Operation Bridesmaid Aug 2013!

Ok so went a bit soup mad last night and made a couple of batches which were both really tasty, recipes below if interested.

Spicy tomato

Tin of baked beans
Tin of chopped toms
Salt and pepper
Chilli to your taste

Mix beans and toms in pot with salt and pepper and heat through. Transfer to blender and blitz add chilli powder to suit your tastes and serve it was yummy!

The second was a real just chuck it in and see:

Curried veg soup

Bag of chopped carrots, swede and potato from tesco
1 Leek
3 sticks of celery
Half an onion
Tin of toms
Tin of green lentils
2 chicken stock cubes
Mixed herbs and salt and pepper
Curry powder to taste

Same as before throw all in one pot with stock until soft then blitz - also really tasty

Both soups sound nice - will be giving them a go. Am not doing well, can't seem to leave the chocolate drawer alone at the moment :(

Yesterday's meal plan was so good!!! I was really on plan and all day i was craving some real home cooked comfort food. (was sick of chips after being away) So I went and made a big pot of stew. I forgot how much I really liked it. Just reminds me of growing up. Missed the crusty loaf with it though lol!! I had planed to get the dog out a big walk, but the hubby informed me it was his mothers birthday so we had to go out shopping for a pressie. I had to take my phone into the O2 shop as well, it kept turning itself off and over heating so he had to send it off to Samsung to be repaired so I am now phone less for a whole week!!! :( Gutted!!! I feel like I have lost an arm. Will get the dog out a walk tonight though hopefully.

Meals for yesterday (Wednesday)
Breakfast - Hifi bar (HXB) and a banana
Lunch - Rice and mushrooms with an apple and an activia.
Dinner - Extra lean mince stew (5 syns for gravy) with green beans and carrot and parsnip.
Total syns 5.

Meals for today (Thursday)
Breakfast - Apple, banana and 2 nimble
Snack - plum
Lunch - Low fat super noodles, orange and an activia
Dinner - Chicken curry and rice

Total syns - none.

Your going well back on plan then. Lets just say the soups do the job girls they are really filling!

I have been good past 2 days also, all bran with ss milk and banana for brekie, soup for lunch, fruit throughout the day and chilli with wedges for tea both days.

Not a syn in sight (except for the packet of tesco everyday onion rings I had last night - only 4 syns). I bought their multi pack of onion rings, cheese puffs and salt and vinegar sticks, I think there are 12 packs for 59p and none over 5 syns.

Me and the other half are having a few weeks of the alcohol but I am determined to slip in at least one glass of wine on easter sunday as lent is over!

York was lovely thanks we had a really nice relaxing time - did lots of walking but also did lots of eating and drinking :). Still not back on track - am struggling badly at the moment. Family issues are not helping either :(

I had a really bad night last night. My husband brought in a kebab and we shared it. :( I am struggling to get back on track this morning we have woke up to loads of snow!!! I managed to make it in to work and I am sitting in soggy trousers and socks. :( All the girls in the office are talking about getting frys for tea break lol!!! HELP!!!!!!!!! I have muched a good bit of my food so far this morning as well. Just feel so hungry today

Its so hard when life gets in the way or our plans but I have had non stop issues this year and it would be so easy to blame them but I just think of July and me standing in a bridesmaid dress knowing I could be looking so much better so need to keep at it.

I too have munchie head on today but burying my head in process maps from my bed to stop me! So glad I can work from home on days like this!

This morning I have had plain porridge with canderel (still missing my golden syrup ones) and ss milk with a black coffee and just now a coco pops snack bar with a coffee 4 syns.

Lunch I think i will have a free omlette with loads of filling

Having barbeque chicken with mash and corn for tea, just using one of the colmans shake and bake packs so works out about 3 syns

We are having a dvd in bed tonight so will get some fruit in for that and mayble allow a pack of onion rings at 4 syns

I don't have anything major happening this year to keep me motivated but have decided that I am going to get it out my system this weekend and Monday morning I am going back on track with a vengeance!!!! Wish my hubby had more willpower as that would help but if I say I don't feel like eating healthy he is the first one to suggest takeaways/crisps/chocolate :(
will be making your soup on Monday morning :)

This weather today has me feel very moody and all. When I feel like this all I want to do is eat!!! Its a nightmare had my lunch and breakfast all on plan and then just ruined it with a packet of McCoy's !! The hubby is making a big slimming world curry for dinner, I have been craving garlic bread though so i am gonna have some with my dinner and try and get it out of my system. I haven't been very on plan these last few days. At the same time though I don't think I have been as bad as I could of been since coming home from hols. I am looking forward to getting back to my slimming world class on Monday though to see the damage and get a bit of motivation again. Chapmaf I too wish my hubby was a bit more into it!! He is ok about about his weight and not by any stretch fat. He is literally the king of junk food though. It annoys me though cause he can eat what he wants and not gain a pick. I think it helps he has a manual job. He is always wanting Takeout and stuff as well. I have told him he has this weekend to get it out of his system cause i am full steam ahead with operation bridesmaid dress come Monday!!!

Sounds like you had a really good holiday. Any pics? I love exploring new places so much! Don't worry too much about your holiday gain or a few days not quite on plan. You'll get back in to it in no time :)
Hope you have a good weekend.x

Kells do u want to share some of your willpower with me?? Mine is running low at the moment lol!!!
Unexpectedly ended up with my boyfriends kids this weekend so my evening of DVD in bed was ruined:cry:

so this is when I confess that I am having a takeaway tonight and to pot with being good! It's like I was saying life gets in the way lol

Heading for an awesome gain tomorrow but I am fine with it. I have a good few weeks off plan and I know exactly what to do to lose the gain again. I have to be super focused now and I must say I feel focused. I cant wait to be back on plan. I get paid on Tuesday and I am going to my local swimming pool to sign up to there monthly plan. Even I go twice a week its more than I am doing know. I will be a slimmer bridesmaid lol!!

I am pleased to see I am it the only one with a lack of will power a times. At least yours was only one night KellsMC1!!! I am back on plan this morning and have the stuff ready to make the soups so just hope the gain comes off quickly!!! Wish this cold weather would do one as might make me feel more like it. Mind you still couldn't take the dog for a walk as she is not allowed exercise due to a poorly leg :(

I am pleased to see I am it the only one with a lack of will power a times. At least yours was only one night KellsMC1!!! I am back on plan this morning and have the stuff ready to make the soups so just hope the gain comes off quickly!!! Wish this cold weather would do one as might make me feel more like it. Mind you still couldn't take the dog for a walk as she is not allowed exercise due to a poorly leg :(

That's what i love about this site its just shows how normal we all are. We cant be angels all of the time, life would be very borning. You will get your gain off in no time same as me hopefully lol!! Dreading weigh in tonight. But at the same time I am looking forward to it so i can draw a line under the past few weeks of reckless eating.

I know what you mean :). Bet you will be fine tonight, will keep my fingers crossed for you.
I sort of think I should weigh myself so that I can see what I am up against but on the other hand at the moment it could have the opposite effect and depress me into eating even more junk!!!!!

Today is my first day back on plan and so far so good. I have started today by eating my breakfast at 8am this is a major improvement for me cause usually I just have my breakfast at 10am at tea break in work but I think that may be too late to start my system.

Monday 25th March

Breakfast -
Weetabix HXB with milk HXA and a banana

Tea break - Plum and Activia

Lunch - Savory rice, raw carrot, and an orange

Dinner - Chicken and bacon in tomato and chili sauce with pasta

Total syns. 0

Last edited:
Back