Step 1 Sole Source Only lost 1.5 lbs?

Hi :) I'm new to Cambridge and today is my 4th day on SS. At my weigh in I only lost 1.5 lbs in these 4 days and I'm wondering if this is normal? I did make a little mistake, which is that I was drinking too much stock (I was adding double the allowed amount of Cambridge Golden Vegetable stock to the water). Did I mess up my hard work by doing so? I feel really bad about that! We tested my ketone level in my urine and I am in ketosis, but still I'm scared I messed it up because of too much broth. Anyone know what I can do?

1.5lbs is a good weight loss. Just continue as you are doing and don't look back.x Bet you lose more next week.:)

Hello, welcome to the madness! :)

No, you haven't messed up too much. The extra salt in the savoury mix might have caused you to retain water, that's all. And you're only on day 4 - very early days! I think next week you'll see those pounds shifting!

Thank you both for your reassurance! I was so worried, but now I'm put more at ease :) ! Can't wait to shed more pounds! I haven't been this motivated in... forever! :D

Last year when I did this diet for the first time, I think I only lost about 5 lbs the first week but about a stone in the second!

Just remember that even on this diet everyone will lose at different rates..... You need to focus on the fact that you ARE losing, no matter how much it is!!

Alan

A1000 said:
Last year when I did this diet for the first time, I think I only lost about 5 lbs the first week but about a stone in the second!

Just remember that even on this diet everyone will lose at different rates..... You need to focus on the fact that you ARE losing, no matter how much it is!!

Alan

Bless you! I'm feeling very unhappy today. Normal women's monthly cycles aside, I don't feel I've lost anything so far. Feeling bloated :( I'm panicking as I know what I'm like and ill end up in tears on weigh day! I'm on day 4 of step 2. In need of a good talking to today! Lol! X

Stick with it though! I know we all want it off quickly, but as long as we follow the plan, in the long term is physically impossible not to lose weight on this diet!!

Just need to get through the first week and I'm sure everything will seem much better!

Alan

Stop weighing yourself. I started last week and weighed myself every day getting down I had only lost 4lbs. Stood on the CDC's scales and it was 8lbs off. Result. But I could so easily have got disillusioned with what I was seeing on my scales. Hence, the scales are now packed away and one weigh in a week from now on.

Back