Operation shrink my butt! 1st goal - Lose 1 stone!

TaraTeal

Silver Member
Hi everyone,

Tara here. I started a JUDDD diary after my wedding back in July/Aug time. Well to cut a long story short I lost 4 stone for my wedding in June on a vlcd programme. I gained 18lbs on honeymoon and came back feeling beaten and just awful to be honest!

I tried and tried to get on the vlcd again and kept failing. I tried juddd but wanted the quick results of the vlcd. So what happened.....

Well I fell into a chocolate oblivion and have been battling ever since. Not being able to make up my mind and all the while the lbs have crept back on.

My metabolism was shot to hell after the vlcd, I've gained an immense amount of weight since then, that would have taken years ordinarily!

I am starting juddd again with a twist. I am trying to eat as clean as I can, more fresh veg and fruit, lean meat, whole grains etc. I don't just want to be slim anymore I really want to be healthier too. I have been exercising alot more, we just got a puppy so I take her out on long walks every day.

I am going to do my first weigh in next thursday, even though I've been on plan this week, I've started my diary from today so will go from there.

Whilst doing the vlcd I found keeping a diary on here was a lifesaver, so will prob bore you all on a regular basis.

Good luck to all you other dieters out there.

Tara x

Hi Tara, it's nice to 'meet' you! I like the sound of your clean food plan. I've been trying to eat real food on down days, rather than relying on readymeals and low cal processed food and I'm finding that it does help. You've got about the same amount to lose as me, although I haven't given myself a time goal as I'm not sure how fast the weight will come off with JUDDD.

Good luck with JUDDD and I look forward to reading your diary!

Hello! I am on JUDD after S&S and you will find it just as great as the other forum and diet!

Nice to hear from you, I was wondering what you had been up to after all the excitement of the fab wedding and honeymoon!
I look forward to seeing more of your lovely chat..

I am so impressed with your progress BB! Blimey you've done well. Good for you... I have gained so much back from the VLCD, just not been looking after myself really.

But I am ready to commit again, I am just sat eating a little clementine whilst typing this, trying to teach myself to snack on healthy stuff instead of grabbing rubbish. I know it will take me a long time to lose the weight I've gained, and I am probably being a bit ambitious for a goal of -60lbs by next june, but I would be at a healthy weight and happy. This is what i am aiming for. I am trying to do as much exercise as poss too, getting out with the dog has really been good for me!
x

Hello Tara, welcome to JUDDD. I've also been on a couple of VLCD and I couldn't sustain it so I put all the weight on again, plus more. When I heard about JUDDD I knew this was the "diet" for me.
Congratulations on your wedding and good luck on your JUDDD journey. :)

Thanks so much, just had a neb on your diary too! Well done so far! I am aiming to lose a stone by xmas hopefully! x

Thanks so much, just had a neb on your diary too! Well done so far! I am aiming to lose a stone by xmas hopefully! x

Thanks Tara, yes that's my aim too. I am usually a slow loser as I have an underactive thyroid, so it would be great to be a stone lighter. Good luck and have a great weekned. :)

I would love a dog, I'm allergic to cats (love them too!) and that's what other half loves..

I was lucky that I jumped from s&s to this as I needed something to at least keep the hard fought weight off while allowing me to start enjoying life a bit! I missed my alcohol! Lol I sound like an alky!
I did a mini refeed and then started allowing silly things that I had craved while on vlcd to get them out my system!
Now I have managed most of that without any gains, so I now need to get house sorted and then back into my gym room.

It's a great diet to be on, takes a bit of thought but I found the gloriously skinny soups help? I am waiting for a kitchen before I can make my own home made ones, so they fill the fat at the moment!

Good luck TT glad u r back and posting!

You've done really well BB. I just piled it on after I finished S+S, my own fault!

It's so tempting to place another order, get my all important lemon bars and go back on it, get the rapid weight loss and feel great again, but... I just know I will probably gain it back again, I will do the odd stint on it though, I have packs left, like do 10 days of it before Xmas, or before and event or hol etc. It could work well that way to cushion the blow of any damage done!

I have been shown a really nice juice recipe from a Lady I work for. She puts celery, spinach, carrots, broccoli, apple and pineapple in a juicer with a bit of lime and a small amount of ginger, omg it looked awful, but it was delicious! And I was full until 3pm, I had it in the morning around 10am. I really like this idea, theres next to no calories and on down days I can still get all my nutrients!

There is some cals in the juice obviously, but I will make up a huge lot that will equal around 250 cals and that will last all day, 3/4 glasses and it's amazing how full it keeps me!

Hi, and welcome :) I'm new here too via Exante and low carb. Still low carbing really but I think JUDD will prove to be the long term plan I've been longing to find! I do think you're right about the VCLD's not being sustainable long term... they're handy to shift a chunk of weight if you have a lot to lose cos it gives you a bit of a boost iyswim. It can be daunting seeing that you've got 7stones to lose and it'll take you over a year! Anyway, I'm sure you'll soon get into the swing and enjoy those Up Days :D xx

Thanks everyone for your lovely replies and good luck to you guys too! DD today and just dropped the OH off at work, going to have soup today I think, I have a few cuppa soups in the cupboard that are under 60cals, so may have a few of them, it's turned very cold the past few days so will enjoy something to warm the belly! I will weigh in monday even though it won't be an official first loss, I will just go from there and report any losses from there onwards.

Going to keep myself busy cleaning today, between that and coursework I should be able to keep cravings at bay! We are takin the dog for a nice long walk later on when OH finishes work.

Below is my progress from the VLCD I did, between the photos I lost just under 4 stone, put most of it back on now, but this is my motivation I wasn't entirely happy at the end weight but... I was much happier and more confident than I am right now!

motivation.png

I remember your photos, such a petty face! I loved that lace dress on you. You have proved you can do it, just relax, remember how it felt and move on! Next chapter coming up!

Aww thanks, that's lovely to say! I am keeping myself focused on getting back down to that size again, just keep having to deal with the battle in my head because I want it all now, quick results to get back to that size so quick. It's hard, but I am sure I will see great results from this too!

TaraTeal said:
Aww thanks, that's lovely to say! I am keeping myself focused on getting back down to that size again, just keep having to deal with the battle in my head because I want it all now, quick results to get back to that size so quick. It's hard, but I am sure I will see great results from this too!

Tortoise and the hare! You've been the hare now be the tortoise...

Ok So.. only had two clementines up to now, so doing well so far! Think I may have an options hot choch if I can find one in the cupboard, if not I will have a cuppa soup next!

Yeah I was really pleased especially as i have had a rotten cold this week and not exercised since the first day which is not usual for me.

I see you are form lincolnshire, I went to school in stamford and college in lincoln where are you ?

Aww hope you get better soon, horrid time of year for colds! We live near humberston, Grimsby way on. I love lincoln, one of my fave places, unfortunately so is the restaurant Damons in lincoln too! If I get to my goal for xmas we are going to have a night away and stay in lincoln at new year. x

Back