Only went out for a top.....

LadyLovesLilac

My wardrobe consisted mainly of serious casual stuff (I am being kind to myself there!) and decided to buy a new top to encourage myself.

Met up with my son who decided that as I had Gok-ed the undies he might as well take me in hand with the rest of my clothes. His theory being that if you feel good about yourself then the diet goes easier... its a point!

Anyhow 2 skirts, 1 pair of trousers, 2 formal shirt, 3 smart/casual tops, a nice evening top and 2 pairs of shoes later my entire wardrobe is capulated and colour coordinated.

And the brilliant thing is that the styling of them is such that as weight gones a quick wizz on the sewing maching means that they will still fit as I shrink.

The boys a genius!

:) Good for you, i cant wait till i can buy some new clothes !! Ur son sounds great x

My wardrobe consisted mainly of serious casual stuff (I am being kind to myself there!) and decided to buy a new top to encourage myself.

Met up with my son who decided that as I had Gok-ed the undies he might as well take me in hand with the rest of my clothes. His theory being that if you feel good about yourself then the diet goes easier... its a point!

Anyhow 2 skirts, 1 pair of trousers, 2 formal shirt, 3 smart/casual tops, a nice evening top and 2 pairs of shoes later my entire wardrobe is capulated and colour coordinated.

And the brilliant thing is that the styling of them is such that as weight gones a quick wizz on the sewing maching means that they will still fit as I shrink.

The boys a genius!

you lucky lucky thing :) is he available to rent ???? lol....

Debz x

I have bought lots!:)

Have already lost four inches off my waist, so I had no choice.....honest!:D

Dress well on your way down the scales, Lilac....I think it makes you feel more inspired to complete the LT course!:)

How much does your son charge?.....

..for fashion tips and style advice, of course!;):D

:D lol ..

did exactly the same today, great isn't it!

Trust you, you go out for a coffee and get a fella, go out for a top and get a whole new wardrobe.It's alright for some! lol

Wow! What a son? My son is 18yrs and goes greeny/gray whenever I mention him needing clothes and defo would drop dead if I mentioned him coming with me while "I" got clothes! Treasure him! (and the clothes!!!)

He has introduced me to a whole new way of shopping - I used to try to buy new items that matched the ones already in my wardrobe. Nope, he doesnt do that.... says to shop for "an outfit" - so basically if you NEED a new pair of trousers say, then you should buy 3 tops and a pair of shoes that go with them so that you have 3 new outfits straight away. Possibly a casual, formal and an evening top or maybe just 3 casuals if you are buying jeans. That way you are coordinated and ready to go. And if some of the tops will also extend into your "other outfits" at home its a bonus!

Everytime I veered off his plan he rolled his eyes and said "now I know how you have the wardrobe that you have".

During a well deserved coffee break he told me that he personally owns 4 pairs of jeans, 9 tops, 2 jackets and 3 pairs of shoes and I have to say looks brilliant every time I see him. His wardrobe gets well worn and replaced every 6 months or so. Sounds like a system!

He has introduced me to a whole new way of shopping - I used to try to buy new items that matched the ones already in my wardrobe. Nope, he doesnt do that.... says to shop for "an outfit" - so basically if you NEED a new pair of trousers say, then you should buy 3 tops and a pair of shoes that go with them so that you have 3 new outfits straight away. Possibly a casual, formal and an evening top or maybe just 3 casuals if you are buying jeans. That way you are coordinated and ready to go. And if some of the tops will also extend into your "other outfits" at home its a bonus!

Everytime I veered off his plan he rolled his eyes and said "now I know how you have the wardrobe that you have".

During a well deserved coffee break he told me that he personally owns 4 pairs of jeans, 9 tops, 2 jackets and 3 pairs of shoes and I have to say looks brilliant every time I see him. His wardrobe gets well worn and replaced every 6 months or so. Sounds like a system!

OK now I am a green eyed monster!!!!! :jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous::jelous:

Back