oohhhhh I was CROSS!!!!

Oh well done you! She has obviously got her own weight issues - that's very apparent! Very proud of you, well done. x

well done u on weight loss,i to have a friend who is a lot bigger then me and keeps saying ill put it all on once i start eating grr but she not only one,i had been feeling bit down recently and was told"its that stupid diet"mmmm sad isent it,but hey ho we know we can do it and i find it makes me more determind to keep it off...:D

I think when you get such negative responses from people you should direct them to this site to look at the inspirational slide show. That ought to silence them.

If and when I encounter those kind of responses, I shall tell them to put there money where their mouths are and to sit back and watch me get the last laugh! :)

:p:pWell done Miss B, shows that you have got so much will power and are fully determined! :) A colleague at work did the same thing to me, now offer food, but was saying don't lose too muvh weight and then saying do u want to be like me ( and she is a size 8), there are so many jealous epeople out there, it makes me fell so sick thiking how one can act like that! xx

I've come to understand that my Dad is not being mean to me deliberately but is struggling himself. My Dad can't do LL as he is an insulin dependent diabetic. Whilst I won't let him derail me, I can't dislike him for it because I know how desperate it can be to be overweight. I know he is pleased for me but is also very envious too. Life and people are so complicated :)

I think when you get such negative responses from people you should direct them to this site to look at the inspirational slide show. That ought to silence them.

If and when I encounter those kind of responses, I shall tell them to put there money where their mouths are and to sit back and watch me get the last laugh! :)

LOL can't do that BL - I don't want em here ! :D

She sounds like a true 'toxic friend' well done on being so strong

I've come to understand that my Dad is not being mean to me deliberately but is struggling himself. My Dad can't do LL as he is an insulin dependent diabetic. Whilst I won't let him derail me, I can't dislike him for it because I know how desperate it can be to be overweight. I know he is pleased for me but is also very envious too. Life and people are so complicated :)

That must bbe really hard Bex. :( For both you and your dad - you must want to celebrate you success, but must feel like you are throwing it in your dads face....and must be so hard for him seeing you lose so quickly when its so important for him too. Thats a real tough one you have going there. :(

I'm sorry you had that experience with your friend. I had a similar one when I lost a lot of weight a little over a year ago, and went home to visit my family (who hadn't seen me in the interim).

It seems likely that if you were both overweight, she found comfort in having a 'eating buddy', and now that you're thinner, she's finding herself not only in danger of losing that (NOT that it's healthy), but feeling that your newfound habits are reminding her of what she 'should' be doing and that makes her uncomfortable. Sadly, most people don't take the time to think about that, and do what they think will take them back to their 'comfort' zone the quickest - seeing you overeat too.

WELL DONE for standing up for yourself and being brave enough not to give in this pressure. It must have been very difficult - resisting falling back into old patterns, and making things easy between you two. You've demonstrated the sort of assertiveness I hope to gain this time around.

Bravo to you, I would have been too scared to say anything. Just shows how focused and determined you are. I am inspired!!

Back