Oooh Saucy!!!

SaraC

Pesky pescetarian from Australia!
Hiya,

I was just wondering if anyone is as "into" sauces as me? Before SW I put Chilli Mayonnaise on pretty much anything (chips, pizza, rice etc), nowadays my favourite sauces are Blue Dragon Hot Sweet Chilli Sauce (1.5 syns per tbsp) and Levi Root's Reggae Reggae Sauce (1.5 syns per tbsp).

Does anyone else have sauces often?

I am a salad cream freak, now I just add a tablespoon to as much fat free yoghurt as I wanna use and it is v yummy, sometimes I'll add a little mustard to it as well :)

My hubby had a sauce with everything (if he got away with it that was - a sunday roast i'd put my foot down, lol)

We still have sauces, but more slimming world friendly ones.

I make the syn free BBQ sauce & hubs has that alot with things, well worth making :)

Ohh that sounds good gettingthinnerbytheday, have you got a link to the recipe? :)

I have mayo with absolutely everything-except gravy :p since starting SW I have cut down a LOT. We have always used either light or extra light, but it is good to have cut down. I do like tomato and brown sauce as well :eek:
New favourite things to chuck on food are the diff varieties of Tabasco :D

I still have all my sauces, honey musterd light choices is onlt 1/2 syn per tbsp, ketchup BBQ sauce mayo salad cream as long as you syn them you can have them :)

I have discovered soy sauce, which I now have on everything! I also got some Worcestershire for the SW burger recipe, love that too, takes like brown sauce I think.

Emma xx

Have you tried the Saucy Secrets book? There is a sauce for all occasions in there...........

i love salad cream but i have the extra light one now. we don't have tablespoons here so i squirt and syn it as 3. i hope that's right!

i am not too bothered about other sauces, but love gravy!

I'm just a freek!! i have got a 1 tablespoon measure at work and 1 at home lol :)

Yeah really badly into my full fat garlic mayo. But dont use that anymore, been converted to a little splash of sweet chill sauce, not so high in syns or extra light mayo!

Great idea about the salad cream mixed with low fat yogurt...ill try that.

Im a gravy lover....cant have a roast dinner without it.

Back