But just a thought--maybe since you are nearing your goal, you are a little nervous of what is next and you arent as focused as before.
Hang in as long as you can--and remember you will get to stop ssing soon as you gradually let food back into your diet.

I dont have any words of advice, just a bit of encouragement. You have done VERY VERY well losing 70 pounds. I am sure you know what is best for you and will make the right decision. But just a thought--maybe since you are nearing your goal, you are a little nervous of what is next and you arent as focused as before.
Hang in as long as you can--and remember you will get to stop ssing soon as you gradually let food back into your diet.

You are right, PFairy, i am no where near as focussed as i was. But i do feel very chuffed with myself for loosing 70lbs, i have never been successful at dieting before. I still have a very bad relationship with food though, and worry about putting it all back on again. FOOD IS BAAAAAAD!!!

Hiya Bex!

Ack, it's horrible when you get into that pattern of binging in the evening isn't it:(

Looking on the bright side, you stay okay during the day, which has got to be good caloriewise.

I know that evenings are my worst time. I could never have SSed without having something to look forward to when everyone went to bed.

I always had 1/2 bar for dinner, then when everyone was gone and I was sure I wouldn't be interrupted, I could settle down with my big cup of coffee and the 3rd half of my bar. I used to really look forward to it, and never let myself have it until that time.

When I did the add a meal, most of the time I saved that until late evening. Had my 1/2 bar at about 10:00pm, then my chick and veg a couple of hours later.

My problem was that I couldn't bear the thought of finishing the days allowance. Left me insecure.

So what about picking one of the other Cambridge plans. Using the shakes for the days, then planning out time in the evening to get everything else in?

So what about picking one of the other Cambridge plans. Using the shakes for the days, then planning out time in the evening to get everything else in?

I think i may have to look at the 790 plan, but i have been trying to avoid this, firstly due to cost of packs AND food, secondly as i dont like complicated diets. But i will do some research. Thanks KD.

Just joined the restarters thread, hopefully some new buddies will keep me going. I would like to get into the 12's by xmas. Thats 11lb. Realistic i hope, considering i have a few social gatherings along the way! Off to clear out the fridge!

Bl:eek: :eek: dy hell! If i can get into the 12's by xmas, i will be flabberghasted, i haven't been this weight since i was at Uni, 17 years ago!

Hi there, I know it's so hard. I lost my precious mom this time last year and i am an emotional eater so when i feel low i go for the food for that short term fix and boy is it short term, more or less straight away i feel worse than i did originally so i am really trying hard. If you do eat i find its best to have a meal (meat , fish ) and fill myself up so i am not snacking constantly. I'm ss at moment and really trying because i have promised myself if i keep this up till xmas i can have a lovely christmas diinner, Keep going chick and christmas will taste so much better. look at all that weight you've lost already hey (lucky you). sorry if babbling X

WOW, how fantastic are YOU gonna feel when you get there!!!!

70lbs already is an incredible achievement!! Hats off to you!!!

Thanks FFFish, i think its only just sinking in how well i have done. I still FEEL fat, still go to the big clothes in shops, etc. But i still have a long way to go, and NEED to stick to cd!

Back