Ooops

Mumoftwo

After following the sw plan for 2 years I have only now discovered that the tomato based pasta sauces I thought were low syn or free, are actually a lot higher. :cry:
I thought when you calculated them the tomato content was free and entered it as such in the sw calculator.
The sainsbury sauce I usually use, which I thought was free is actually 8.5 syns a jar!!! :(
I'm going to be a lot more careful from now on, it's no wonder my weight loss has slowed, I've been eating a lot more pasta since I changed to EE.
It just goes to show how complacent we can get after following the plan for a long time and think we know it inside out!!

I'm going to read through my books again thoroughly to see what else I've forgotten/missed. :eek:

yup sometimes it does help to go back to week one every now and again! you'll probably have a really good loss this week now! x

Unfortunately a great many of the ready-made pasta sauces have a lot of oil in them. And sometimes sugar and thickener as well.

Yeah I bought a jar of Napolitana tomato and chilli sauce and its actually quite high for a tomatoe sauce. Saving that for next weeks syn fest of cupboard clearing :D

Back