Operation advice for a newbie please?

Discussion in 'Lipotrim TFR 100%' started by bye-bigun!, 11 March 2011 Social URL.

1. bye-bigun!

bye-bigun! Sensibly losing :)

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st6lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Good afternoon all :)

I am new to the plan, started officially today and its not going too bad. However, I have a question or two!

I am due to have a big operation on my back at any time and also a big operation on my bowels and other bits n bobs LOL... both of which have a minimum 6 week recovery and then a few months until I am well ont he road to recovery as it were... I am waiting on a date as I speak as I am on the urgent list for both (plus waiting for my gallbladder removal appt, bloody thing!!!)... my question is how long do I need to leave it until I quit the prog before my op? Common sense tells me NOT to be on this diet for the op and recovery but I am not sure how long I should give it... I should get minimum 2 weeks notice, or more for a date...

Has anyone been in this position and do you know if there is a suggested period? I wont see my consultants now until I am booked in and my GP wont be much help either... I guess I could call lipotrim?? Also, when is it safe to resume the plan in to my recovery? I dont wanna get fatter being sat on my bum all day while I am laid in bed but then I need the energy to get well and do physio etc - plus I have 3 kids to care for.. well when I sat care for I mean listen from upstairs while they drive the other half mad while hes on leave from work!!! LOL!

Thanks for any info!

Dxx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. SandraB

SandraB Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st5lb(9.79%)
    Diet:
    Counting calories
    Hi, I was in a similar position and did LT in order to help my recovery following a hip replacement. I gave up and did refeed two weeks before the op.

I haven't done LT since cos I was seriously anaemic after the op but I have still lost about another half a stone.....I did ww for a few weeks but didn't find the new plan particularly effective. Now I'm happy maintaining by counting calories on myfitnesspal.com ideally I'd like to lose another half a stone but it's no big deal and I'm losing about 2 lbs a month so perhaps I'll get there eventually...

Good luck, losing weight really will make a huge difference x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.