Ooh just bought me a slow cooker!

What can I make!? I think I am mostly a green day girlie but would welcome red suggestions too!

lots and lots i use mine loads in the winter nothing like a stew or casserole bubbling away all day read for when you get in.
there are lots of recipies and ideas in the recipie section

i tend to just bung things in
quick and easy fav off the kids when younger was
beans, onions mushrooms tomatoes and sausage with BBQ seasoning left on low for 4 or more hours that they could help them selves to it when they came in from school/collage when i was at work:D

still do it using syn free sausage

fab way of using lots of super free

enjoy xx

I love 3 bean chilli cooked in my slow cooker. Onions, garlic, 3 tins of beans (I always use butter beans, kidney beans and blackeyed beans), passata, a little bit of sweetener, salt and pepper and mixed herbs. It's lovely with your hexa cheese!

Made this last week..............

Pete’s Slow-Pot Sausage & Beans

Serves 4

Ingredients

4 Sainsbury’s “Be good to yourself” extra lean Cumberland Sausage
400g Baked Beans
400g Cannellini Beans, rinse in hot water
400g Borlotti Beans, rinse in hot water
400g Chopped Tomato’s
500mL Knorr Rich Beef Stock-Pot Stock
1 large onion
4 slices smoked bacon, finely cut into strips
1tsp dried thyme
1tsp paprika
1 chilli, deseeded and chopped finely
Splash of light soy sauce
Splash of Worcester sauce

Method

Spray a frying pan with Fry Light and cook the onion, chilli & bacon with the sausage until cooked.

Switch the Slow-Pot to “high” and add the beans, add the Worcester sauce, soy sauce, thyme, paprika & 250mL of the stock.

Cut the sausage into 16 pieces and add to the Stock-Pot with the other frying pan ingredients.

Bring to a boil and add extra stock to cover the ingredients and then turn the heat to”low”
Enough left for tomorrow!

Attachments

• Slow-Pot Sausage & Beans-2 (Large).JPG
    Slow-Pot Sausage & Beans-2 (Large).JPG
    157.3 KB · Views: 82
  • Slow-Pot Sausage & Beans (Large).JPG
    Slow-Pot Sausage & Beans (Large).JPG
    221.9 KB · Views: 94
Back