Ooooops Afternoon Tea!

Butterflygirl

Mum rung me this morning to tell me she had surprised me with afternoon tea today in the lakes..... eeeep! She didn't know I was on the diet

So, we went, I ate:

At least 3 or 4 cups of Earl Grey with Milk and half a teaspoon of sugar
5 tuna sandwiches (triangles)
Jam and Cream Scone
Sticky Toffee Cake
Irish Fruit Cake

Oooooooops!

However, in preparation for this, I didn't have my breakfast shake, nor did I have my lunch one and definitely not planning on an evening one!!!

Hoping to up the water intake tomorrow to 3.5litres instead of the usual 3 and hope for the best. Hopefully I wont put on weight and just stay the same this week instead.

Oh dear :(

I'll make my confessions too, went out to a concert with my little brothers (who are both taller than me, hmph!) last night and afterwards we went out to eat and I had a hotdog, chips and onion rings, and some of a chocolate shake :break_diet:

How about we both just wipe the slate clean and go for a 100% week now? :)

Il third that. I went out last night and had a chicken tikka masala mushroom fried rice and a naan bread. It was date night i couldnt resist! Were such ******* arnt we. Butterfly girl im adopting your attitude and just hoping the scales dont punish me come monday! Xx

Oooh they took out my word! It was only b.u.g.g.e.r.s!

Haha, I don't know why they'd bother, its not as though children are going to be using a dieting support site :rolleyes: Right Hanellis, you're in it now too! One week, no eating, girls! We've to hold each other to it!

He hee I am doing my best today and holding on to the water bottle.

Couldn't face a breakfast shake, was still full from yesterday.... contemplating my lunch one soonish.

Going to stick to 100% from now till Wednesday- but I weighed myself this morning and had only put on 1/2lb! so that's alright(ish)

Il fourth that thought it was just me eating when i shouldnt, really made me laugh reading this thread as i was feeling really down as i ate 2 cupcakes which i baked with the kids and had some of the kids donner kebab too ooops,dreading weigh in tomorrow promising myself not to eat next week:confused: dnt know why but can only go 2 days being good an then start nibbling,anyone else the same?

LT is a tough diet but if you are not going to follow it 100% then maybe it isn't the diet for you. Eating or nibbling while you're on it makes is even tougher, why are you doing this to yourselves?

I have copied and pasted the below post from BetsyBotox because I think it's spot on:-

I do not understand people wanting to eat while being on a TFR, as I believe it defeats the purpose. I believe TFR should be exactly that - Total food replacement, where all temptation/ options of food should be taken away. I believe it takes a stronger will power/determination to abstain completely, than to have a day off here and there with food and drink. I believe you can learn so much from 100% abstinence, I know I have. Your palate is completely cleansed and refreshed. Your old life and habits cleansed along with your tastebuds.

There is no doubt that LT works. I believe LT works better if you're 100% committed to the plan. I believe you should use your time on LT to educate yourself about food. Find yourself. Find out why you've had to resort to such an extreme plan. Find out why you eat/over indulge.

LT and total abstinence has taught me that food is not my friend. Food is not going to comfort me. Food is not a treat. Food IS fuel! The right foods are a necessity in order for me to live a healthy, happy, fulfilling life.

Don't take on LT until you are positively sure you are going to be 100% committed to the plan. Make sure you want to be healthy, fit and happy more than anything else in the entire world. Educate and find yourself while on plan, and you can't fail.

I hope this hasn't offended anyone. I am here to support you all on LT as I hope you will support me.

BM

I dont feel offended at all. But i will say we are all only human. Mistakes happen dont they girls! Lets get back on the wagon! Xx

HERE HERE Busy Mum, I think what you have said is perfect. I couldn't agree more with you, what is the point in doing a TFR diet when you're not being TFR. As you say, we should be using the time whilst being 100% to redress the issues we obviously have with food and our lifestyles and use the time wisely to research, think and plan for a much healthier future.

Busy Mum is right, if you are finding it impossible to stick 100% to a TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT diet then this obviously isn't the diet for you. I can't tell you how many times I've literally drooled over food and smells, especially as I have a 21yr old at home who is always cooking himself spicey chicken dishes and the smell is just totally amazing as soon as I walk through the door but do you know what........I choose weight loss over the temptation to cheat........I choose a healthy future and breaking the habits of a lifetime that have put me where I was to begin with.

I don't think anybody should be offended by your post as you're not stating anything that isn't true and if the truth hurts and offends then that's not your fault. Well done for saying what you did. I may well have offended but like you, what I've said is the truth and if that hurts then that's not my doing. I just think that posting what you've eaten, even though it's not in the 100% part of the forum is not helping those who may be feeling weak and really struggling because some may take it as a subliminal green light to cheat where they may not have done so if it hadn't been posted.

Rant over........back to struggling with my own demons.

I couldn't agree more with BM and MsR. I find coming on here an aid to assist my progress and determination. However sometimes reading what people are eating hasn't helped me at all as it just makes me think well if others are cheating then maybe I should too, I haven't. But it's hard enough without reading about some of the foods that people are eating. I'm sorry too for joining the bandwagon although I don't think it helps people who have tried there hardest to stay tfr!
I wish everyone the best of luck and congratulates everyone for doing this diet as we all know how hard it is. All I ask is that you possibly don't mention what foods you have actually eaten please
X

WOW!

Remember guys this only a diet!!!! Don't take life so seriously :)

Lips are zipped

I will have to disagree with some of the comments. As some of you may know I have had a dreadful week and ate on two occasions with some chicken and salad. I still lost 12lbs this morning, ok it could have been more but I am delighted all the same. It's still nearly a stone after all. It takes exactly 90 days to change your habits. We are only human so if we want a treat what harm does it really do? Good luck all

I haven't been negative regarding nibbling or cheating krazychic my only issue is putting on here what type of foods are being consumed as it feels like lamb to the slaughter n mouth watering when I read it. Although if people are treating themselves with non protein foods they're 100% gunna kick themselves out if ketosis making it super duper hard getting back in to it.
You've done fantastic this week though Hun x

I really want to comment but i'm too tired after a super long day to write something meaningful but I have to say I agree with busy mum and ms R. I was tempted to post when this post was initially posted, I have been dying to go for an afternoon tea with ,y hubby for ages and we drive past this aprticular place quite often, anyway he reassured me hed take me once ive reacheed goal, I also had family round all day sunday and cooked and did lads of baking for them, staryed 100% though. Anyway than came on to forumfor a bit of support adn encourgement to keep going as I had been around so much food I had been craving to eat but managed to not cave - then to read the post with everthing listed - hand on heart the honest truth is I actaully cried, I felt awful and didnt know wat to do. I just felt so ****. for me this isn't 'just a diet', I agree with all thta Ms R adn busy mum had said. I got myself into a cycle of eating so much food, stuffing it in myface, not chewing, not tasting, one thing in y gob after another - all behind closed doors, away from all doors, my confidence had hit absolute rock bottom, i felt ugly,unhealthy, unattrative,worthless- the list goes on, losing simply 2 stone has done me the world of good, i feel like a different person, like I am allowed to be happy again adn it is helping me re evaluate my attitude to fod, i spend alo of time thinking how i will maintain and what my attitutedto food will be post LT adn no other diet apart from aTFR diet would have done that.

Sorry - i guess I didhave a rant after all. well apologis to anyone ive offended, I love you all and will do my best to support you all through your journeys as you all support me so wonderfully

much love and big hugs xx

My goodness!

Think I'll just deactivate the registration now then.

Ta folks

Hi all,

I totally agree with what Busy mum and Mrs R are saying,
However I do believe its all about the state of mind.
As humans we all are different and our will power and goals may differ from one another.
I myself have been guilty of picking .
I am blessed to have the support of my son who reminds me of my goal .
LT has given me my confidence and self control back, and also helped me to self Evaluate myself and my Relationship with food .
If I am tempted now I just think of the bigger picture and do I really need that food or is it a case of wanting it.
The point made earlier was spot on.
Food is fuel for our bodies not there to indulge on . Moderation in life is my new motto.
Regards
Miss Piggy 123

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I know how you r feeling goose I have felt the same in the past and it is worst when you don't lose as much as someone who hasn't been 100%. Well at least we know that we r doing it for the right reasons this is not a quick fix it's a life style choice well done ms r and busy mum on speaking up for all who r 100%

Girls I agree it just not right to cheat and to post on here when the rest of us are sticking to it100% and supporting each other. From personal past experience its easierto stick to it totally than to cheat now and again especially if ur still losing but believe me u will lose control and be stuffing anything in your face once again and the first thing u will feel when u wake up will be failure For me my first thought every day is "yes one more day done".
I m quite lucky cos I dont have to cook for anyone as I live with my grown up son who cooks for himself mostly. I dont even go into the fridge which makes it easier I have so much respect for anyone who cooks for families and sicks to this. My son has just cooked his tea (wont say what it was) but I just ran myself a lovely hot bath untill the cooking smells disapeared. U just gotta get on with it but nothing is gonna make me stop till Im happy with waht I see in the mirror. I never really look at myself and I think thats why Ive got so big so Ive decided to look at myself naked every weigh in day (mon) I just got a shock I dont look good I cant believe Ive done this to myself but its upto me to put it right and I will do . Next week I'll look better and the week after better again. One thing that worries me is saggy skin. I want to lose 4 stone can anyone who has lost this much in the past (Ms R I know u have)let me know if this was a problem.

Anyways off for a wee and then to refill my pint glass.

xx

;Remember guys this only a diet!!!! Don't take life so seriously :-)[/QUOTE said:
I feel quite sad reading this comment as it seems that the author has no regard for other people. Whilst it may not be a serious issue for a few people, I would say that for most of us, this diet is a last resort and could for some of us be a matter of saving our lives. I consider this serious enough to warrant a bit of respect for those objecting to comments and posts that seek to sabotage genuine people who struggle day in and day out....me included.

I want to be able to live a long happy healthy life, free from constant backache, achy knees, not being able to wear nice clothes, avoiding social events etc.... and all because of being obese. I also don't want to embarrass my children or give them a future of having to look after me because I'm unable because of my weight to look after myself. I want to be able to go for walks with them, cycling, swimming etc... all those activities that fit healthy families do. I also want to set a good example of healthy eating and lifestyle so that my children don't end up on Lipotrim or some other similar plan in the future. I need to take control of my weight issues once and for all and make sure that I use this time to plan a healthy future.

Yes I do think that this is a serious diet because the problem I'm curing myself of is serious but I will enjoy the company and support and happy to continue to give support to all the wonderful amazing people struggling as I am each and every day.

Thank you to those supporting me and Busy Mum who in fairness was brave enough to start this discussion because it really gives me hope to know we're still all here to support each other.

So on a positive note, I'm now skipping to the Monday Losers Club thread to congratulate the BIG LOSERS of today. xxx

Back