Ooooops Afternoon Tea!

Hi Happychicken1

Last time I didn't have any skin issues. I put it down to swimming and other exercises I did. Walking will tone your legs and is not as tough on your body as running whilst your on TFR. Likwise swimming is a fantastic all over body exercise that is ace for toning bingo wings and the 6 pack area. It's also great for lifting the derrière too!

I've had to curb the amount of exercise I do this time round as it slowed my weight loss down too much but I still dance every week and go for walks and the occasional bike ride or swimming but not all in the same week, I try to limit it to 2 activities a week and not as intense as I'd normally do. I also think that drinking plenty of water is fantastic for the skin.

Hope this had helped you in some way, PM me if you want to chat anymore xx

I totally agree with you Ms R, you put it so much better than me!

For me LT is not just about losing weight it about developing a much healthier relationship with food. If we want to succeed now and in the future to maintain our goal weights we have to follow it 100% to have any chance of conquering our demons. As I said before food is not a treat, or a comforter or my friend, food is only fuel, this is want I need to learn and I can only do it by abstaining from food and learning new techniques to cope when I'm upset, stressed or even happy!

It's hard, I know. Life goes on as normal around us while we are on this diet and we have to learn to deal with all these events while sticking to LT 100%. Thats the only way to succeed in the long run. We're taking back control. We can still celebrate, enjoy, live our lives while we're on LT after all its only the food we're not having.

I will support you all on LT but I am serious about this diet as it is saving my life.

BM

I totally agree busy mum and ms R not offended at all,wish i had the same will and determination as you guys but some days i really struggle and give in,its because i feel so alone just being around the children all the time my youngest is 3 and is visually impaired i have to sit and help her feed herself and my 4 year old is recovering after having miningocacal septicemia and is still very fussy when it comes to food so it is very stressfull, sorry to go on dont want sympathy just support taking every day as it comes,hope to support everyone else too,:eek: keep going lovely people and carry on supporting each other:eek:

I totally agree busy mum and ms R not offended at all,wish i had the same will and determination as you guys but some days i really struggle and give in,its because i feel so alone just being around the children all the time my youngest is 3 and is visually impaired i have to sit and help her feed herself and my 4 year old is recovering after having miningocacal septicemia and is still very fussy when it comes to food so it is very stressfull, sorry to go on dont want sympathy just support taking every day as it comes,hope to support everyone else too,:eek: keep going lovely people and carry on supporting each other:eek:

slimgem said:
I haven't been negative regarding nibbling or cheating krazychic my only issue is putting on here what type of foods are being consumed as it feels like lamb to the slaughter n mouth watering when I read it. Although if people are treating themselves with non protein foods they're 100% gunna kick themselves out if ketosis making it super duper hard getting back in to it.
You've done fantastic this week though Hun x

I wasn't getting at anyone, for someone new like myself i really couldn't stop moving back to bbad habits on my first week which is why i said a bit of chicken doesn't hurt anyone, i am proof of that as i still lost 12lbs. I'm not saying i will be doing it every week, i just needed it this week for reasons unknown. However now in the kitchen i have put do not nibble signs lol, lets see if that works this week. I felt guilty enough by cheating myself never mind others saying if i am not doing tfr, why bother? I didn't gain 26 stone in a week so i won't lose it in a week, surely it's about a lifestyle change. "People take different roads to seek their own happiness and destiny, just because they are not on the same road as i am doesn't mean they have got lost" Each to their own, maybe if the subject of eating offends people then we should be more weary of others who are doing tfr. I honestly never thought of it like that and selfishly came on here when i had a cheat as i felt guilty with what i did and needed support. I appreciate what your saying and on my part it will be food free and will use the site to record my weightloss results only. Sorry again if my comment(s) offended anyone.

Essentially this thread was a place to confess that we'd had bad weekends and support one another to get back onto 100% and try to stick to it this time. Nobody was saying that it was a good thing that we broke the diet, nobody was advocating that it was okay to pick at food while doing this diet, so to be honest this attitude of 100% Or Go Home, holier-than-thou isnt helping anyone, girls. I suppose I can't speak for the others but I WANT to be 100%, I want to stick to this diet for 9 months or however long it takes to get rid of all this fat, to re-educate my tastebuds and have a healthier lifestyle, but its tough and I slipped up this weekend. This is a support forum and all I wanted was to support the other girls in saying that all we could do is put it behind us and get back on the horse, take it a day or a week at a time and BE 100%.

After reading all the posts that have been added since, all I feel is discouraged and unwelcome. I'm sorry if reading what we'd eaten made anyone feel tempted, but it was clear from the title of the post that this thread was going to be about food, and its not in the 100% subforum so we are entitled to talk about food here if we wish, nobody is making you read it. Can we please put all this behind us and be more positive?

I completley agree. Posts have been completley blown out of proportion. I shall no longer use these forums. If you cannot talk about food then you are way way off a healthy relationshop with it

this attitude of 100% Or Go Home, holier-than-thou isn't helping

but it was clear from the title of the post that this thread was going to be about food,

This forum is not a virtual diet church for confessions, it's meant to be a support forum for people on TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT therefore the support is meant to be for staying 100% and not somewhere to catalogue food eaten...which is how it came across. I have seen people 'confess' that they have fallen off the wagon etc... and have posted to gain support...which they received lots of...but they didn't catalogue the list of foods they had eaten. It is probably for this reason that others didn't follow suit and also catalogue what they'd eaten as has happened in this thread.

Also, I don't recall the title of the thread saying OOOPS AFTERNOON TEA, HERES WHAT AND HOW MUCH I ATE so no it wasn't obvious that it was going to be a list of foods eaten.

The subforum you speak of which you feel is ok to talk about food is a subforum of a TOTAL FOOD REPLACEMENT diet support forum. Maybe I'm missing something but I thought the idea of Lipotrim is total abstinence from food hence the TFR label? Also why would anybody on a TFR diet, want to talk about food? I was under the impression that TFR is a way to avoid food eating or talking about eating it until they're at goal and ready to start a new healthy way of living?

In terms of being positive, I couldn't be more positive and I give and receive a lot of support from many other positive members on this forum so I don't feel any need to change my attitude.

Nobody wants anybody to feel unwelcome and discouraged, this is the last place for that as we're all struggling like mad to stay on this diet but when you accuse people of having 'a holier than thou' attitude, I could argue that you are the one who is discouraging and making me and possibly others feel unwelcome.

I am happy to put this behind me and move on but I felt strongly enough to respond to your post. Hopefully now we can get on with the business in hand.....losing weight and positively supporting each other along the way.

I wish you luck with your journey, you do seem to have a long way to go as I do and I hope I can be of help and support to you if you are happy to receive it and likewise, I would welcome your help and support. Best wishes.

We have two options:

Option 1: We can continue on this path of making people fearful that you must be 100% or don't even talk about it. Which will only scare people away and even possibly back to food.

Option 2: We can empathize with members, who are people, and people make mistakes (thats why MiniMins exists) and encourage people to be open and honest about their diet and face their relationship with food head on. You cant support somebody if they don't talk.

I understand that food talk is tough on members who are on lt to remove themselves from food. Thats why we have a 100% forum....

I can also introduce thread prefixes to say "Food Talk" and 100% only, if you think this would help?

Pierce

Thanks Pierce, a prefix would probably help.

Ms R, it was my understanding that it was only the 'Lipotrim TFR 100%' subforum where talk of cheating was not allowed, so while it wasn't my intention to make anyone feel bad that I mentioned food on this thread, it is in a forum where that kind of talk is acceptable :tomato:

Back