Open the BBQ season

hexe

Hi all

Who would like to share their SW BBQ favourites?
I will open the BBQ season this weekend and I am still in need of SW appropriate ideas.

Well, so far, I will make
Minted Burgers

Steak Mince
Onion (finely chopped)
Garlic
Chopped fresh mint or sf mint sauce
(if you don't like mint - parsley is nice, too)
Seasoning (to taste)

Mix well and form burgers
Put on the BBQ and "ensure the food is piping hot before consumption" :D
Enjoy

I usually add an egg to burgers to help it bind x

I usually add an egg when I do burgers in the frying pan with fry lite, never tried it for BBQ burgers, will give it a try. Thanks :)

If you blitz your mince in the food processor with all your seasonings, you shouldn't need to add anything to it. It will bind on it's own and the burger won't fall apart. :D

I love skewered king prawns marinated in blue dragon dipping sauce (I think 2 syns for 1tbs but check first) and done on the BBQ. Can't wait to try the Thai salmon burgers on the BBQ. X

SpaceAngel said:
If you blitz your mince in the food processor with all your seasonings, you shouldn't need to add anything to it. It will bind on it's own and the burger won't fall apart. :D

That's what I do :) works a treat!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

caroline5th said:
I read someone on here about forming your burger round a baby bell. Sounds lush

Mmmmmmm!!! :p. Or.... You could sprinkle feta cheese into the mixture and oregano and do Greek style burgers in Pittas with Tzatziki (I'm sure there's a Tzatziki recipe on here) :)

Mint burgers sound yummy!!! So do babybel ones! Am getting some of that action this weekend!

I usually do things like chicken kebab skewers with onions and peppers on.

Weepypig said:
Mint burgers sound yummy!!! So do babybel ones! Am getting some of that action this weekend!

I usually do things like chicken kebab skewers with onions and peppers on.

And mushrooms... Don't forget mushrooms!!

Back