Onwards and Downwards to a healthier me

Oh dear 1/2lb on this week. Not great but not a massive problem either just need to focus. I would like to get 3lbs next week which would give me my 1/2 stone award. I am focussed and I will do this.

I will do the following:

1. Plan all my meals
2. stick to my plan (this is where I fall down sometimes!!)
3. up my speed foods
4. drink lots of water

Right as the title says 'onwards and downwards'

Been awake since 4:30 this morning and was tempted to get up and have something to eat but just made a coffee instead and watched a foyles war. Had some tomatoes and mushrooms on toast for brekkie and another coffee. Today's menu plan looks like this:

Breakfast: toast, tomatoes and mushrooms
snack; pineapple
lunch: sw quiche, yoghurt and nectarine
dinner: pork pad thai

HEa - milk for coffee, HeB - toast, syns - 6 for chese in quiche

Didn't get on to post yesterday as a bit busy but menu was

breakfast: toast and peanut butter (3 syns)
snack: snack a jacks (5 syns) nectarine
lunch: chicken, couscous (1.5 syns) and yoghurt
dinner macaroni cheese 13.5 syns

well over my syns yesterday but had some in reserve from the day before.

Today
Breakfast - toast and peanut butter (3 syns)
snack - nectarine and belvita (3 syns)
lunch: HM scotch broth, yoghurt and snack a jacks (5 syns)
dinner: cold meat, tomatoes, cucumber, dip - syn free

No wine syns today as I am driving DS back and forth to scouts so that will be me for today 11 syns

Didn't get a chance to post the last couple of days as have been busy cross stitching. I am doing a piece for a colleague who is retiring in March so I need to have it finished by the beginning of march to get it framed.

Anyway on to SW news I lost 2lbs this week to give me my 1/2 stone shiney - yeh. Have 6 weeks til the retirement do and would love to lose another stone by then so I have got to keep my head in the game.

Menu for today:

brekkie: philly and ryvita (HeA and HeB)
snack - belvita (3 syns) and pineapple
lunch: rice (2.5 syns), peppers, tomatoes, cucumber and chicken, yoghurt
dinner: venison steaks (2 syns), mash and mixed veg
supper: berries and ff yoghurt

Have to say its quite good because I don't think about food or wine when I am stitching as I am just so absorbed in what I am doing lol. In saying that I have not had a great three days

Thursday - lunch out with work colleagues as it was inservice so we started early worked through til 2pm and left for a meal. I had pate and toast followed by penne pasta with chicken, mushrooms, spinach and a white wine sauce - absolutely delicious.

Friday - met a friend and we had paninni for lunch

Saturday - valentines meal which was pate and crackers to start, duck legs in an orange and port sauce with potato rostis (all M&S) baby carrots and tenderstem brocolli for main course, 3 profiteroles for desert (fortunately we have two children so they get shared between the 4 of us which works out to a perfect 3 each lol). Plus two bottles of pink fizz.

So back on track today as I need to reign it in to get a sts at least - don't want to lose my 1/2 stone shiney. Am about to make some scotch broth which will do me for three lunches and then will have a roast chicken tonight with roast potatos (SW style) and loads of veg.

your food for those 3 days sound lovely!:)
At least your getting back on track now :)
I used to do some knitting years ago, and actually made a jumper & baby cardi, as well as a scarf :D.....felt a real sense of achievement though when i had finished the jumper and cardi :D

Well that was a lucky escape - managed a sts this week. I must have been so good on the days I wasn't indulging. Totally back on plan for the next two weeks as I have nothing on until 6th March which is my anniversary.

Have menu planned for the week and must go and get the lamb casserole for tonight's tea out of the freezer which we are having with cubie potatoes and brocolli. Lunch is mugshot, plums and yoghurt and I had ryvita and cream cheese for brekkie. Snacks are fruit to bulk up my speed foods.

I would really like to get 2-3 lbs this week.

Oh dear not a good week. Put on 1.5lbs at weigh in which I totally did not think I deserved and then it all went down hill from there.:sigh:

Anyway after a dismal 4 days I have got my head back together and will be super good for the next three days. Today planned to have

breakfast: LM sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes
lunch: leek and potato soup
dinner: roast beef, broccoli, baby corn, carrots, mangetout, Roast potatoes

not planned further than this but plan to do that shortly for the rest of the week.

Oh dear not a good week. Put on 1.5lbs at weigh in which I totally did not think I deserved and then it all went down hill from there.:sigh:

Anyway after a dismal 4 days I have got my head back together and will be super good for the next three days. Today planned to have

breakfast: LM sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes
lunch: leek and potato soup
dinner: roast beef, broccoli, baby corn, carrots, mangetout, Roast potatoes

not planned further than this but plan to do that shortly for the rest of the week.

Sorry to hear you had a gain you felt not deserved :(
The thing is you should have carried on plan, may have shown next time?
But sounds like line drawn and you're back on it :)
Keep it going !:)

Thanks denise. I stuck to plan yesterday and sunday and I have my weigh in tonight. At least I will know what damage I will have done then and then back on it 100%. I think to be honest the little gain was just the catalyst as my head was not in it at all this week, not sure may be totm or something but I have just wanted to eat anything and everything in sight!!

I am setting myself a mini goal of losing 10lbs by the end of April as that should be doable and would give me my stone award so long as I have not put on more than 2lbs this week!!

By the way has something happened to your diary as I couldn't access it yesterday but could on sunday??

Thanks denise. I stuck to plan yesterday and sunday and I have my weigh in tonight. At least I will know what damage I will have done then and then back on it 100%. I think to be honest the little gain was just the catalyst as my head was not in it at all this week, not sure may be totm or something but I have just wanted to eat anything and everything in sight!!

I am setting myself a mini goal of losing 10lbs by the end of April as that should be doable and would give me my stone award so long as I have not put on more than 2lbs this week!!

By the way has something happened to your diary as I couldn't access it yesterday but could on sunday??

Good luck for weigh in! :)
Your goal sounds totally doable :)
I have been having more of those wanting to eat everything moments!(including past 2 days-feel rubbish -head cold/flu-ish:sigh:)

OH!!
Sorry about my Diary!....I have had it moved to Silver Members diaries, which means no-one with less than 500 posts can view it....
I thought everyone who had posted on my diary already had 500 posts ......apologies to you x :(

do lots of posts on some of the games on here....that will boost your post count :D
Sorry again - didn't realise!

That's fine about the diary will give me something to read when I get to 500 posts lol and we can keep up to date on here :)

Not sure how but managed to lose 1lb this week. Totally bizarre. Last week I was really good stuck to the plan like glue and gained 1.5lbs then this week was so disappointed I ate what I fancied and lost 1lb. So net score is now 6.5lbs lost. I think I will try a couple of SP days so that I can negate any leftover lbs gained this week. Seems like my body may be working a week in arrears.

LOL, yep sure can :)
Well done on the loss !
And that IS odd :D
funny how are bodies react in bizarre ways like that ?:)

Good luck with the SP days, not sure if i'm brave enough to do one of those again yet :D
whenever i have tried, i find i want yoghurt and grapes and things :D

Mmmm I think planning the speed days is going to take longer than actually living through them lol. Everytime I think of a meal there is something wrong in it or maybe it's just that my brain is full of fuzz after three very demanding days at work. Think I may try for one tomorrow and one on Monday just so that I get the hang of it.

right SP day today was

breakfast: omlette with mushrooms and tomatoes and toast (HeB)
lunch: chicken and bcon with roasted vegetables
dinner: slimming world thai fishcakes with thai salad

snacks were: plums, nectarines and tangerines

HeA was milk for coffee

to be honest I feel stuffed and am not thinking of having anything else this evening, although I should have another HeB. I used most of my syns last night for both days on wine so having a syn free day today.

Dinner sounds nice :)...in fact all your meals sound yum!:)
plums.....i've got a thing for them at the moment, bought some really tasty ones from tescos...very morish :)
syn free days are good for making up for stuff like wine etc :)

Back