only lost 1lb and feeling demotivated :-(

bedazzled1980

hi everyone,
on my 3rd weigh in of SS i had only lost 1lb even though i hadnt cheated. is this normal? i just thought, well i can lose 1lb a week on a conventional low fat diet surely! and now i fear i have lost my motivation.
first week i lost 8lb and second week i lost 4lb.
any motivation or explanations most welcome.
thanks everyone

Don't worry, this is normal and a lot of people have weeks with low losses. Don't concentrate on the weekly amounts, look at the overall picture. 13lbs off in 3 weeks is fantastic. The average is a stone a month so you're well on target. Plus I don't know of any other diet where you can sustain a stone a month for 3,4,5, months etc other than a vlcd

Hey
You are doing so well.... dont feel demotivated.
13 lbs in 3 weeks is amazing... it really is..
I am sure next week you will have a bigger loss if you stick to it, it has to come off.. Are you drinking plenty of water? Also sometimes if you are nearing your totm it can make a difference.. Stick with it..
A few weeks in a row I lost 2 lbs and then the week after that 5 3/4 our bodies work in different ways.
Good luck and hang in there its so worth it!!!
x

I know the feeling - when I started i lost 5lbs my 1st week then 1lbs a week for the next 3 weeks!! Keep going it's worth it in the end - I bet u'll have a good loss next week.. Let me know how u get on x

Try not to be disheartened - there could be so many reasons for this 'blip'. Pick youself up and look forwards ........ it'll level itself out in the end! x

1lb is still a loss, and look how well you have done in 3 weeks. You wouldn't have done that well on any other diet. Also there was a post the other day with a picture of 1lb of fat and its massive!! x

Keep on with it !!! I totally understand where you are coming from cos you feel with how hard you've worked you should be losing more but like everyone says 13lbs in 3 week is great, the challenge is not to let this 1lbs demotivate you cos what ever the amount is each week it is still coming OFF !!! Your doing really great ....xxxxx

I can understand why you're feeling a bit disappointed and fair enough maybe you could have lost that 1lb on another diet. But could you have lost 13lbs in 3 weeks on another diet?! Thats a great loss!

You're supposed to lose a stone a month, weekly losses can go up and down. Stick with it.

I know the feeling, i've had small losses too recently and this week I fear I may have STS (totm) but the main thing is the scales are moving in the right direction (when they do move) and I think looking at the overall loss in the short timeframe definitely helps! :)

For me once one of my WI's is over I try and draw a line under thinking about it and concentrate on the next week and keeping 100%

Keep at it, and try not to get disheartened, i'm sure next weeks loss will probably make up for it :) Good luck and congrats xxx

Back