Only lost 1.9lb third week

mini mouse

I have to say I am so disappointed with my weight loss this week. I only lost 1.9lb, which really I could achieve eating conventional food :(!!!

I was pleased with my initial weight loss week 1 (9.4lb) and slightly concerned that week 2 droped to 4.8lb, but now it seems that I am in a pattern. Does this mean that next week I will only lose 1lb and 1/2lb the following week? This is the pattern I have seen with 'other' diets and its so disheartening, especially when you have stuck to the diet 100%!

I say 100%, but I suppose I have not been managing my water each day. Could this have something to do with it? I am only on my 3rd litre so far today. If it does have something to do with it, could someone explain why to me please, because the way I see it, I'm still burning fat so the weight should still be coming off.

Thanks
Minimouse :sigh:

the first week is always the highest loss.... u wont get regular losses of over 9lbs from now on. fab weight loss for week 2 as well. wekk 3 is famous for being a small loss on VLCDs. it will just be because u dropped so much in first 2 weeks.

u will defnately loss at least 14lb a month and it will all even out. congrats on a fab total loss so far. over a stone in 3 weeks is great. xx

Can I just check how much you want to lose?

Also - there is no pattern to LL whatsoever - not one of my weights has been the same from one week to the next. Whatever the scales show you have lost between 3 and 3.3lb of fat and you will continue to do exactly that on average until you get withing the last half stone of your goal weight.

As a morbidly obese new LLer back in January I had the following losses in my first few weeks:

1 stone
4.5lbs
2.5lbs
and then in week 4 I lost 7lbs.

I am not saying that your losses are going to be like mine - you will lose the weight and you will lose it at a rate of approximately 1 stone a month. You have lost over a stone in 3 weeks!

Also when you say that you are following the diet 100%, are you walking 5 miles a day or doing 10000 steps? (people sometimes forget that this is also part of the LL formula - it can make a difference of 7-10lbs in total over Foundation) That was what kicked off my larger loss in week 4.

Over 1 stone in 3 weeks is brilliant - keep reminding yourself that - and if you don;t stick to LL this week you'll never know what you would have lost next week and the week after - in the first 2 months it was pretty much that burning question that kept me going!

Hey you are still doing really well like the others have said. Water can make a huge difference as it literally flushes the products of ketosis (ie the products from the breaking down of fat) out of your body. Also everybody in my group goes through massive fluctuations from week to week - last week I lost 2.6lbs and the week before 5.2lb. It can depend on so many things but trust me overall it all adds up and you will be hitting your target before you know it. Like Karen says it all evens out. Just keep swigging the water and following the packs and if you feel able introduce some exercise as Cerulean suggested. You'll get there!

thanks for all the positive replies. I am really pleased to think that I've lost over a stone in three weeks... come to think of it I'm ecstatic about that :D!!

I have quite a long way to go, I estimate about 6 stones from the start, so about 5 left to go. I suppose I'm always wanting the hard work to be done already!! I think I need to take a step back and start to enjoy the journey, rather than focusing on the destination!!! Once my clothes start to fall off me I will be over the moon! They do feel looser than they did 3 weeks ago already.

Cerulean, that is a good reminder to me about exercise. I don't really know how many steps I am taking. The first day I go the pedometer, it said about 7000 steps, so there was room for improvement. However, I'm not a trouser person, and I havn't worn a pair of trousers since yet. It just doesn't seem to work on skirts, as the next day it only recorded 1000 steps, and my day had been no different to the previous. Anyway, based on my first reading, it seems clear that I could be doing more walking. Also, yes I do really want to know where this journey will take me, so although I'm disappointed, I'm not about to give up. I feel like come hell or high water, I'm going to see this through to the end.... just want the end to come quicker!

Kerriew, I'm now up to 3 1/2 litres. One more glass to go after this one!! My LLC recommended I drink 5 litres a day to speed up my weight loss. Do you think drinking that amount will help?

Thanks again everyone
minimouse

6 stone losses tend to happen over 5 months - so if you keep on track you'll be in management by Christmas!

Also - I would add that I never used my pedometer I just checked the distance of certain journeys and aimed to hit 5 miles a day (I did wear my pedometer at work and discovered that my 8 half litres of water and loo trips added to 2000 steps (or a mile) a day!)

Hi Mini

I am not having a good day today but I can answer your question with confidence. We were advised that 6 litres was about right, per day, for serious weight loss ie over 2lbs a week.

Those women in my group who drank the water (easily 5-6 litres daily - certainly never less than 4 litres), consistently lost more than others. I don't understand the science so I can only offer anecdotal evidence (that I witnessed). Try to spread out the water - I do three chunks of 2 litres - one bottle in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the late afternoon/early evening. When I only drink 4 litres, I do notice a difference.

So, water, water, everywhere - that is the answer!

Good luck and yes, keep an eye on your ultimate goal, keep an eye on your immediate goals and defintely look back at how far you have come.

Take care.

Go for it, Minimouse!

Mrs Lxxx

Hi mini, I aim to drink between 5-6 litres a day and the biggest 'losers' in my group are the ones that drink more - to a point anyway, no point making yourself ill cramming excessive amounts down. Spreading the water out is also important rather than glugging it every so often (though as somebody who works in a biological lab, consistent drinking is nigh on impossible!). If you can go for 5 litres then that's great - I also work on the theory that if I'm used to drinking 5-6 litres and I have a bad day where I don't feel like drinking, it isn't so hard to make it to 4 litres. I know at the moment 6 stone feels like a lot to lose but you will shift it quick on this diet! I started with 9-10 stone to lose and am now at 3.5 stone in just 10 weeks - the rapid weight loss makes it easier to bear missing out on a few food related events and its a fantastic feeling when clothes start getting looser! I went shopping the other day and for once there was nothing SMALL enough for me rather than the usual situation where I am restricted to whatever they stock in big sizes. Good luck with your journey - enjoy the experience and use this forum whenever you feel low - its a lifesaver!

You are doing really well my weight losses have varied between 9lbs in the first week to a strange 2 weeks where I lost 2lbs and 3lbs and then suddenky the next week I lost 6lbs:eek: where did that come from, I was doing nothing different.

The brilliant thing with this is the weekly weight loss no matter how small it seems. As everyone has said its what it adds up to at the end that is important. This is much better than the 'hoping for the best' each time I got weighed at my old WW class.

Just keep it up.:D

Mrs L - just to add, I was only a 5.5-6 litres a day drinker for about 4-5 weeks out of 30 - I have consistently always drunk 4 litres a day (apart from 2 days where I fell asleep!) - so I don't think there's any science behind it - but that's just my personal experience. I do think it really helps to get things going though - so is probably a good idea after a slow week.

But to be honest my buddies on the magic sofa (there's a sofa at my counsellor's where all of the 100lbs losers - including me - sit) look at me like I'm mad when I have a 5.5 litre a day week! The other two are both big walkers though.

If I don't regularly have 5 litres a day when I go for my weekly weigh in and do the ketosis test my LLC says that I am dehydrated. My last 3 tests have been a very dark pink almost purple and before the last test I had already drunk 4 litres of water. My LLC says that we are all different and my body just needs more water to operate normally. The weeks I had the lower losses were weeks I was struggling to do more than 4 litres. So I guess there must be something in it.

I don't think there's any harm in it - and like I said, I think it gets things going - but ketosis sticks aren't a precise indication of your hydration levels either - mine showed dark on the days where I went over 6 litres! My LLC says not to place too much stock on the sticks - the only way to know exactly what your ketone/hydration levels are would be to centrifuge your wee collected over 24 hours and who wants to do that?!

Just to reiterate - there's nothing wrong with having 6 litres - I do it myself some weeks!

Back