Step 1 Sole Source + Operation in the 11s by Christmas...🎄

Lily92

Hello everyone.

Tomorrow I am starting Cambridge after a few months of losing and then gaining the same half a stone on slimming world. I need a change and I need something drastic to give myself a bit of a kick start again. This is my first time trying a VLCD so I am nervous but right now I feel very motivated and determined. I am looking forward to taking my mind off what I can and cannot eat too, if that makes any sense.

A bit about me: 26, Scottish, critical care nurse, mother to two lovely cats and a fish. 😉 I have always been a bit on the chubby side but this year I’ve really felt those night shift biscuits have taken their toll on my waistline. It’s time to put myself first, get to a healthier weight, feel better in my clothes and get my confidence back.

I’ve two big Christmas parties on the 14th and 15th of December so my first goal is to be close to 12 stone by then, and hopefully under the 12 stone mark by Christmas Day itself.

I met my consultant today for the first time and stocked up on loads of things. I got 2-3 of most products and she said I can swap things next week when I find my favorites. I weighed in at 13st 7lb and my goal weight is somewhere between 10st 7lb and 11st, I will decide when I get there. I was recommended 4 products a day due to my height and activity levels at work.

Looking forward to sharing my story here and getting to know some of you people on this journey, even though it seems very quiet here.

Enjoyed my last supper this evening and I’m very ready for a change. 💪

Lily x

Last edited:
Welcome to CD, its hard the first few days but then the hunger subsides I though you will achieve your 12 stone target by your Christmas partys, its a very rapid loss :)

Welcome to CD, its hard the first few days but then the hunger subsides I though you will achieve your 12 stone target by your Christmas partys, its a very rapid loss :)

Thank you very much jfc, first day is going smoothly and suprisingly easy so far. Small headache but nothing major. I am expecting the carb withdrawal to kick in over the next few days though but it will be worth it!

You loss has been amazing going by your stats, wow wow wow! You must be feeling incredible. How long has that taken you? Have you been on Step 1 the whole time?

Lily x

Survived my first day and it was actually much easier than I expected, although I am probably still running on all the food I ate yesterday. 😆 I took 2 paracetamol for the headache, hoping that’s allowed. Here’s what I ate:

Breakfast: porridge
Lunch: festive Christmas bar
Dinner: strawberry shake
Snack: mint bites

Not the biggest porridge fan usually but I really enjoyed this one. Also loved the festive spiced bar and the mint bites were delicious. The shake was my least favorite but I read they are nicer made with ice so I’ll try that tomorrow! 😃

Question: do you guys weigh yourselves daily or just once a week?

Yippee, 2.25 pounds off already in one day. I know it’s only water weight but very motivating to see this morning. Feeling good today and not too hungry yet. Rice pudding for breakfast which was a bit powdery but nice and sweet.

Good luck today everyone. Lily x

Day 2 complete and all is going well so far. No headache today and I’m not too hungry. 😊 I found it hard to sleep last night with my grumbling stomach so hoping I’ll sleep better tonight. Choices today were...

Breakfast: vanilla rice pudding
Lunch: apple and blackcurrant smoothie
Dinner: mint bar
Snack: lemon bar

Really enjoying the products overall, which I’m surprised about as I’m usually a bit fussy. The bars are quite yummy and really do hit the spot for something sweet.

Tomorrow I am working a 13 hour day shift so I hope I don’t get any strange withdrawl symptoms or bad headaches. I work in the ICU so I need to be able to concentrate very well. But hopefully I will be fine and I will take some paracetamol if needed.

Goodnight everyone x

On my work break and feeling really good. Not hungry at all and no headaches or feeling weak. My head feels really clear and it’s nice to not have to think about food. 😉 I was down another 2.25 pounds this morning so 4.5 total in 2 days. It’s very motivating seeing the scales move so quickly even though I know it’s mostly fluid.

This forum is very quiet so I am probably the only one reading my posts but I will keep documenting. Lily x

Day 4 today and no change in weight this morning as a result of eating 1100-1200 calories yesterday. 🤫

I had my 4 products before/during my 13 hour hospital shift and when I got home just after 8pm I was starving. There and then I was so close to making up a big bowl of pasta with loads of cheese, giving up and returning to slimming world. But I kept things low carb and had a medium portion of chicken stir fry and broccoli cauliflower rice instead.

Today I am very glad I didn’t cave in and overdo it on the carbs although I’m a bit disappointed in myself that I didn’t stick to my plan. I think I made the better choice though so I will take that as a win this time.

I’m am off work now until Thursday so I will be able to keep my head in game without distraction. Breakfast this morning was a lemon bar which is becoming my favorite product. The festive Christmas bar is also lovely.

Nothing like a Monday to get me motivated. Good luck this week all. Lily x

Last edited:
Hi Lily sorry I havent posted for a while, you are doing really well, keep going and soon you will be in ketosis and from then on it gets easier. I had a nandos as my add a meal this weekend, I had the grilled chicken and chargrilled veg, I did allow myself a glass of wine and have lost another pound (not sure how that works, although my total calories for the day was 800) I want to lose another 10 pounds before 11th December when I am off to Tenerife for a week with my daughter

Back