Ooops! Too much food methinks!

jerricebenton

Silver Member
Ive gone a little overboard in teh treats I have made for tonitghts Butterfly Bake! So far I have made devilled eggs, syn-free Scotch eggs, lemon butterfly cakes & stuffed cherry tomatoes & celery!

Have I made too much? SHoudl I leave soem at home? Ive never been to a SW taster/party type thing, so dont know how much gets eaten :eek:

Ive never stayed for one, usually peeps take one lot of food each. If you've a reasonably large group take it all, Im sure they'd really appreciate your effort!

I'm sure they'd love your efforts!

mmmmmm looks lovely whats in the devilled eggs?

Hmmm the scotch eggs look massive! Must make some one day!

It all looks so fab! Love devilled eggs!

It all went! And my devilled eggs & scotch eggs were a masive hit :D

The devilled eggs were just made with extra light mayo (one level tablespoon) and a dash of curry powder, so it was 1 syn for that whole tray.

The scotch eggs are only made with half a boile egg! I think they look massive because they were in a small tub?

ooooo im so excited i have so many new recipes to try just got to remember not all of them at once lol

The tomatoes & celery have creamy pesto in them (1 teaspoon of green pesto mixed into VLF fromage frais), I think its 1 or 2 syns for that whole tub.

it gets even better i luvvv pesto

All your food looks great - well done you, I'm sure it was all much appreciated! Hope your group did well in donations to the NSPCC!

I'd say to ANYONE going to a taster evening of any sort, take everything you can if you're willing to 'donate' it. You can always bring home anything that gets left over (doesn't happen much at our group either!), but so many people are working and haven't the time to prepare food, that normally everyone is really grateful for everything that arrives (NOT our marinated Tofu or gory pink couscous dessert - but we did try!!!).

Two things I would suggest to anyone taking in food to a taster evening:-

1. Please LABEL your efforts, and list the ingredients even if you don't have time to write out the whole recipe, because some people are vegetarian, and NEED to know this. If you CAN write out the whole recipe, I'm sure it would be very much appreciated by everyone who wants to try it themselves, who can then quickly scribble it down for their own use!

2. Our Consultant always asks that those who cannot actually make something, to bring in something BOUGHT that is SW friendly, such as a salad, some cherry tomatoes, a fruit salad, a punnet of strawberries, even a sugar free drink! This works very well, and gives us all lots of choice. If your Consultant doesn't suggest this, perhaps you could mention it to her - I know that many in our group are really grateful for that option at times.

As I expect you can tell, I LOVE taster evenings!!!

Last edited:
Thanks Roz, I did label & write out recipes for my food :) its very good advice. Im glad i did, as everyone wanted to make scotch eggs! I didnt even get any of my savoury food, it went so fast.

Back