Oops...

JujuBerrrry

Silver Member
Arrived home yesterday guys, after being great at uni with my locked cupboards and no food. I come home to a house filled with chocolate :(
I've had ten galaxy counters and a tiny bit of pop tart.
I know it's not as if I had a big meal but I still feel so guilty. I'm at home for another week, and I'm 16st, I desperately want to be in the 15's for when I get back to uni (next Tuesday) so hopefully there aren't too many temptations again and I can stick at it.
2 and a half stone gone and I still feel down about how big I look. I've got 4st to go until I reach target but it's just so frustrating :(
Hope everyone is doing okay!
Much love xxxx

My uni cupboards are so empty too....I'm dreading going home! It's an extra challenge but you can definitely deal with it, the food will still all be there when you are at goal if you want it...you can do this!

(haha apologies...love a bit of cheesy motivation! :p)

I've possibly had an extra 150 calories the past two days. In counters and that pop tart.
I know it's not a lot.
So it may not effect my weight loss, I've just got to the stage I was at last time where I worry too much about putting weight on.
Will I have out weight on? From eating the above. I'm going to stay 100% now so I don't continue to feel like this.
Will I be out of ketosis? Or have put weight on? Oh my xx

My uni cupboards are so empty too....I'm dreading going home! It's an extra challenge but you can definitely deal with it, the food will still all be there when you are at goal if you want it...you can do this!

(haha apologies...love a bit of cheesy motivation! :p)

Haha, I'm not tempted at all at uni that's how I've done so well. I knew it would be like this when I got home, lots of siblings = lots of yummy food.
I'm sure as long as I stay 100% I'll go back into ketosis and have not gained weight. I just don't want it to eat to the point where I'm weighing myself everyday and worrying.
Thank you hehe, good advice!! x

I don't mean to be harsh by saying this - but this is exactly the sort of behaviour we are trying to fix for the long term. Our lives will be filled with many things after the 'diet' in the future, cupboards full of stuff, holidays, celebrations... We need to learn self-control.

Because - ok, you stick it out and lose all the weight at Uni with no temptations around. Then you'll be at target.

Go home and bam! -- you still don't know how to maintain because you never learned to say 'no' to yourself when the option to eat was there.

And then you start eating a little... Then the weight comes on - freak out!! at +5lbs, then it's "all out the window" - freak panic eating - OMG 1 stone gain - 'oh fudge it can't be asked' and then the denial happens, scales are hidden and the weight creeps back on - because we're too scared to look at the clothes tags, the scales... all because the will power to stop and curb the damage and to really think about it.. never existed in the first place.

Break out of the cycle !! It's possible!! :)

I've possibly had an extra 150 calories the past two days. In counters and that pop tart.
I know it's not a lot.
So it may not effect my weight loss, I've just got to the stage I was at last time where I worry too much about putting weight on.
Will I have out weight on? From eating the above. I'm going to stay 100% now so I don't continue to feel like this.
Will I be out of ketosis? Or have put weight on? Oh my xx

I've read that it takes 3500 calories to put a pound of fat on, which is a lot!!! If you weigh and you DO see a gain then it'll just be some sort of water weight, it'll FALL off you in a few days if you get back to plan, I think we all have moments like that, I definitely have! I think it takes moments like that for you to realise just how much it means to see the diet through :) next time you feel tempted just think about how disappointed and horrible you felt when you ate the chocolate... It wasn't worth it was it?!

Last Saturday I had a bad day lol. Weighed 4 days later and the scares shown a 0.2lb loss... Yippee... A few days later and they show a 2.2lb loss lol. Scales are horrible.

Yup, 3500 calories to burn or add 1lb of fat. So 150 calories is nothing at all really, not in the grand scheme of things. It's probably the thinking behind why you had those things that you need to deal with but like Aaron said, any difference on the scale will be water weight rather than fat so will soon disappear again. After my bad Saturday I had a 0.8lb gain! Two days after WI I was already down 2.5lb.

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the support. It just really upsets me because the first time round I did this I lost almost 8 stone and didn't slip up once.

I've had a bad couple of days where I have eaten noodles and chicken and some chocolate so I think I've gained at least 2/3lbs.
And I'm definitely out of Ketosis.
I'm back to uni on Tuesday, so as of tomorrow I'm going to be 100% then hopefully by my WI on Sunday (next week) I'll be in the 15's.
And back in ketosis.
There is never any temptations at uni, I have no food there and the cupboards are all locked, so I never cheat.
I just hope I stick to it. I feel so guilty and worried about cheating but I've lost 2 stone 5lbs in 6 weeks, I just need to keep the determination.
xxx

JujuBerrrry said:
Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the support. It just really upsets me because the first time round I did this I lost almost 8 stone and didn't slip up once.

I've had a bad couple of days where I have eaten noodles and chicken and some chocolate so I think I've gained at least 2/3lbs.
And I'm definitely out of Ketosis.
I'm back to uni on Tuesday, so as of tomorrow I'm going to be 100% then hopefully by my WI on Sunday (next week) I'll be in the 15's.
And back in ketosis.
There is never any temptations at uni, I have no food there and the cupboards are all locked, so I never cheat.
I just hope I stick to it. I feel so guilty and worried about cheating but I've lost 2 stone 5lbs in 6 weeks, I just need to keep the determination.
xxx

It's not important that you made a mistake - it's important that you learn all you can from it. Don't beat yourself up for it, it's counterproductive. The more guilty you feel about it the more tempting it will be to eat something to comfort yourself and your guilt will increase and back onto the cycle you go. Instead try to think about why you ate the food. What is it giving you. How did you feel before and after (mentally and physically)? If you can recognise triggers in the future it might help you in similar circumstances. There's a really good book called Dr Beck's Diet Solution which I think is very helpful. If you can get the workbook then I'd suggest you do as I much prefer it to the normal book but if not the normal book is good too. It tries to address your behaviours around food - which are not only key to addressing 'cheats' on the diet but also essential for keeping the weight off afterwards.

Good luck!

Last Saturday I had a bad day lol. Weighed 4 days later and the scares shown a 0.2lb loss... Yippee... A few days later and they show a 2.2lb loss lol. Scales are horrible.

Haha I like 'scares' was this a typo or a clever pun?

Haha I like 'scares' was this a typo or a clever pun?

Ha I never noticed that, subconsciously knocking out clever puns! I love them when they surprise me with a nice number but hate them any other time!!! :D

Well guys, I've still lost over 1lb but once it got to tea time I had something to eat again.
So I've probably gained.
But as I'm back to uni tomorrow it's possible to be 100% again.
And hopefully be in the 15's by Sunday my WI day.
I just want to thank you all so much for the support I really don't know what I would do without this site. As I don't know many people my age that struggle with their weight. I'm just fed up of feeling guilty for the weight gain and eating in the first place.
Good luck everyone!
Mwah xxxx

Back